Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a pretty good day at work, though it was much longer than expected. I had to fill in for someone at the last minute, so instead of working from 12-2, I worked from 12-4. Still, that's extra money at the end of the pay cycle, about $15 worth of extra money.

Two things that I have to say. First, of all, I saw some Bel Ami last night. And I have to say that I stick by my guns on that one. It's like the saying "hate the game, don't hate the player." I can't dislike Rob for portraying Duroy in that movie, since he did do a pretty good job at it. But I still heartily dislike the character, and I'm pretty sure that Rob did/does, too. I like the job that Rob did, but Duroy is a serious douchebag, and I can't see him and Rob being in the same room without Rob wanting to throwdown on him. And, naturally, I say more power to Rob if that were the case ;)

I sort of wonder what would happen with Rob, Duroy, and a de Havilland Mosquito, one of which is now airworthy, and more on the way in the next couple of years. Maybe a VIP ride for Duroy in the bomb bay? Or, if Bel Ami was set in WWII, and Rob was a RAF Fighter Command pilot (an ideal role for him in a future film, BTW), maybe taking Duroy out on a fighter training missing in a Mosquito trainer. After all, the DH Mosquito could out run and out maneuver many of the single seat fighters it fought against. The Mosquito suits Rob anyways--elegant, rugged, purposeful, can "go anywhere and do anything". A good match in my book.

Speaking of books, I hoped that one of those I ordered would get here early today. But it didn't, though it should be here for sure tomorrow. It's already at the post office in town, so it should be here tomorrow afternoon when I get off work. The other one should be here within about a week or so.

I haven't heard much about my outing, so I'm sort of doubtful that it'll happen this week unless it gets set up for Friday or this weekend.

At least I found out that my friend/coworker Tracy will be getting a pretty good birthday present, though it'll be a day late actually. She's getting married weekend after next, and her birthday is the day before. So I wonder, will she be getting two cakes, or just save it for wedding day?

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Well, I got lost driving to the book club meeting last night, even with the GPS. There was a game on a Suncorp Stadium, so traffic was a atrocious, and I think I broke a few laws trying to get back on track after I took a wrong turn. But after I got there, it was great, and I sold five copies.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi all! I am finally getting back into the swing of things. I am really not liking how busy September is though. Because we have such a short time until my choir's concert, we have board meetings half an hour before rehearsal each week, plus our regular monthly meetings which go REALLY late and we have dance rehearsals and rehearsals with the live band nearly every weekend. My work is starting up Monday evening shifts again, so I'm going to work at least the next 2, and I'll have to go directly from MM's swimming lesson and bring sandwiches with me for dinner, then I have the Parent Advisary Board meeting next week....maybe it's more like booster club, information evening for school on the 19th, which is inconvenient because it appears that I have to be in both my kids' classes at the same time so I'm going to have to go to one and hubs to the other, but it's late in the evening and kids can't come, so I have to have my in-laws babysit. And because the swimming pool closed down to renovate at the end of May, they are doing make-up lessons in September, so the kids each have 2 lessons per week instead of one. I feel a bit overwhelmed already...how did I keep up with everything when I was in high school??

Lynne, glad you sold a few books! Why is it so hard to get a book signing? Is it a lot of work for the bookstore? It doesn't seem like it would take much for them to set up a table for you, and wouldn't it also bring in more customers? I hope you get more soon!

Sarah, how far away does your sister live? How long has it been since you've seen her? Have a great time! I hope you get everything unpacked!

Sean
, nice to get a couple of extra bucks from working a longer shift, isn't it? Hope your book came in!

Susie, what is daughter dear doing now that she's back from Argentina? Is she still at home? I bet it is different having her home rather than sonny boy! I am so sorry I didn't get to talk to you again while I was in the states! It was so nice to get to talk to you that one time, though!

Has Marielle given up on us now?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

If it seems that I'm early today, it's because I was slept in yesterday. I had a good day at work, but I was a bundle of aches and pains. So after I got my package yesterday and read the book that was in it for a while, I went to sleep, and I just didn't feel like getting up until about a half hour ago.

At least I don't have the aches and pains anymore, so that sleep was probably needed.

So right now I'm trying to catch up on a few things that I didn't do last night and get a good start on today. By about 10:30 this morning, I'll be offline until sometime later tonight. I'll probably take a bit of a nap after work so I can watch the NASCAR race and F1 practice tonight. And of course, do the other things that I'd like to get a start on this weekend.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's federal election day here today, so we'll have to go up and vote later (whoopee). I still don't know who I'm going to vote for. I don't like any of them. We'll also be doing some more painting today, as we get our skirting boards done before the new carpet goes down in a few weeks.

