Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Congrats to Lulu and her husband on their new baby :)

Yesterday wasn't great: it was cold, I was in a bad mood much of the day, but at least I bought a new blanket (I gave my brother money so I didn't have to leave the house), and that made my night better.

I'll be taking advantage of the warmer weather today to go and do a few errands this morning, wash some dishes, and do a couple of other things today/tonight.

But then it'll get insanely cold and snowy starting Sunday. So everyone who lives in or around my area of the world, such as Caryn, Susie, Sandy, Ashley, Tracy, and anyone who lives in most of the eastern US unless you're in Florida, be careful of the snow and especially the cold--this is forecasted to be potentially record breaking stuff.

Stay safe everyone.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Hubby and I had a date night last night and went to see The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I have never seen a movie so accurately describe what happens inside my head almost every moment of every day. If you want to know what the inside of my head is like, watch the first half hour. After that part, I couldn't relate so much!

And it's so wonderful to see that Lulu's baby has arrived safe and sound. Congratuations!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all :)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Don't you hate when one of your favorite clothing stores goes out of business? I was having coffee with a girlfriend and her MIL text her to tell her and I'm so glad she did-my Mom got a $50 gift card there for Christmas and they're closing all stores tomorrow!! How crazy! Mom was able to use up her card and get new clothes for work, she was happy and I even grabbed a few things for myself, just in case I ever get back to an office job..or for date nights!

Lynne-what else did you think of Walter Mitty? It definitely looks cute but I'm not sure about it..we hardly ever get to the theater though! Hope you're surviving the heat okay..how's your Mum?

Song-Tri-Cities is probably a good hour or so south of me, more on the way to Portland :) Is that the book you tagged me in this morning? I can enter the contest on your behalf if you want!

I found Despicable Me 2 on sale today-with the Blu-Ray-for $20 instead of $30 so I went ahead and bought it. I'm excited we finally own both of them since they're so cute. How long are your kids out of school for?
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Last day of vacation...Hubs goes back to work tomorrow and the kids go back to school. *sigh* At least we'll be getting back to a routine. That will be soooo nice!
MM had swimming lessons yesterday and was told he gets to move to the next "pool"! I'm soooo happy. He's only been in lessons there for something like...8 weeks? He's already made more progress than he made in a YEAR at the other place. It tells me we made the right decision in moving him. It's a bit less convenient for us as it's farther away and his lessons for this next level are a bit earlier in the day on Wednesdays, so hubs won't be able to leave work to take him...so I'll have to take him by bus and the bus stop we need is kind of far away. But the benefits SO far outweigh that and I don't mind doing it as long as he's making progress. I'd rather walk that 20 mins to the bus stop with him every Wednesday while he actually LEARNS something than to waste countless hours and money at the other pool where he wasn't learning a thing! I'm so proud of him! He's working so hard!

Sarah, yes, that's the book series I tagged you in. No need to enter on my behalf. I already entered myself, but I know sometimes people (like myself) are more likely to read a book if they don't have to buy it themselves. I always think...well, who knows if I'll like it. And if I spend money on it and then DON'T like it, it's a waste. This particular series, a friend of mine sent me the first book. Several of my friends had read it and said it was great, but I didn't know if I would like it since I'm not really into the whole genre of Vampire/Werewolf lit in general. Yes, I loved Twilight, but I tried to read the Sookie Stackhouse series and hated it. The Vampire Diaries were ok, but I didn't like them nearly as much as Twilight, and after the first couple of books it got less and less intriguing for me and I stopped reading them. So if I had to buy the Patricia Briggs books before reading them, I might never have gotten to it. This isn't the first book, but if you wanted to win a free copy to see if you'll like the series, I thought I'd give you the chance.
Yay for that sale! I'm glad your mom was able to use her giftcard! That would have sucked to have all the stores close and you aren't able to use it! I'm surprised they would have sold a giftcard for Christmas knowing they were going to close down 2 weeks later!!

Lynne, What is The Secret Life of Walter Mitty about? Was it good, despite not relating to it after the first half hour?
Oh amazon gift cards...fabulous things! I went and ordered the next 5 books in the Mercy Thompson series and the first book in the next series (Alpha and Omega) last night on Amazon. All but one of them I was able to get for a penny plus shipping and handling. I had to have them sent to a friend in the states who will send them to me, but all together, the 6 books plus shipping only cost me $35. I would have only been able to get 2 of them here for that.

Sean, stay safe. I'm actually surprised they are making such a huge deal out of it. Susie said they had already canceled school for Monday in the whole state, and I know it's going to be REALLY cold, but Wyoming, and South Dakota had a HUGE storm in October that dumped WAY more snow than is expected to fall this weekend in the Midwest...killed thousands of cattle and horses, which are the living for many of the people who live there, and it barely got any coverage. My dad was without heat or power for days. They closed all the roads and he was stuck on his ranch and hundreds of people lost power during the storm. I wouldn't have known about it if I didn't see my friends' FB feeds. Then just before Christmas, where my brother lives, they were at -16, feeling like -40 with the wind...several of my friends posted the weather from their phones. But this expected storm has been ALL over the news. I guess it could just be that Wyo, the Dakotas, and Colorado are kind of used to that weather in the winter where the midwest doesn't usually get quite that bad. My advice to you is to stock up on water, canned goods, batteries and flashlights, put blankets across doors and windows to keep in the heat, and don't go outside!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm trying to work out what to do with Little Man this morning. This afternoon my father is going to look after him while I get a bit of work done for our business. I'm having a lot of trouble thinking of things to do with him this holidays. This week is mostly sorted. We'll have to see about the two weeks after that, though.

