Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Susie »

HAPPY MONDAY, FOLKS!

Today is Presidents Day in the U.S. and usually no school, but because we missed so many days in January due to the extreme cold, we had to add back in today as a school day. EXCEPT today we got a lot of snow right during the morning commute, so only 3 of my students showed up. How ironic! Tomorrow the class should be back to about 20 students.

Who's watching Downton Abby? I love it! Only one more episode to go next week - a two hour one. I love the costumes.

GINNIE! You could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw your post here on the Halfway House!!! It was a sight for sore eyes! Thanks for stopping by.

Lynne - I'd love to read The Heir from Keridan's pov! Hmmm....Let's hope The Reign comes back just in the nick of time. It seems like deadlines have a way of accelerating the pace. I'm finally reading The Crown now and just getting into the intrique of exactly who wants you know who dead. (didn't want to spoil anything here)

Song
- Hi! Your day does sound stressful! Sounds like some I've had when basically the whole family needs to just go to bed and try again in the morning. That school visit fiasco sounds very unprofessional, if you ask me. I'm glad Bug had such a fun time with her Daddy. Did you and MM do something fun together while they were out? How is MM doing by the way? If it would be better to answer via email, please shoot me an email.

Sarah - I love hearing about all the fun you and your hubby have together whether it's at home on Valentine's Day or Ohau! What a wonderful vacation you have planned. Maybe your boss did you a favor by narrowing down the dates for you.

Sean - Sorry you got sick! Do you have a sensitive stomach? I'm wondering what you could do to prevent this from happening. It doesn't sound like fun at all.

I'm doing some revisions on the first chapter of my memoir at the suggestion of a writing coach. She also recommended that I "create some buzz" for my book by writing a few articles for women's magazines. That is on my to do list in addition to more queries with the revised chapter. Guess I'll be keeping busy!

Have a great week, everyone!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi siblings! Well, I guess the reason I've been tired and achy is that I have shingles. So far it's not TOO bad, but I expect it to get a LOT worse. I have 4 little spots that look like mosquito bites...one on my back and the other 3 clustered on my breast and the whole area is tender and sore to the touch and of course the spots itch. But they haven't turned to blisters yet, and I expect they will be tons itchier when they do. And I'm expecting to have more of them before it's done, too. So...I am contagious to anyone who has not had chickenpox and therefore I am supposed to avoid contact with people who might not have had it. No choir for me. But as I'm feeling headachy and tired, I'm not really worried about it. I'll go to bed early and get some much needed rest. I've had horrible dreams lately, too. I dreamed last night that someone kidnapped my kids and beat MM to a pulp before bringing them back. I woke up almost in tears. Probably a fever dream. Anyway...that explains so much of what I've been feeling lately and I'm glad to know what it is, and that it's nothing serious, though it's annoying.

Susie, yes, I agree that it was very unprofessional of the school not to let us know. I find schools over here are shockingly poor at communication.
MM and I played cards while Bug and daddy went to the show. He loves playing cards and board games (more like bored games if you ask me.) so that's what we did.
MM...sometimes he does well and sometimes not. When we played cards, for example, I won 3 of 4 games and all he said was "Let's play another!" which is REALLY good for him. But then yesterday, he played against daddy and Bug and he threw a fit and cried when he lost. Today, he sat in the front yard and cried for 15 minutes because I wouldn't let him go to the store by himself. Some of the kids in the neighborhood have a LOT of freedom to go where they like without supervision. My kids are not among them and he was angry that other kids get to and he doesn't. I understand that, but the tantrum he threw didn't fit the problem...it shouldn't have been that big of a deal. And last week when we were walking to swimming lessons he had a meltdown because I crossed the streets in the "wrong" order. It's a four-way intersection and we needed to be on the opposite side, diagonally, and I crossed forward and then right and he wanted to cross right, then forward and he screamed and refused to walk and told me I went the "wrong" way. I try to be pretty mellow about those things, but I misunderstood him and thought he was wanting to go another street over before crossing, but there's no other street, so I thought HE was mistaken and I said "no, this was the right way." And once I figured out what he meant, we were all already across both streets and I wasn't going to turn around and go back just to cross in a different order. He's going to have to get used to not getting his way all the time. The case worker is checking into training through the school and otherwise we'll probably see a child psychologist to see what she can do.
That sounds like a great idea to write for some women's magazines! Aside from creating buzz, it sounds like fun!

Sarah, that sounds like soooo much fun! I've always wanted to do build a bear, too, but it's so expensive! I've never even been inside one.
So glad your cat seems to be doing better!! That's great news and I'm sure you're relieved!
Yes, my cupcakes were DELICIOUS. I'll definitely be making them again.

Lynne, I'm sorry you are worried about The Reign! Did you get any indication that you'll get it back for editing soon? If you do get it back, will you still have time to do other work for her now that it's so busy or will you need to concentrate on the editing for The Reign?
I'm with Susie...I think it would be fascinating to read from the other point of view!!

Sean, sorry you got sick, but hope you feel better. Did you not cook it thoroughly? Or are you allergic to something?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Cool! Lots of posts to read!

