Hey everyone!Happy Stewart Sunday!
Here’s another long post from me again. I’m completely exhausted from all the parties last week. Good thing I have a lazy Sunday right now. First there was the birthday party I talked about in my previous full post. A quiet, but fun family gathering.
The next day was the bachelorette party, which was sooo much fun. We ended up having the perfect weather for our scheduled boat trip and spend two glorious hours basking in the sun while floating through a beautiful natural reserve. We all brought snacks and drinks to munch on during the trip. Afterwards we went to a nice restaurant and had a delicious dinner on the terrace. Then we went to one of my friend’s home to have a drink. The weather was too nice to sit inside and watch a movie, so we just sat in the garden and talked. We attempted to start a card game, but everyone was pretty tired at that point so I didn’t go so well, haha. But it was a fantastic day! And the bride thoroughly enjoyed it too, so that was one mission accomplished.
Friday was the actual wedding. I had to scramble in the morning for a dress, because the dress I intended to wear was made of a fabric that made me break out in a sweat just putting it on. I couldn’t even get it off again because it was sticking to my body so much. The fact that I gained a tiny bit of weight since I bought it had nothing to do with it, I swear.
I ended up wearing a Christmas green dress, but I don’t think anyone noticed with the light-beige and nude vest, shoes and bag… Anyways, I thought I looked great considering the last minute change. And obviously it wasn’t about my outfit. All eyes were on the beautiful bride. They had a ceremony for the law and one for the church afterwards. Then it was off to the reception and my friends and I finally had a change to meet the husband. He was very nice and they’re obviously very much in love. I’m really happy for her. Though it is weird to think I now have friends who are married… It’s so… adult! lol
Finally, yesterday was my grandmother’s 65th birthday. I don’t know if it’s the same in the US or Australia (or any other country you all come from, lol), but here 65 is the age that you get to retire so it’s a pretty big deal. The whole family went on a guided boat tour through the city of Dordrecht, where she lives. It’s the oldest city in Holland, so it was pretty interesting. And again we had perfect weather. I even got a sunburn, which admittedly was my own fault since I didn’t apply any sun block. Oh well. Then we had a wonderful High-Tea and ended up for drinks back at my grandmother’s house. Another fantastic, but tiring day.
Wow, that was a long message… Enough about me. What have you all been up to?Lynne
– Finished my second read of The Heir in the past week. Will start putting together a review after my post. I’m so glad your talk at the writers’ group went that well. I hope those people will help spread the word on your novel. The pictures of Rob in the grass are also high on my list. In fact, a long, long time ago I made a wallpaper from one of them that’s still on the old pc I use when I’m at my parents. I matched it with a picture from Kristen and Taylor so it kinda looks like they were in one photoshoot. It’s the piece of photoshopping I’m most proud of - for an amateur. Here it is
I’m sorry your son was sick. And if I read correctly on fb, you seem to have it as well. Hope you’ll feel better soon!Sean
– I definitely agree that career-wise, the ending of The Saga has helped both Kristen and Rob. As I fan of The Saga, I wish they could continue living in the Twilight-bubble forever, haha. But I’m also really excited to see where they’re careers are headed.Sarah
– Naughty? Us? Never! Theehee.
HumpDay can definitely stretch the limitations of a PG-13 forum. Sorry, if you were caught a bit off guard by that. It’s definitely not a rule so please don’t feel like you have to participate on that level. That said, I loved your contributions! That Walk from New Moon is still one of my favourite scenes. Talk about an entrance
Have you finished your re-read of The Saga yet? I just recently re-read Twilight, but had to take a break before I started New Moon so I could read Lynne’s novel. I’m planning on reading the Beautiful Creatures series next and then go back to New Moon. I definitely have enough to do this summer, haha.Kristina
– Great to see you here! Hope you’re doing wonderful and that you can come back soon!Susan
– And, did the website have the episode you were looking for? I’ll definitely check out Levidia if I’m ever in need, thanks! Your auto-pilot story sounds way too familiar. I can never remember if I’ve locked the car. Pretty irritating, haha.HHHcon
- Oh, I’d love a Dutch HH meeting! October/November is great as long as we stick to the weekends. I also have my own (17th) and my dad’s (7th) birthday to watch out for in October, but I’m sure I can schedule around that. Don’t have any plans yet. It would be fantastic if Susie
(and possibly more people) could make it as well! Count me in!Marielle
– Any word on the date that you’ll get the kittens? I hope the weather stays this nice so you can play outside in the garden with them. What festival are you going to? My mom and I wanted to go to a small festival nearby for the band VOF De Kunst, specifically for their song Suzanne
. lol But when I double checked the dates, I realised they were at the festival the previous week. Susie
– Congratulations on Hubs’ new job!! You must so relieved. Hope he’s doing great. Is it the same kind of job he had previously? Loved your HumpDay contribution! So glad to see people picking up the tradition again.
You caught me on that one, haha. I do adore his many facial expressions, but the furrowed brow look is on the top of my list. It’s like he’s staring straight at you. Or through you for that matter. Like he really sees you for who you are and 100% “gets” you. Like he knows your deepest, darkest secrets and he still thinks you’re an idiot for not thinking you’re a great person. Or maybe I’m just projecting too much Edward-ness onto him. Or too much of my own philosophical musings. And now I’ve definitely put too much thought into a single picture. Jaclyn
– Hi there! Love your enthusiasm! And thanks for the HumpDay pics! The weather over here has been fabulous as well. Don’t you love it when you get that sunny holiday feeling right in the comfort of your own home? Best part is that you don’t have to buy plane tickets or spend money on hotels, haha.
! Always great to see your banner again. Phew, all caught up I think. See you next time!