Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's Sunday here, and today should be relaxing. Yesterday was a bit work-heavy. We're getting new carpet laid soon, and since we're also planning to paint the interior we thought we'd better paint the skirting boards before the new carpet went down. So we spent yesterday cutting the old carpet back from the walls so it doesn't stick to the fresh paint and pull it off when it's removed, then we undercoated the skirting boards. We only got just over half the house done, and we have four more weekends to complete the job before the new carpet goes down. It's been quite hard work!

Sarah - I'm glad you enjoyed your game!

Sean - reading is always good.

Songbird - I hope you've enjoyed your holiday.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Not much happening today. No races, no big plans...I'm going to take advantage.

I have some serious plans as far as looking stuff up, gaming, fan fiction, and possibly dinner, too. And on a day where I don't have much to do, why not take advantage of that?

Only downside, it's gonna be warm and humid today, and most of next week. That's gonna suck, though I'll be spending a lot of time around a fan or an AC unit.

Only major thing that I'll be doing today before the evening is waiting for my parents to show up. I have a few things to show my mom, but aside from that, I don't have a ton to do before evening. After I look my stuff up, I'm going to dedicate this evening mostly to some gaming, looking up some Audi stuff, and fan fic. I'll also be researching some items for my fan fic as well. Some Twilight stuff for some extra things I can incorporate into my story, but mostly World War II related stuff, such as vintage aircraft and fortifications and the like. That'll also be useful for another Twilight fan fic I have planed, if I ever get around to it, about Volterra in World War II.

So that's what I have planned right now.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Wow! It is quiet in here!

I've got a quiet day today, although I do have an editing job I need to work on. I've also got to think of something to say tomorrow night, when I have been invited to speak at a neighbourhood community meeting. Because there's an election coming up, and they're having a few candidates there, there should be a good crowd, so I'm hoping I can sell a few copies!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hello there!!

Sorry I've been MIA for so long, but things got crazy once my daughter came home from Argentina. In between two weekends of circus show,s we had a big welcome home party for her on a weeknight. I had to do a lot of cleaning and cooking for that.One of her friends has moved to Wisconsin, so she drove across the state just for the party and stayed with us a couple of days.

Then after the run of 17 circus shows, we went on a quick 3 day trip to the North Shore of Lake Superior and then when we got back, Sonny Boy started his job at the Space Tower at the State Fair.

Since I need the car every day, I drive him to the fair and then pick him up later. Luckily it's only a 20 minute drive. He's working 10 out of the 12 days of the fair. The Fair ends on Labor Day and the next day he'll move into his dorm for his Junior year and classes start Wednesday. I start back to school also that day with meetings and classes start the next week on Monday, September 9.

I'm sorry I don't know if I can catch up to all you've been talking about. I do know that Lynne has been busy marketing her book and has recently sold 10 copies at a signing; Sarah has been busy getting settled into her new house; Susan has been in the U.S. dealing with making arrangements for her father's care; and Sean has been working at his job, gaming, and watching his favorite shows. I guess Marielle doesn't come around the Lex anymore.

I'll try to stop by more often after Sonny Boy goes back to school next week!

Have a great week and weekend, Everyone!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hi Susie!!! Good to see you :)

Sounds like you've been busy, but good :) How'd the last circus shows go? Is your daughter home for good now?

I've been busily settling into the new house like you said and reading lots..I'm officially obsessed with Divergent. Highly recommend the series!!

Took the cat to the vet..she's got kitty ezcema but it should be cleared up soon, I hope. Poor girl has been itching her fur off, so sad.

Lynne-Good luck figuring out what to say..I can't think of anything for you, though I just briefly tried :P
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a good day at work. But it was pretty hot and humid today, and, as a result, I naturally don't feel good. It's still pretty humid outside now, though with it being dark and breezy, it doesn't feel too bad, though it feels and looks like it'll storm soon. But this weather still sucks. Why can't it be fall or spring year around?

I don't have a lot planned for tonight. Mostly finish looking up some Audi photos and and other items before I call it a night. Watch the Top Gear Festival Special, and wasn't really that impressed, so I'll be passing on the re-air to try and get some stuff done.

At least tomorrow night I should be free, since I'll hopefully be done with all of that and I don't go into work Wed. It'll still be hot and humid for the foreseeable future, though. Thank god for AC at work and at home.

I feel an odd compulsion to buy the Doir cologne that Rob's endorsing. I normally don't put much stock into celeb endorsements, but I feel intrigued by this stuff, as in how good is it, and does it measure up to the man that's endorsing it. I guess if it's good enough for Rob, it's gotta be pretty good--he wouldn't endorse crap, after all, and he does have some pretty good tastes.

Only problems: I believe that they still don't sell it in North America (hopefully that'll change soon), and then there's price. I fear that I probably wouldn't be able to afford it. It's Dior, after all.

But I feel an some compulsion to buy it, just to give it a try. If Rob thinks it's good, I don't think I'm in a position to question him. That, and, hopefully I'll be going out and meeting new friends and I mostly work with women at work, and when I'm there, I'm often the first person that visitors see when the come into the lobby. I'm not a fashionable guy by any means, but I do like to be at least presentable and respectable looking in public.

Now that I got that out of the way, I do have to say that things have been great aside from the crap weather. With that, if I had the Dior cologne, I'd definitely be using it just on account of that...

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm working for our business this morning and this afternoon I'm going to try and think of what to say tonight! I hope I sell lots and lots of books! I did sell another of my own copies to a friend yesterday, so that was nice. Of the 100 copies I bought I've sold 44 and given away 7, so I'm at the halfway mark now. I did another giveaway of one copy on Goodreads, and 1040 people entered!

Glad to see you back, Susie! Thanks for the good wishes, Sarah! :)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Another good day at work, and another day in the blast furnace that is now Ohio. It's even warmer in Minnesota where Susie is. Even now at midnight, you can go out and it still feels insanely warm.

I also swear that I'm gonna have my brother or myself call CenturyLink and see if they can go out on the highway by my house to fix the phone line that the idiots who worked on some drain culverts out there cut while digging. This guys also screwed stuff up out where I live when they replaced a bridge. These guys are clearly not professionals, and neither are CenturyLink, either. But I'm tired of my internet randomly going out and having to screw with the troubleshooter or the router to get it back working right.

Anyways, I don't have too many plans tonight. I slept in after work, and I originally wanted to make a fried chicken/mashed potato dinner, but that'll probably get pushed back to tomorrow. I do plan on working on fan fiction tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully I can get my current chapter done and start a new one.

But aside from that, I don't have too many plans. Kinda wanna keep cool and rested. I really need to be trying to get more, uninterrupted sleep. I though that this morning that I saw my grandma go into the living room while I was laying in bed, I wondered if I saw what I saw. Thankfully, when I got ready for work, she was watching TV in the living room. Between sleep and the weather, I was in a fog most of today.

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi everyone! I'm home now and trying to get back on Dutch time. I'll check in later when I have more time and energy!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Last night went really well. When I got there, I felt a bit lost at first. I couldn't find the guy who invited me and didn't know where I was supposed to set up. Eventually it was sorted, and we managed to get my laptop hooked up to play the first trailer of The Heir. Then my banner wouldn't stand up straight and spent all night looking bent and horrible. But in spite of that, people seemed to listen when I was talking and I sold ten copies of The Heir and took 3 pre-orders for The Crown. So, all in all, it was a pretty good night.