Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's Saturday here again, and there's not a great deal on this weekend. I'm trying to find something good to cook for treats in Little Man's lunch box when he goes back to school next week. He's not being terribly helpful about it, though. At least he doesn't seem too distressed about the idea of going back to school just yet. Last year he was a wreck.

Sean - I'm glad that you're all right! Do you know what caused the fire?

Susan - Wearing something like that sounds stupid to me, not to mention hot in summer! I'm glad BIL's surgery was a success.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Happy weekend all!

My friend cancelled today at last minute, something she never does, but she said she wasn't feeling well so I totally don't blame her! I know the flu is going around and quite frankly, I was super tired so I took a late nap instead :)

Took the cat back to the vet where they were able to do a urinalysis and X-ray to confirm she's got an infection which has caused little crystals in her bladder to form :( Now she's on a special diet and taking a pill daily, where she bites me the entire time while I try to give it to her haha. This is so getting me ready for a baby because Jason will help hold her down but he won't get bitten so it's all on me...silly kitty!

Song-thanks for making me feel not so dumb...people are like-it's a cat!! and I'm all-well, it took 2 years of begging to be able to convince Jason we could have a cat around Rolph and even longer for the two of them to get used to each other...now Rolph LOVES her! When she came back from the vet last night, he was very concerned and kept sniffing her..she's his baby sister.

Wow, LM sounds so smart!! That's awesome..he's so young too!

Lynne-ooo what sort of treats? Are you relieved he's going back?
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Still at my father's house, and either tonight or tomorrow is grocery day.

My friend Lia posted a new video on You Tube, but it's a cover of Wicked Games by Weekend, and the song has quite a bit of profanity in it at parts, so be it Lia's cover or the original, listener discretion advised, though Lia looked cool in the video.

I'm OK, and the house is fine. A lot of the damage (fairly minor) needs to be repaired still and the house needs rewired before we can go back home. Once that gets started, it should go fairly quickly, but one of my father's friends is a licensed electrician and he'll help get that going.

Otherwise, we've had wi-fi at my new home since Thursday and hence, given the circumstances, I'm pretty happy overall.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey everybody!

I've got a tonne of washing to do this morning and two cars to wash, and then we'll be going to my in-laws' this afternoon.

It's Australia Day here. It's celebrated because it's the day when Captain Cook first discovered Australia. A lot of people will be going to the beach (in spite of the fact that it's a bit cloudy and not particularly hot) and having barbecues. It's kind of a tradition, but it's always so busy everywhere on days like today, we'll just stay home and relax.

Sarah - I hope your cat gets better. The treats we made were only chocolate biscuits with sprinkles on them, but they are quite nice.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I love quiet weekends..yesterday Jason and I went on a date because we had coupons to both our favorite BBQ place and to my favorite used bookstore and then we just came home and relaxed.

I'm not sure what all we'll do today, probably some cleaning but beyond that I don't have plans and that's okay with me :)

Lynne-Australia Day sounds a lot like 4th of July here, with everything so busy that I tend to stay away from the crowds and just be at home or at a friends house or something. It gets packed in the cities that do big fireworks displays!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Because Australia Day fell on a weekend, today is the Australia Day public holiday. Welcome to the Land of the Long Weekend!

Little Man goes back to school tomorrow, and I'm anticipating tears tonight. So far he's been okay but we'll see what happens when reality hits. Ironically, I'm not sure I want him to go back either, because it will mean back to promotions and getting things ready for the next release and *sigh* more book signings, although I'll wait until The Reign is released before I do anymore of those.

Sarah - yes it is a bit like that. We had a nice time at my in-laws' last night with a nice barbecue and a pavlova for dessert. What is a pavlova? It would probably be easiest if you googled it. It's a bit hard to explain!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Well, I do have some good news. We might be able to go home possibly by the end of the week. That's what I heard from my parents. I got my groceries last night and I'm pretty happy with that.

I finished watching the Daytona 24 a little while ago, and I have plans on watching some TV and reading later tonight, and probably getting back on here for a little while later tonight.

I also have to get up early and try and stay up until at least 2:30 tomorrow because I'm expecting a couple of important phone calls. But at leas things are looking better than they were when this first happened.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Little Man will be going back to school today. He seems in a reasonably good frame of mind about it. There was a bit of crying last night, but not too much. I hope it won't be like last year when he cried for the first three weeks or so! I think he should do better this time, especially since this year's classroom is right next door to last year's.

As a result, I have a lot of catching up to do this week, as there are loads of things to do with the release of The Reign that I haven't done yet. I also have a mammogram today. It's just a regular one; there's nothing wrong that I know of, but let's face it, they're unpleasant things at the best of times.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Everything has gone fine the past couple of days. I wasn't online yesterday because I had a phone interview to do and some stuff to watch on TV and I didn't get around to getting on here.

I'll try and hop back on here later on and do a few things, but that depends on what I'll be able to find on TV tonight.

Just wanted to write in and let everyone know that I'm OK.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Some of you may have seen on Facebook that yesterday there was a problem with the electricity in our area. It was fluctuating all morning, going up and going down, and turning off entirely. We had a surge protector put on the system a few years ago, and the constant power surges blew the surge protector! We had to get an electrician in to fix it. Because the surge protector blew, our best work computer also blew, so we had to get some computer geeks in to fix that. We will be seeking compensation from the electrical company!

Little Man's first day of school went well. He seems to really like his teacher, which is a good thing! :) He still wasn't keen about going today, but so far there hasn't been the huge meltdown he had last year.