More about Walter Mitty? I thought it was enjoyable. It had a good story which progressed well. The only beef I had with it was the amazing things he ended up doing in the real world. They were really quite out there and I had difficulty believing he could go from a man who only imagined he could do everything into a man who did those things. However, it was still good and I liked the resolution.

Sarah - that's a pain about that clothing store! I'm glad your mother managed to redeem her gift card in time. Sometimes they don't honour those things when they're closing down. My mother is doing okay. We were over there yesterday. She's managing to get around the house with a cane now, but she's fed up with the whole thing.

Songbird - I'm glad MM is doing better at his new swimming place. The teachers can make all the difference with those things, that's for sure. I entered that book competition you sent to me as well. Don't think I'll win, though; I never win anything. I might get it anyway, since it comes so highly recommended! :)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I hope that everyone who is involved with the snow storm and insane cold is dealing with it well.

We have a lot of wood in our house right now and hopefully at least indoors it won't be too bad. I do believe that every winter it feels like it's getting colder, and every summer it's getting hotter, either that, or my body's just becoming less tolerant of temperature extremes. To me, 80 is hot and 20 is cold. But I do hope that everyone makes it though the next couple of days before things do get normal again.

I'm unsure of my plans for tonight, since I do have fan fic I want to work on and a couple of other things. Of course, all bets are off on that stuff for at least 2-3 days if I don't work on it tonight.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hello!

Sounds like everyone has had a good weekend, unless they're buried in snow! We've had such a mild winter this year-not even a lot of rain either, so I'm a bit jealous of all of our sisters who got snow...!

We finally took down the tree and got the majority of Christmas taken down :) The clutter was bugging me and it needed to be done, seeing how it's already the fifth here. Whether or not it 'felt' like Christmas to me, I gotta accept that it's over...maybe I'll decorate for Valentine's Day!

I got inspired by Ginnie and am now slowly re-reading Twilight. I keep seeing everyone on Good Reads who are flying through new books and the idea of starting a new book or series makes me tired. I blame you, Veronica Roth!

Lynne-perhaps I'll go see Walter Mitty then :) It already looked intriguing but I'm always wary of Ben Stiller movies, he can be inappropriate at times! We got another set of movie tickets for Christmas so we really should get around to seeing something! Sorry about your Mum, how long does it take for her injury to heal?

Good luck with MM :) I'm sure you'll figure it out..does he get bored easy?

Song-I'm so glad he's doing so much better!! That's amazing. Sometimes the teaching style can make all the difference! Getting back into routine can be painful, but helpful.

I guess the employees at that store were told a week ago (which is crazy!!) and I just happened to hear from a friend..thank God! It's sad because I love that store but I feel even worse for the employees.

Goodness, that's some cold temperatures. Is your Dad okay?
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

It's freezing here and I'm not at all happy about it. Needless to say, I'll be glad once we're past Wednesday, where it'll warm up to "normal" again, something this year as far as climate hasn't been.

I have this PC game that I play though Steam, but it's screwing up, and I've sent reports on it. I won't be playing it until they finally release a patch that fixes the glitch issues I've been having. That leaves me with more time to work on fan fic, that is once it warms up.

I've just been frustrated and moody all weekend and into this week. All I want to do is sleep anymore. Hopefully my outlook will improve with the weather.

I'll be back later

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey everybody!

The heatwave has finally broken. Today is supposed to be much cooler, and the rest of the week, too. It ended with a large series of storms last night. Lots of people lost power. Fortunately, we don't often have that problem where we are, so we were fine and just enjoyed the rain and the lightning, and there was lots!

I hope all my siblings are keeping safe if you're in an area under a lot of snow at the moment. Take care!

Sarah - no, Walter Mitty wasn't inappropriate in any way. Thinking back, I can't recall anything that made me cringe. It was fine. I can't recall him even kissing the leading lady. I don't know how long it's going to take my mother to heal. I'm guessing at least a couple of months. I tore a tendon in my hand in mid-April last year, and although it doesn't hurt, it still has a lump in it where the tendon tore, and she's in her eighties, so I don't imagine her healing will be quick. I'm hoping she'll be able to walk properly again within a few months.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I made it though last night just fine--thanks mostly to my electric blanket, fleece blanket, and comforter. Now I just have to make it though the next day and night, and things will start to warm up and level out.

At least this is the last day of this crap. It should warm up fairly rapidly after tonight and it'll be pretty toasty in our house by Thursday

I have to plan on when to go out later on this week to pick up a prescription refill--I have enough to stretch it until Friday. Hopefully by then I'll be writing fan fic and hopefully soon I'll have a fix for my PC game.

Other than that, I don't have too much to report on so far.