Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Aside from watching the NASCAR race from Mid-Ohio today, I haven't been up to too much. I can tell you that I probably won't be having breakfast at Golden Corral again any time soon. It wasn't bad, but I'd def. rather make my own stuff at home. Their lunch/dinner buffet is the ticket there.

So I've spent most of the time today asleep because of not feeling well. And now I'm having an issue with my laptop. For some reason, Firefox has randomly decided to stop saving my sessions, and it's been doing that since Windows updated this morning. For me, it's a real pain in the Why are we talking about a donkey? to have to go though and open up all of those tabs and windows again, even using the Firefox home page's own history thing where I can open up said tabs and windows as they were. I'll try and ask my brother about it when he gets up later.

I'll try and work on fan fic tomorrow probably. I have a few things that I'd like to do tonight and work on some stuff. If I'm in the mood and I have time, I'll try and work on it tonight, but I might have to work on fan fic tomorrow.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I think I got some stuff sorted out with the laptop--I have to go to Firefox's home page and then it'll let me reload my last session if I do that. Still a bit annoying, but it's not the big piss-off I had to go though last night.

I didn't get a ton of sleep this morning, but I did last night so I'll be up for a while. I'll be having plenty of time today to work on stuff should I choose to do so, so I should be able to look up some stuff and get a bit caught up on that and also work on fan fic--and have time to get to sleep early since I do have work on Monday.

I'm also gonna ask someone who is supposed to be helping me with organizing a gathering about it today. I might not get an answer today, or even very soon (she's on vacation from work this week, though I don't know what that would entail, whether it's just from work or she's traveling), but I'll drop a line to ask about what she might have in mind.

Oh, and I wanted to post some stuff yesterday and forgot about it. I'm not a huge video game fanatic, but I do play some often. And it gave me some ideas, namely on Twilight VGs that I'd like if they were ever able to get made.

1--A Twilight themed World War II game.

2--A game in the vein of Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport based on Twilight.

3--A RPG or puzzle/strategy gamed based on Twilight.

I also have another game, but since it's not really Twilight related, I won't post it here unless someone really wants to know what it is.

So that's about all I have for not. I'll be working on fan fic and will probably have looked up most of my stuff by evening, and not having Wind Tunnel on tonight and maybe only a brief period that I'll be watching a Fox Sports highlights show, my evening's pretty open.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Sean - a Twilight themed World War II game? How do you think that would work?
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Tornado wrote:I don't know if you saw it on Facebook, but I sold 10 copies at the book signing yesterday, so I was really pleased with that. My father was impressed. He worked in bookstores for about 20 years, and he said it was very rare for any kind of author to sell that many at a signing. I hope it means good things for the future. I think it will help also, when I go to other bookstores to ask if I can do a signing, to tell them that and hope that they will agree to it. Hopefully, it might work.
Wow, I hadn't heard that :) Yay!!!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Lynne: There's the Volturi, who we all know were in the area during both World Wars. I do wonder what they were up to back then...

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Boy it's going to be one LONG week. Hubs arrives tomorrow, so we're making the 6 hour drive to the airport to pick him up tomorrow, and then another 6 hours back. Tuesday morning my brother is bringing my niece here so everyone in our hometown can meet her, if they so desire. Then dad and hubs and I will go into Gillette to go through paperwork and see if we can't find the legal documents we need for his will, which we will have to give to the lawyer and then we have the next meeting with the lawyer on Wednesday, before which we are meeting my cousins for lunch. Thursday, we'll be doing whatever hasn't been done, and then we will take the people we are staying with out to dinner, with dad, to celebrate his 80th birthday a bit late. Then Friday we drive back down to my brother's house. I'm exhausted just writing that all out!!
Dad's driving is TERRIBLE...I'm going to have to contact social services to see what we can do. Because he lives on a ranch all by himself, he HAS to have transportation to get groceries, go to doctor's appointments, etc...but he really should NOT be driving. He drives WAY too slowly to be considered safe, doesn't wear his seatbelt, even though it's the law, he doesn't use turn signals, he will come to almost a complete stop before turning when he's still in the main lane, rather than the turning lane, he will drive right down the middle of 2 lanes, or not even in a driving lane, but a series of turning lanes, he nearly turned into oncoming traffic because he didn't see the massive partition dividing the 2 directions of traffic. It's scary! Hubs wants to take over the driving when he gets here, but dad is not receptive, so I think we may be borrowing a car from the people we are staying with, just so that we don't have to ride with dad. If he were to be seen by police, there's no doubt in my mind that his license would be confiscated, and then he'd be up a creek because he HAS to be able to drive to live on that ranch.
So that's what's going on here...one more week here, and I'm still no closer to getting him to agree to move or even consider moving in the future. He apparently told my cousin that he was born on that ranch and he is going to DIE there.

Lynne- That is so great that you sold so many copies! I sold at least one pre-order I think for both books today. My librarian friend borrowed The Heir from me and loved it, and as soon as she finished the last page, she went straight to her daughter's bedroom and told her she had to read it...she's on page 25 and really liking it so far. So she is going to try to get the library to order it, she wants a copy for herself, and she said if she had it longer, she'd lend it out to everyone she knows. So she's going to help getting the word out here! Yay!

Sean, hope you get firefox sorted!!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Good to see you, Song :) Like hearing the update...sorry your Dad isn't doing well! That sounds like scary driving!!

Lynne-hope everything goes okay with the book! You're a definite inspiration to keep going and persevere!

There's not much going on with me, just busy with work and trying to get the house set up :)
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey everyone!

I went to two more bookstores today to see if they would have me in for book signings. No go. I'm tossing up whether I try two more today or just leave it. It probably depends on how busy I am today.

Sean - good point.

Sarah - yes, I'll keep plugging on for as long as possible.

Songbird - yes, I think you need to do something about your dad's driving. That doesn't sound safe. It's hard when parents get that old, isn't it? Thanks for being such a champion for my book! :)
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Tornado wrote:Hey everyone!

I went to two more bookstores today to see if they would have me in for book signings. No go. I'm tossing up whether I try two more today or just leave it. It probably depends on how busy I am today.

Sean - good point.

Sarah - yes, I'll keep plugging on for as long as possible.

Songbird - yes, I think you need to do something about your dad's driving. That doesn't sound safe. It's hard when parents get that old, isn't it? Thanks for being such a champion for my book! :)

Are there other people helping you market or is it just you?
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I just got done watching Top Gear's on version of the World's Worst Car Ever (their verdict was the Lexus SC430). I had a good day at work, but I'm not feeling so well right now.

I have a few things to look up and then I'll probably be off to bed since I have work again tomorrow.

Other than that, I haven't been up to too much over the past day or so. Just not feeling so hot right now.