Songbird - it's not that much work for them. Basically, they just have to buy some of my books for their shop and set up a table for me to sit at on the day. Some of them like to advertise that you're going to be there, but most don't bother with that. I think it's more that they're worried they'll get stuck with a book that is poor quality. There are so many poor books out there now because self-publishing is so prevalent, and they'll cop the flack if they sell a book that is sub-standard. Many will only take well known authors for signings, or authors signed with big publishers.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

My sister and my niece (she's 3 and a cutie) fly in tomorrow and stay until next Thursday. They live California and I haven't seen her in a while..I think it was in December when they came for my Mom's 50th birthday. We're going to the state fair next week which will be fun :) Football starts this weekend too so I suspect I'll be seeing a lot of it!

Hey Song, nice to see ya! Sounds like you're going to be busy!!

Lynne-did I tell you've inspired me to start writing again? It's slow, but coming bit by bit. First time in years :)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a good day at work, not a busy day, but I guess that was fine considering that I still have a few aches and pains from yesterday.

The next about 15 hours of so are going to suck big time. I have to fast for blood work again--I only found out a few hours ago that I'm going to the hospital for it. So that means that I can't have anything to eat for sure after 9:00-9:30 tonight. At least I'll be expecting to sleep for much of that time.

I'm watching/keeping tabs on the NASCAR race right now and I'll be watching F1 practice when it comes on at 12:30 tonight. Then after that I'll be playing some VG stuff before I head off to bed. I do plan on working on fan fic this weekend.

I've also been keeping tabs on my other book I ordered from Amazon.com. It should be here Tuesday, but I'll keep checking it using it's tracking number.

At least once I get done with the blood work and not worry about if for 3 months and after I get done with the doctor's appointment when I get it set up, I'll be done with that for 3 months, and hopefully with some better diabetes meds, too.

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

I won a $50 Amazon giftcard and I'm so excited because I NEVER win stuff, but now I have a dilemma of what books to buy with it! My wish list is over 4 typed pages, and $50 won't get me THAT far. So I was thinking that there are several series that I'd love to read, and I think now's the time to get one because I can buy the whole series at once and not have to wait until I have more money to buy the next one, whereas if I buy a whole bunch of single books now, then when I decide to buy a series, I have to buy one at a time and can't read them all right away. But it is SOOOO hard to choose which one when there are SO many great ones out there!

Lynne, I didn't realize the bookstore had to buy any copies themselves. I figured it would just be giving you space, but then I guess if they do that, it DOES look like they are promoting it. Can you give a single copy to the management to read so they know what they are promoting?

Sarah, it's nice to be back! I had so little time in the states to get online at all and when I did, it was mostly just to check my emails, so I never made it here.
Have fun with your family! State fair is always fun!

Sean, fasting is no fun!! And I hate having blood drawn. At least it will be all over soon!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We have a new federal government and a new prime minister. As I don't trust any politician as far as I can throw them, I am anticipating that it won't be long before they do something everybody hates, but then, that's the same for any political party I've ever seen. *sigh*

At least today we have a relatively quiet day. We'll be going to my in-laws' for dinner. That will be nice.

Sarah - good on you! I'm glad to hear you're writing again. I'm thinking of starting another fanfiction myself. What are you working on?

Songbird - Lucky you! Just think of all the books you can buy with that. I don't think a lot of bookstores have time to read copies of the books. One did ask for a copy to see if they were interested ... and I haven't heard from them since, even though I've tried to email them. It was a romance bookstore, so maybe my book wasn't smutty enough!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Well, I had my blood work done this morning, and I'm glad to get that out of the way. Only negative point was the the hospital was on the side of Shelby that has no restaurants or anything like that. So I had to settle for picking up some sugar cookies that were like trying to chew though steel with the icing on them.

Aside from that, my day's been uneventful. I'd like to try a pizza tonight, possibly during watching the NASCAR race. I have plans for playing some VG stuff and trying to get up in time to talk to my mom tomorrow morning, since she has to get here early to drop off groceries. Not feeling insanely good right now, but better than I have been most of this week.

I'll message a friend later on and ask about the outing that I'd like to go on next week. I have a couple of suggestions for plans.

Aside from that, I haven't been up to too much so far. I also have plans for fan fic and other items tonight if I have time, too.