Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Songbird »

2 more days and I'm on a plane...I'm really trying so hard not to stress, but my friend who said I could stay with her and she would be my transportation has bailed on me. I should have known better than to rely on her as she's a sweetheart but pretty flaky and undependable. Her parents were druggies and they never really raised her and she had to fend for herself, which you would think would make her more responsible, but she just didn't have good role models or anyone to teach her how to act or how to be a good friend, how to think ahead, etc. I can't hold it against her, but it's very frustrating. So I hope our family friend is up for having a house guest a bit longer than planned. Or that I can house hop for a couple nights here and a couple of nights there.
Bug had her friend stay the night last night and they are now happily watching Barbie movies. Tomorrow will be full of laundry and packing. I am SOOOOO glad I started making lists a week or so ago...it's the only thing keeping me from complete panic. At least I know that I should have the packing part covered...at least all the important stuff.
I'm tired...They called a last minute meeting for the choir board last night and it was only supposed to be a short one to dot the "i"s and cross the "t"s, but I didn't get home until 11:20. I am getting a bit frustrated because I feel like we keep discussing the same things over and over and not getting anywhere. We have different committees like music committee, dance committee, party committee, PR committee, and jubileum committee, and each person on the board is a contact person for one committee (I'm party committee) but the committees don't seem to be doing what they are supposed to do...so then we have to go in and light the fire to get them going because we NEED stuff to get done, but we can't make the plans ourselves or else we wouldn't need the committee...we don't want to undermine them. So the PR committee wants to get on the radio to talk about the concert, but they don't want to do it too soon or everyone will forget about it by November. The problem is, if you don't BOOK the radio spot now, someone else will and we'll have exactly zero advertising for our concert. Same with newspapers, etc. So we keep having these meetings in which we discuss what we want to do, and everything is "The PR committee will do that later." or "That's not up to us...we'll have to talk to the dance committee about that." and then the next meeting we hear that those committees haven't made any progress because they want to wait for this or that. But we can't just make the decisions ourselves without overstepping our own power. And I don't understand why we had to have an unexpected meeting last night when I don't think we accomplished anything more than keeping me from getting a good night's sleep. And now I have 3 kids for the day, one of whom has ADHD and Autism and is really active and kind of demands full time supervision.

Lynne, I saw the picture of you with the Eagle...beautiful, but wow he was big...I bet that was HEAVY!!
I wouldn't worry too much about the pre-orders of the Crown at this point, anyway...you still have some time before the release. One of my friends just asked me last week about The Heir and I gave her the link to both The Crown where she can order both, and to the Amazon page for just The Heir in case she wants to order that first. That's great about the book signing, though!!

Sarah, I think I watched Pitch Perfect every day for about 2 weeks, sometimes twice in a day. LOVE that movie. I was pretty sure I needed an intervention. :lol:
Glad the pets are getting along better...my kids still fight every time I leave the room.
Ugh...I hate packing! Good luck with that!

Sean, glad you are feeling better. Nothing worse than having to work when you feel like crap....except maybe being a parent when you feel like crap because then it's work without breaks. But still, not fun!

Marielle, How can Martin not like the name Lily??? Sounds like you've already named her that, though. I was going to say you could always go for a different HP name, like Luna. (2 of my friends have named their cats HP names...Lily and Luna)

Susie, are you relieved or sad that he says he's done after this year? Do you think he means it or does he say this every year?
Actually, no, I meant I want to pick your brain....and Lynne's. I need to know what authors need in someone reading their material before publishing, or looking for an agent, etc. My author friend in Ireland has been having me read her books for a couple of years now and she has said more than once that she should pay me for what I do for her...that other people actually PAY to have their books read by people to see if they work, and what needs to be changed before looking for an agent/publisher. She is encouraging me to start my own business....I'd be able to work from home, make my own hours, etc...but I don't know what anyone besides her needs. I imagine different authors would want different things. So I want to pick brains to see if it's even possible for me to do this....whether authors would want this type of service, how much they would expect to pay for such a service, what services they would want. That way, I know what to offer and how much to charge if I do decide to go ahead with it. Kind of like market research....where's the demand and where can I find a niche in that market, IF I can find one? But I got your message and I'm quite happy to read your book, too and you can feel free to pick my brain! Good practice for me!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today began well--I've only been up for about a hour, but I got quite a bit done. I set up a doctor's appointment, and put some documents in the mail.

I didn't get to use open office last night. I went to sleep because I'm still feeling kinda like crud. I have to believe it's the weather. It changing so much and it raining today probably isn't a help, even if I like the way that the weather is going.

However, I should have plenty of time to work on it tonight. I don't have very many plans on what I want to do tonight and I should be free to work on it. I hope to finish a chapter and maybe start a new one that I've been wanting to work on for a while.

Hopefully the open office stuff will work, because I've never used it before. However, it was free and if it works for what I need it to do, it'll have saved me over $100 tomorrow or Friday.

But that's all I've gotten to so far today. I have a couple of other things I want to do, but the fan fic writing is a priority.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey everybody!

