Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm working for our business today, then I have to go and talk at a book club. I'm hoping I sell a few copies, as I understand my audience at this event will be slightly older and they might think they have no chance of enjoying a YA sci-fi novel. I shall try and convince them otherwise, but failing that, hopefully they'll have grandkids who would like it for Christmas!

Sarah - yes, I know all about the Outback Steakhouse. My sister-in-law is an Aussie who lives over there with her American husband, and she's told me about it. Yes, the food is nothing like true Australian fare. :) Yes, I know about Hot Topic. I don't think we have it over here, but we have plenty of similar stores. I'm glad you liked my rewrite. Feel free to share it amongst any equally disappointed friends you have. I really wish VR had gone that way.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry for not writing yesterday, but by the time i wanted to get back online, I was tired, went to sleep, and didn't wake up until just a while ago.

I was planning on going on an outing, but the person I was to go out with messaged me on FB when I shut my laptop off while I was getting ready and I never received a phone call. So the outing didn't happen. So now I have to hope to do this next week.

Other than that, yesterday was kinda boring and frustrating. Also, because of me getting so tired, I now have to catch up om some stuff later today.

I hope to go out with my brother today to get some stuff or at least look at some stuff. I do get paid this week so I hope to be able to get my check on Friday, too.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but this is something that I enjoy watching when they get posted on You Tube: Audi Sport highlights of the WEC events, this one being the last race at Shanghai:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9QvFzevTAU

I hope that everyone who watches it enjoys it. Other than that, I'm waiting on dinner to show up--I asked for my brothers to pick me up something while they were out, and, well, they're still out. I have to figure out what I want to do the rest of tonight, though, but I am getting caught up on some stuff that I missed doing last night.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Looks like it's just you and me, Sean!

I spoke at a book club on Monday. There were only three people there, but I still sold seven copies, so it was worth going! Unfortunately, I got caught in a storm coming home and had to drive in very heavy, thrashing rain. At least it didn't hail.

Today I'm working for Rochelle, then I have and event at a bookstore tonight. It's going to be a busy day!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Additional note: The FIA WEC's site also has some videos, such as one on the cockpit of the R18.

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I'm around, just lurking :) I've been re-reading Ender's Game, so I was caught up in that yesterday!

My life has been quiet lately, I'm just busily preparing for Jason's birthday which is next week and making sure I have the ingredients for the desserts I'm making for Thanksgiving. I've been working tons, so I hit the mall today and bought him a book.I went to Hot Topic today to exchange my shirts (I bought the wrong size, too big!) and all the Catching Fire stuff was buy one, get one for a dollar...after Jason had bought me one CF shirt and a Disney shirt (it says Keep Calm and Hakuna Matata)..I hate missing sales! But how much fan girl stuff do I need, really? :P

Lynne-Ah, okay :) I didn't want to confuse you! Glad you sold a lot at the book club talk, but sorry there was only a few people there.

Where's Song hiding at?
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi! Sorry...it's been a few days since I've had a chance to come in here. My in-laws came back from vacation last week and the kids hadn't seen them in about 3 weeks, so we went there this weekend to watch the Sinterklaas arrival.
Monday was parent teacher conference day, which is always great. It's nice to hear what the kids are doing and such. Bug's teacher said she's really fun to have in class because she's bright and obviously enjoys learning, no matter the subject, and she's always happy and friendly with everyone. She's doing really well, though they don't do testing until January or so, so there was nothing concrete, but just the teacher's impression and she said Bug does her work well. The only thing we wanted to let her know is that Bug is a perfectionist and will make herself sick worrying about making a mistake. Like...they did a spelling test a couple of weeks ago and she came out super excited that she hadn't made any mistakes because she said they had to write each word they misspelled 20 times. I asked the teacher about that and she said that was just a joke to get the kids to check their work...they don't REALLY have to rewrite them. Bug just took it literally and was really worried about it.
MM's teachers said he's really smart and they are giving him the extra reading material and think he needs advanced math material, too. He isn't very good at writing, but he's the youngest in his class and they think that his level is consistent with his age. He's behind socially/emotionally, but they also see improvement from the beginning of the year, which is good. So really good reports and no major problems. YAY!!
Last night was our first choir rehearsal since our concert. We're working on a Christmas piece we started 2 years ago and never finished and never worked on last year. Our director wants me to solo on it, but I am not sure I want to. But I think I agreed to it...he kind of tricked me.

Lynne
, I'm so glad that the book signing went well! Good job!! And you sold seven books to 3 people at the book club? That's great!!

Sarah, The Outback is great! You know they have excellent carrot cake, right? We went there a few years ago when we were in the states for my brother's wedding and I ordered a dessert trio that had a brownie, cheese cake and carrot cake...that was the best carrot cake I had ever had!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Got done with washing the dishes a few minutes ago and I'm almost done with some of the stuff that I'm working on right now. When one of my brothers gets up, I'll probably be taking a nap for a while and then I'll finish up some stuff after that.

I'll have more to talk about later, but right now, I'm just trying to finish up a few things before I start to get ready to get some sleep, or maybe something to eat.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I'm in a bit of a rush, so I'll just post to say I'm going to see Catching Fire this morning. I'll let you all know how it is.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a pretty decent day today. Now I have some stuff to look up and a pizza to make later. I'll probably be up most of the night, which, though, is pretty much what I wanted.

It'll be decently warm the next couple of days, then it's going to get really friggin' cold, so I'm not happy about that, nor the rain we'll be getting. But this is November, so it is what it is.

So I'll work on finishing up and getting dinner made soon.

Lynne: Hope you enjoy the movie. THG isn't my thing, but people have their own tastes. Hope you'll like it since you seem to be looking forward to it :)