Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Songbird »

Catching Fire was SOOOOOO good! I loved it! And the costuming/makeup was amazing! And the graphics, too. I was SO glad that it mostly followed the book...I only noticed a few little things and they weren't really serious things that they changed really, just stuff they probably didn't have time for. I only wish we had gone to the theater in our town. We took the kids to my in-laws' and then we went to the theater in Arnhem, which is a lot bigger than where we live and they had an earlier showing. But there was a REALLY weird smell...like a sour smell and when we first got there and chose our seats, there were only a few seats already taken, so we chose seats where all the seats around us were empty so we could have somewhere to put our coats and whatnot. By the time the previews started, the theater was close to full and the guy sitting next to me was wearing a musky cologne, which combined with the sour smell was HORRIBLE. Had we been in the theater in our town, it probably wouldn't have been so full. But at least the movie was awesome enough to distract from the smell. And it cracked me up that the people sitting next to hubs apparently didn't know it was a series, so at the end, they are just confused and the guy said "Well THAT was a dumb way to end a movie!" How anyone could have missed that it was part of a series is beyond me...it's been in all the trailers and the books have been hugely popular. But they must have missed the memo.

Sarah, I LOVE Despicable Me! So fun! Have you seen all the little short films on youtube? Christmas was good other than my nephew being a brat as usual. I really can't stand that kind of behavior, but my BIL wasn't feeling well and was super grouchy, so for once he actually was somewhat more strict with him.

Lynne, they said on the news here that you guys are going to have record heat on New Years! Hope you can stay cool!

Sean, glad your appointment went well.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Slept in last night: went to sleep at about 10:30 and didn't get up until 7:30. So it looks like today is catch up day to a degree. And then it's supposed to get cold again after today. At least I have my turkey loaf to make and I get some money this week on Monday or Tuesday.

So that's what I have for today. After I look up some stuff I'll probably take a break from here, do something else, and get back on here and work on fan fic.

And I have some Rob news: It seems that Queen of the Desert is now in the production stage. I've been waiting for production to start on this one, namely as Rob gets to portray one of the most important icons of 20th century Britain in this one.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's Monday here, and I'm happy to say that we don't have too much on and I'm not going to do anything strenuous. I like days like this, and I think I need a few. I'm even starting to feel the drive to go back to writing my new novel! :) Also, Hubby got me an Amazon gift card for Christmas, so now I can buy books! :) Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Sean
- yes I saw your mention of Queen of the Desert on Facebook. I'm looking forward to this one. Don't think I'll see The Rover. it sounds too violent for me.

Songbird - I'm glad you enjoyed Catching Fire. I thought it was really good too. Maybe that couple just walked into the cinema and picked a movie at random. Yes, we're having a heatwave at the moment. Today is okay, but yesterday was shocking.

Sarah - glad that your Christmas was good! We have tried the breadmaker again, and there were no issues this time. It might have just been something random. Hopefully it won't happen again.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all :) :(

Yesterday we went up into the city and saw Jason's 90 year old grandma. She's a sweet old lady-took us out to lunch even-and it was great to get into Seattle again. I hate the traffic up there so we don't get up there that often. Today was my lazy day, although I did my returns at the mall and some shopping with a few gift cards, but then I watched football all day with Jason :) He's really getting me interested in the sport!

Lynne-just saw your post about your Mum, hope she's okay! That has to be rough, not being able to get around! I'm glad you're getting a few days to rest, I have such a hard time doing that!

Song-oh geeze, annoying people in theaters BUG me to no end. I rarely go to the cinema so I really want to enjoy what I'm seeing and get lost in the story. How good looking was Finnick?! Oh goodness, Sam Clafin popped on screen :D I thought it was amazing, I loved it so much!

I haven't seen all of the mini movies, but what got me interested in the movies is because my Dad loves the minions and kept showing me all the random clips on Youtube. So I ended up finding both movies on sale for him during the holidays which was great because he's usually really hard to shop for!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I didn't get around to eating either thing that I was thinking about last night, but I did do some work on fan fic last night.