I'm still feeling a little exhausted. Today I need to visit the company who's doing the banner for me to check it out. I also want to visit a coffee shop near us to see if I can have the book launch for The Crown there. I really need to get that booked. I also finished one of the books I was editing for Rochelle yesterday. Now onto the next! I had an enquiry for another one yesterday too, but as yet I haven't heard anything. I'll definitely be taking it on. It will help pay for the banner.

Susie - it's great that Sonny Boy is in Oz. It sounds like great fun. I hope he has a blast. I'm glad you had a good time on your holiday.

Sarah - I think it's just that it seems so endless. I am so busy, rushing from one thing to another!

Songbird - The eagle weighed four kilos, which is a lot when you're holding your arm out like that. It was a female. Apparently, the females are bigger than the males, which I found surprising. I hope you get things sorted out for your trip. I wish you were coming here. I'm reliable! :D Meetings can be a drag, can't they?
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

I feel like I'm forgetting everything! I have my lists of stuff to pack, stuff that needs to get done before I leave, stuff I want to buy when I'm in the States, books I have (so I don't get stuff I already own) and books I want, a list of all the addresses and phone numbers for the places I'll be staying, people I will be visiting, I have all the gifts for said people, all my travel and identification documents....what am I missing?? I hate this feeling of panic where my heart races and my breathing is accelerated. I'm sure once I'm there, I'll be ok and if I forget something....like a hair dryer or something, I won't be too upset, but just in this moment, I'm feeling like there's something major that I have forgotten to do, or check. I still need to activate my credit card for foreign use, but I have to do that at the bank today. And I already checked my baggage restrictions, etc...I have my passport and left my kids' passports here for my hubby. What more is there??

Lynne, I wish I was going there, too...or that you lived in Wyoming. But our family friend told me I can stay with them as long as necessary, so I have that figured out at least. I'm not real happy about having to impose on them for such a long time, but if it's that or sleep in a park somewhere, and they offered, I'll take it.
How are plans for the book launch? I've got The Heir promotion stuff packed and I will distribute it throughout Wyoming and Colorado.

Sean, it's nice to be productive, isn't it? I've gotten a ton done this morning, but I still have a big long list.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Thanks Songbird! Things are going okay. I have two book signings this month and a meeting at a community group, next month I have a book club meeting, then another one in November. I'll have to find some more, though. *sigh*
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Well, for everyone that says they're super busy, I sure can empathize! Last night we had dinner with my parents and today work just seemed to drag on forever despite only having 3 houses. Tomorrow we have four places to clean and then I'm going out with my best friend for my birthday (it's Sunday)..Saturday I'm going to the renaissance fair with my other best friend..then seeing my parents that night but Sunday should just be for Jason and I :) I'm thinking we may just get dinner and watch movies.

Lynne-so at the same time you're tired, but you still feel like there's a lot to do? It must be hard, having the success weigh on your shoulders! Like launching your own business but harder, I would think!

Song-good luck with the visit! Hope everything works out okay! :)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Pretty good day at work today. I also got some grocheries at Walmart and helped pay a bill. I get my paycheck from work tomorrow, and I have a few more things that I'd like to try and buy and I'll be going out to Sam's Club on Saturday to check out what they have for sale during the non-members sale.

In case some of you haven't heard fro me, I've used the Open Office stuff and because it's worked so far, it'll be a big money saver because I don't have to buy a new version of MS Office for over $100.

I've also felt better today like yesterday and I did get to talk with my friend Tracy at work for a while today. It's been said that happiness is infectious, and she's always happy and giddy at work, so I guess that statement's true.

I don't have much planned for tonight other than looking some stuff up and maybe watching my little brother do something later on tonight. But I guess that's good, because it should allow me more time to sleep since I have a sort of busy couple of days coming up between tomorrow and Saturday.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Fortunately, today's pretty quiet for me. I just have to drive my father to a bookstore, where he is doing his own book signing (the apple didn't fall too far from the tree!) and that's pretty much it. This month will be busy, though, with two book signings and a meeting to go to.

Sarah - it is hard. I hope you get all your cleaning done and that the fair is great fun!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Pretty good day today. It was pretty productive at least. Good day at work, got some stuff at the library I've been wanting, paid down most of a library fee, talked to a friend who still works there (who I'll be trying to talk to during the weekend), got groceries, and have a new laptop desk.

I'll be going to Sam's Club tomorrow to check out what they have for sale after my brother and I get some stuff to eat at Golden Corral. Taking advantage of the fact that I have quite a bit of money left over from today, and that the taxi service will be saving me some money, too.

I probably won't work on fan fic tonight, but I have plans to do so tomorrow/tomorrow night. I'll mostly be resting up for tomorrow and such. Only hitches for today was that my paycheck was late arriving to work, and I didn't feel well most of the day. Aside from that, everything went well.

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I got back from Sam's Club, and I'm considering getting a membership soon, possibly as soon as I get my next pay check. All kinds of stuff there that looked pretty good and it's a bulk store. That means no shortage of chicken or pork chops or anything like that for me once that happens The only things I bought today, though, were some lemon pepper and grilled chicken seasonings, but there's a lot of stuff there that I'll be looking at once I get my membership.

I also went to the regular Walmart and got some canned chicken and some canned chicken noodle soup mix that you add chicken to. That'll be dinner for tonight.

I have plans to be writing fan fic tonight as well as reading my library books. So everything's been going pretty good today