Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Just got done with the road racing programming for today, with more tomorrow (ALMS at Road America and NASCAR at Watkins Glen). My parents will be out tomorrow, and hopefully I can show mom Lia's new video. Outside of that, I haven't been up to too much.

But I do have some plans. After looking up some of my stuff on here, I plan on making a pork chop dinner again, getting some stuff done on my VG stuff, and planning on what I'm gonna do next week. I'd like to go on a marathon of looking up some Audi stuff starting next week, but Sunday night nor Monday night won't be good, so I'll get a start on that Tuesday night probably.

After I get done with the VG stuff, I'm gonna start on finishing up chapter 10 of my current fan fic. Then I'll try and get started on having other chapters of my fan fic beta'd soon, too.

So I have some plans. At least tonight will be a good night to do that stuff, since there seems to be not much on tonight as it is.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

We're having some issues here. Dad is not wanting me to come out to the house. The friend who takes care of his cattle and horses nearly got himself killed a few weeks back. He was taking care of his own horses and one of the mares kicked him in the face. He was knocked out for a while and he managed to get himself home, which is just down the road, once he came to, but he had a concussion, broken cheekbones, a smashed nose, broken brow bone, 2 broken teeth, etc. They did surgery to reconstruct the bones in his face, but he's out of commission right now, so I'm one ally down. But dad is making all sorts of plans and it seems like he's trying to keep me away from the house. He's also REALLY slow and stairs are a real issue for him, which makes me worry a bit more about him falling out there all by himself. But his mind doesn't seem to be as deteriorated as I was expecting. He has poor short term memory now....he apparently forgot to mention that he wanted to take me to state fair this week and is expecting us to go. But he still remembers the history of every person who ever homesteaded in this county. So I don't think I need to force him to move just yet, but I'm hoping to get him to maybe look at a few assisted living places so he has an idea of where he'd like to live when he gets to the point that he can't live on his own. Wish me luck!

Lynne, yes, the bar makes T-shirts with the slogan on them. Hubs bought one at one time. That's also the Karaoke bar there, and it sounds like my brother runs that.
How did the book signing go?

Sean, what does your mom think of Lia? It doesn't seem like music most of our parents would be interested in.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey everyone!

Unfortunately, I only sold one copy at the book signing. Most of the people they had in there that day were families (they had face painting and storybook reading going on). They have invited me back in September when they are having two romance authors there. I'm jealous of them. They are locals, but both were signed with big companies, so have a lot of advertising power behind them. Hopefully, my book can get a bit of interest from the crowd which I'm sure will gather for them.

I am starting to feel very worn out. Rochelle has sent me another book this morning that she wants me to edit for her, just when I was hoping to have a few days to catch up on things. It's longer than the other two were. I don't even feel like looking at it.

Songbird - I hope you get things sorted out with your dad.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Okay I have about five minutes to post before I need to get ready for dinner since we're going out with Jason's cousins to celebrate my birthday but first they're stopping by the new house since we live closer to both of them now, which is nice but it totally stresses me out since I'm not nearly as set up as I'd like to be..but it's life, we've barely been here 24 hours and I'm down to have a half dozen boxes I need to sort through and organize..at least out in the living room. The second bedroom is full of boxes of books though!

Lynne-sorry you're sounding so discouraged :/ I wish there was something I could do to help you!

Song-can't you just go out to your Dad's anyway? That's awful that one of the horses did such damage! How scary!

Where is everyone?
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Now that Speed Center and Wind Tunnel have had their finales for the foreseeable future, my Sunday nights are gonna be opened up a bit as far as what I do to pass the time with motorsports shows. As in unless NASCAR and sportscar stuff (both of which will be covered by Fox Sports) feature prominently on Fox Sport's version of Sportscenter, I might not be watching too much on Sunday night from now on.

I did make it though watching the NASCAR and ALMS race this afternoon, and because once again I didn't get to it last night, I do plan on working on my fan fic later on tonight after I get a few things done. After I get that all done, I'll probably be going to bed to start of my four days in a row of work. At least that leads to a three day weekend.

That's about all I have for now, though, and I have a few things to work on for right now.

