Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Last night went well, it felt like old times, except that there are no little babies around anymore! That'll change when Jason and I have a baby, hopefully in the next year or two, and then we'll finally feel apart of the gang since we're the only ones who doesn't have kids ;) We have two needy pets, does that count?

I finished Twilight finally and then picked up The Fault in Our Stars by John Greene from the library and I'm hoping to start it this weekend since this is a very chill weekend for us!

Lynne-a costume party sounds like so much fun!! How cute :) And yes, the youngest of the kids is almost 3 so they're able to entertain themselves with minimal supervision!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Just a quiet Sunday here today, thankfully. Nothing much on at all. Tomorrow the uniform shop at my son's school opens in preparation for the school year, so I need to go down and get him some stuff. This is his last week of holidays, so it's all systems go this week for school preparation!

Sarah - glad it went well last night. Hopefully Jason and you will indeed be able to join in more next year because of a special arrival. I hope so! :)
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Howdy! Not much to report...my brother-in-law is still stuck in the hospital. He has a PET scan on Monday to see if they can figure out the source of the fluid. He was doing better and I don't know what happened, but now he doesn't get to come home like he thought. Poor guy.
We are headed to a birthday party at an indoor play gym tomorrow. I've never been to this one. We've been to a couple of others, and they are all different. This one is more expensive for the kids entrance, but parents are free at least. And I am just happy that we'll get to see our friends.

Lynne, my friend just moved to Australia a week and a half ago and she was shocked by how strict uniform guidelines are. We don't have uniforms in the US, or over here, but she was saying that everything from hair ties down to socks is included in the uniform. And something about not being allowed to wear their uniform outside of school....they have to have it covered when they are walking to or from school.
How did the mermaid/pirate party go?

Sarah, I know what you mean....we were the first ones to have a kid in our group of friends, but then the next one wasn't far behind. Our kids are all pretty evenly spaced throughout the year and all but one have 2 kids and they are all right around the same ages, so they can all play together. The only thing is Bug is the only girl from the first round of kids and she's the oldest. So She'll be turning 8 in May and the next girl turned 5 this week and it's her party tomorrow. So there's quite an age gap for her. But I remember when we all had little babies and we'd get together and pass the babies around and holding all these other small babies was so much fun because mine was older and bigger and it was nice to have a lighter load. And we have one friend who has chosen not to have children, and one friend who is older and already has a grandchild, and they don't really come to the parties because they are in such a different stage. How old are the kids that were there with you?
I loved The Fault In Our Stars, but it made me bawl for the last 100 pages!! It is VERY emotional.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm off to get Little Man new school shirts, socks and shoes today. The heat is returning for a few days as well, so I'll try and stay at the shopping centre for as long as possible.

Susan- I'm sorry your BIL isn't doing as well as he was. Hopefully, the PET scan will help the doctors find out exactly what's wrong. Yes, uniform rules are stricter over here, although I've never heard anything about kids covering up their uniforms walking to and from school. That sounds positively ridiculous! Maybe it's an exclusive private school or something. I do know that kids are constantly told that they are representatives of their school when they walk around in their uniform and the onus is on them to behave well whenever they are in the uniform, but covering up seems stupid. While uniforms are the norm, that it definitely not!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hello all! Today is the big Seahawks game vs our rivals, the San Francisco 49ers...whoever wins goes to the Super Bowl! It's been really fun getting to learn about football with Jason and getting interested in something he's so passionate about! He even bought me a jersey last night of my favorite player, Russell Wilson, who is our quarterback and a Christian.

Lynne-I'm a bit jealous of the heat but didn't you say it's been like super hot? Hopefully you guys have a good last week :)

Aww, thanks Lynne ;) I definitely want a baby but we're trying to make sure we're ready for one...I'm already 26 and Jason's 31, so we kinda feel like the clock is ticking but at the same time, I love being free to go on dates and do what I want with my time. But I do feel that ache, that desire for a baby!

Song/Susan-I don't know if I'll be able to call you Susan, haha because you're Song to me! We will likely have a similar age gap because the oldest kid is 10 and the youngest is nearly 3...by the time we have a baby, the gap will be at least 4 years I would assume...I definitely feel weird because I'm literally the only one without kids, but we were also the last to get married. It's probably more awkward for Jason because of his age, all of his cousins who he grew up with and whom we're quite close to, got married fairly early, like between 19-24, and he waited until he was 28..well, I'm five years younger ;) Going to the birthday parties for the kiddos is hard for me, since I'm shy by nature and the women sit around chatting about their kiddos...I try to avoid them if I can but I know Jason loves it when I go, so I try to make an appearance occasionally for his sake.