Right now, I'm trying to get ready for a run to the bank and the grocery store tomorrow. I know that it's New Year's Eve, but there some stuff I need and tomorrow is the last day that I can get some money, put it on my debit card and pay for a couple of items. Hopefully that all can of off without a hitch.

And on Thursday, we might be getting a snow storm and then it'll be bitterly cold. Weather Channel also says that it'll be even colder one day next week, but other forecasts don't agree.

I will say, much like the past couple of years, it's only been a few days into "official" winter, and I'm already basically sick of it.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey everybody!

Some of you probably saw on Facebook that my mother fell on a set of stairs and has injured her ankle. We thought it might be broken, but fortunately, it's only a torn ligament. Unfornuately, since she's 81,it will probably still take a while to heal. I am now in a hurry to move them out of that house and somewhere a bit flatter, although I can't really do it until she's better.

Sarah - I'm glad you have a lovely lunch with Jason's grandma. Yes, I have been managing to relax, which is nice. I'm dreading the return to book promos and all that. I don't want to contact anymore bookstores. :(
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Happy New Year's eve and Happy New Year for those who are now celebrating.

I have some errands to run later on because of wanting to get stuff done before New Years. Also, something that I'm trying to buy online is on sale until the 2nd, but I want to buy it as soon as possible.

It also doesn't help that we could be having a snow storm on the 2nd, either.

I'll be back later, and hopefully everything goes we :)

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

It's Wednesday morning here and I guess you're all ringing in the new year whereever you are right now. We had a couple of friends over for a barbecue last night, but that was all. We didn't stay up until midnight. Just went to bed. But now it's the morning and we're looking at a new year. I hope it's a good one.
Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Happy New Year!! I'm dreading midnight. People always light off fireworks and our kids really want to this year, so Hubs bought a few little ones, but I don't like lighting them myself...I feel like they are so unsafe. And my neighbors are really bad with safety. Hubs bought safety glasses and everything, but the neighbors let their kids hold the things like roman candles in their hands. SOOOO not safe. I don't want to be out there. And I wanted to get Apple Beignets...they are my favorite and I wait all year for them. The stand was sold out. Hubs says "well why didn't you buy them yesterday?" to which I gently reminded him that that was the plan until I had a sick boy and couldn't leave the house.

Lynne, I saw about your mom on FB. How scary! I worry so much about my dad falling because he's 80 and lives in a complete dump (he's a major hoarder) and he has bad knees. I really wish he would move into town so at least someone could check on him periodically and would see it if he fell. Does your mom WANT to move?

Sarah, Finnick looked so much how I pictured him! And Mags, too!! The only one who looked different than I expected was Joanna, but Jenna Malone did such a fantastic job playing her that it didn't bother me. I know I'm going to have a problem with the next 2 movies though...watching Finnick die, and Peeta with the torture. It's going to be so awful!!
Yeah, I don't go to movies very often, but I have a real issue with rude people...like people who talk or play on their phones through the whole thing, or people who throw popcorn, etc...and I always manage to get stuck next to someone who is rude or clueless. During one of the HP movies, the girl next to me apparently came with a friend who was a fan, but hadn't read the books herself, and the WHOLE time she was asking her friend dumb questions like "Why did Voldemort do that?" "Why did so and so say that?" "What did that mean?" I really just wanted to tell her to SHUT UP!!
Did you get Despicable Me exchanged? I saw you had gotten the wrong one?
Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Well....it's 2014 here and all that's happened so far is a BUNCH of really loud fireworks (which my neighbors scared me to death with....the 6 year old was lighting firecrackers in his hand and then tossing them...he threw one right at hubs' feet. Wasn't paying a lick of attention to where he was throwing them) and my brother-in-law is in the hospital with Pneumonia. Not the greatest start. It can only go up from here, right?? Be safe, friends!!