Songbird: You have to remember that I'm maybe about 10 years younger than you are, though my mom might be the same age as yours (?). But my mom likes Lia, though she always says that Lia would look better without her piercings and tattoos and such (I'm indifferent as far as it being Lia's body and money, though I do think that she looked a little bit better without all of that stuff).

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a OK day at work. Didn't do too much because I had to go over a few things with a supervisor/assistant that will be forwarded as ideas to my main supervisor. There's been a lot of personnel shake-ups at work over the past few months, and I was getting really frustrated with that and not knowing where to refer people to when they call and some of it has to do with the shift that I work too (I usually cover lunches, so people are constantly in and out of the building). All of that can be frustrating, though hopefully some of that will get fixed soon.

Other than that, I have Top Gear on tonight (which Marielle probably has already seen, at least in part since Mark Webber was on when it aired in the UK/EU last week), and if I'm in the mood after it goes off, I'll try and work on some fan fic before bedtime.

But other than that, I haven't been up to too much so far today.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I have a slightly quieter day today, but I'm still looking for more ways to promote my book. It's an uphill battle sometimes ...
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Tornado wrote:Morning all!

I have a slightly quieter day today, but I'm still looking for more ways to promote my book. It's an uphill battle sometimes ...
Don't lose heart! You can do it :)
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi all! Tomorrow we're heading to the State Fair. It's only about 80 miles, so not bad at all. We used to go every summer since it was so close. Dad wants to look at a stalion about 5 miles outside of Douglas, which is where the state fair is. That's why he wants to go to the state fair.

He's actually not as bad as I feared. His longterm memory is as good as it ever was...we got the entire history of the town of Spearfish, South Dakota the other night at dinner....I spent a day with my friend Melissa who lives there, and Nelson's daughter goes to college there. So we heard about the earliest homesteaders there, and the gold rush, etc. His short term memory is not as good, but he's still living in the present, so I don't think we're at a point where we need to FORCE him yet, but I'm hoping to get him convinced to move at least within 3 years when his lease is up. Tim getting kicked in the head is a good example of what can happen. Apparently he was on my dad's ranch when it happened, but it was one of Tim's horses that kicked him...but he drove the 20 miles from the ranch to Wright by himself after he came to. He had surgery to reconstruct the whole side of his face, but he's still having problems with his vision that they are worried about. And yet the man got in his truck and drove to South Dakota (probably around 150 miles) this weekend by himself....which doesn't help my cause, because dad says he'd do the same thing if it were him. It wouldn't bother him a bit to drive 150 miles with poor vision.
But we got bank stuff done today and we have an appointment with the lawyer to draw up a new will on Friday afternoon. I have my niece's baptism on Friday morning, then will have to go to Gillette to meet with the lawyer. I also asked him if he wanted to go see some facilities so IF he starts to feel like he can't handle being alone on the ranch anymore, that he knows where he wants to go, and he said that we'd have to talk to Tim and Jackie. So that's what's going on here.

Lynne
, I'm sorry you only sold one book, but maybe you'll have better luck when the other 2 are there...take advantage of the crowds! I left a stack of the fliers for The Heir at the library while I was at the book sale today, and Suann said she would try to get Patti to order it for the library.

Sean, well, I doubt your mom is as old as mine was. My mom would have just turned 75 if she were alive. But I was referring not so much to Lia's appearance, but her style of music. Even I am not a fan...it's too screamy for my taste, and my mother wouldn't have been able to listen to 5 seconds without turning it off. It just doesn't strike me as the kind of music someone in your mother's generation would enjoy.

Sarah, how's the new place?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Today is a public holiday here, so we are all going to the Ekka! It's kind of like one of your state fairs. I'm really looking forward to a day of nice treats and watching sheep dog trials, maybe some showjumping and motorcycle tricks! I love the Ekka!

Rochelle sent me a link to a writers' centre that is looking for expressions of interest to do seminars for the public next year. I have put my name down, although I don't know if I have enough experience to qualify. They do pay you for it, so it would be nice if I can get a foot in there.

Songbird - thanks for trying so hard for me. :) I'm glad you're making some progress with your dad.

Sarah - thanks for the encouragement! :)