I'll definitely try the Fault in Our Stars because I love Shailene Woodley who is in the movie that's coming out later this year :)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Just a quiet day of grocery shopping today. The temperature's starting to sneak back up now, though. Today and tomorrow are going to be hot, and Saturday and Sunday as well. Not looking forward to it!

Sarah - yes, it's hot at the moment. I hope you do have a baby soon. It is wonderful, but does have its drawbacks. Loss of freedom is one of them, but you learn to appreciate other things.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Wow, it's super quiet around here!

Not a whole lot going on in my life at the moment, just looking forward to the weekend! I'm finally going to go see Frozen with a girlfriend on Friday, hooray!

I'm quite intrigued to see what happens with the whole MTV movie brawl and I'm truly hoping Divergent doesn't win. One of my clients was working through Allegiant and I wanted to tell them to stop..but of course I'll never do that..I just always think it haha :)

Lynne-I'm definitely looking forward to parenthood, but at the moment I'm finding pet ownership hard enough! My cat has been sick and the vet thought it was anxiety but now it's likely a UTI..:/ I take her back tomorrow to confirm!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm hoping Sean's okay. He hasn't been around here lately, which is very unlike him. Hopefully it's just computer problems or something.

Little Man and I have our last day of just him and me for school holidays today. We're going to spend most of the day make Lego. That should keep us busy!

Sarah - yes, I was voting like crazy for Map to the Stars. I think it's most unfair that MTV decided to take matters into their own hands and encourage people to vote for Divergent. It does send a message that their movie brawl is not exactly up to the fans. Of course, it also show that Twilight fans, particularly those who love Rob, are still a force to be reckoned with. I hope your cat will get a clean bill of health.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

First off, sorry I haven't been online in over a week, but we had a fire at my house. Everyone's OK and the house itself wasn't badly damaged, but we're out of the house until we can get everything fixed.

Right now, I'm staying with my mother and father where they live. That part's gone pretty good, since I can see my mom and dad more often than usual. Right now, the hope is that I should be able to go back home within a few weeks' time.

So that's what I've been up to and why I haven't been online until now.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi everyone! I caught MM's cold so I haven't been on much. I've been trying to sleep a lot to get rid of the sickies. Finally feeling a bit better today.
I had some leftovers for lunch today and Bug comes up and says "What have you got?" and I said "Kofta", and she says "I love you.....Can I have some?" And she proceeded to steal my meatballs.
And MM is having a sword fight, complete with trash talk, with an invisible foe. They so crack me up!
My BIL is still in the hospital. He had surgery yesterday and we heard about 9:30 last night that it went well and they got rid of whatever was causing the infection. Not sure how long he'll have to stay in the hospital now.

Sean, so sorry to hear about the fire. Were you all in the house? Hopefully it doesn't take long to fix everything. Was it insured for fire?

Lynne, This is what my friend said about the uniforms: "Their smock dresses have to be covered with a regulation cover when walking to or from school. Depending on the weather it's a blazer or cardigan." So I guess it's not completely covered, but if it's hot, I can't imagine having to wear something over it and I don't understand the purpose.

Sarah, I'd say that having pets is harder in some ways than having kids. Kids can tell you if they don't feel good and where it hurts...at least after the first couple of years. You can also reason with a child to an extent. How do you explain to a cat that he has to stay on bed rest? Pets also aren't allowed to go with you everywhere. You can't take a dog to the grocery store. Sometimes schedules are harder with kids, but there are a lot of things that are easier. I'm sure you'll be fine once you have kids. And they will make you laugh, even when you are angry. And they will amaze you. MM's logic floors me...he says "4 times 4 is 16". He's in first grade and they don't learn time tables yet...then he says "2 times 4 is 8, and 8 plus 4 is 12, and 12 plus 4 is 16, so 4 times 4 is 16." Then he asks hubs how old he turns this year and he says 40. And hubs asks the kids how many years before he's 100 and Bug said she didn't know and MM thinks for a second and says "60!". And so hubs asks if he's half of 100 yet then and MM says "No, you'll be half of 100 in 10 years. Because half of 100 is 50, and you're only going to be 40, and 40 plus 10 is 50." Pretty amazing for a kid who just turned 6 a month ago, I think. Just think about all the incredible things you have to look forward to in parenting!
How did you like Frozen?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