I'm off to work for Rochelle again today. Maybe I'll be brave enough to ask about the edit for The Reign. The good thing is that we've already got the cover sorted out and the actual typesetting should be really quick to do. I've just got to get the book done to my satisfaction first, which is always a tricky thing!

Sarah - Build a Bear sounds fun. We have those stores here, but I have so many bears already I can't justify another one! Yes, it's a good idea to go to Hawaii now, before you have kids. I hope you have a great time.

Susie - the snow is causing a lot of trouble over there, isn't it? We're having a heatwave here at the moment, which is kind of ironic, given the state of your weather. I'm glad you're enjoying The Crown. Make sure you review it when you're done! :)

Susan - yes, I saw on Facebook that you have shingles. Ouch! That is no fun. Try and take it easy if you can. I'm glad you like the idea of Keridan's POV. I'm working on it at the moment, but another mark against it is it's a lot longer than any of the other books, mainly because it covers so much more. I should be able to get the word count down a bit, but probably not under 100,000 words, which is not going to make Rochelle keen on the idea,
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I was without internet today until about 10 minutes ago, and it's just as well because I've felt like crap today. I started to get really sick at around noon and I haven't gotten much better since.

At least from what I've heard, I should be able to go back home--if all goes well--in a couple of days or so. That depends on if the water pipe that leads into our house from the well is OK. If that's OK, then the water pump and water heater can be hooked up and that's the last thing that's keeping us from going back home.

I'll be getting some groceries tomorrow morning and that's the biggest thing that I have planned right now.

Added stuff:

Hi everyone.

I'm feeling a bit better now and I'm just looking up some stuff before I get to sleep so I can get groceries tomorrow.

As I said, hopefully I'm only a couple of days away from going back home, but that depends on when the plumbing can get fixed.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I got my groceries this morning, but other than that, I haven't really been up to too much yet. I do have a couple of things that I'd like to watch later today/tonight, but I don't have much planned.

And with Rob back to work and watching Top Gear the other night with Tom Hiddleston from Thor (who was in the Jaguar Super Bowl commercial) and how much the hosts from TG go on about Jaguars, I wonder if we could see Rob as a Jag man?

I can see him in the F-Type, but other than that, I don't think that Rob would want any of the Jags I like, such as the XJR-9 and XJR-12, which are Le Mans winners and powered by 7-liter (or 7.4 liter for the '91 XJR-12) V12 engines, or the XJR-14, which is even more impractical for the road (it had a left-handed gear change lever) and even noisier, based on it's Ford-based 3.5 liter V8. Of course, all these TWR Silk Cut Jags are racing cars, they're not road legal, and even if they were, you couldn't drive them anywhere, not that one would want to drive them anywhere on most days...

But there's the F-Type Coupe and Convertible, the old V12 E-Type and XJS, and the C- and D-Type Jags, where were LM racers, LM winners, and, actually, both now and at the time, road legal.

So, would Rob be a Jag man, or would he go for another British car in your opinions? About anything will be fine, as long as it's not a '70's or '80's British Leyland or Austin-Rover/Rover product (anyone familiar with British cars from that era can tell you why Rob--or any of us--wouldn't like them) :)

And just a word of note: if you're in an area where severe weather--be it a snow storm or thunderstorms--be careful and keep an eye on the skies. The weather will be all over the place in the eastern US with the storm that's gearing up now. Some severe thunderstorms are even a possibility where I'm at and that's all the way in northern Ohio.

Stay safe everyone

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Rochelle didn't say anything about the edit on The Reign yesterday, and I didn't like to ask. If I haven't heard anything by the last week in February, then I will ask.

I'm also trying to get payment out of a bookstore at the moment for some copies of The Heir and The Crown that I gave them. They keep saying that they're sending a cheque, but it hasn't come yet.

Today I have swimming with Little Man again and my catch up day of housework.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm not 100% sure when I'll be going back home. It depends on when the water pipe going into the house thaws so the water pump can be hooked up. Hopefully that'll happen sooner rather than later.

I haven't been up to much so far today. At least I'm no longer sick like I've been most of this week. Hopefully details can be worked out as far as how we'll be going home, because it'll be hard to move me, both of my brothers, and my grandma back home with all of our stuff at one time.

At least I'll have some stuff on TV later to keep my occupied. And in areas where bad weather is expected, be careful out there. My area has a flood watch and wind advisory out, and there already was a thunderstorm this morning here, too.

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Ugh, I'm so over the lack of communication at the kids' school! Today Bug had an open lesson at the musical theater class after school, so MM and I had to go with the bus, which meant I needed to get him out of class a bit early to make it to the bus stop in time. Bug goes with her friend by motor scooter, so I don't have to worry about her. But as I was going to be going by bus, I wanted to keep my load light. Bug still has a substitute teacher, and this teacher isn't qualified to give P.E. lessons, so they didn't have one last Thursday, and I had her ask the sub today if they were having it today. If not, I wanted to take her P.E. clothes home at lunch time so I didn't have to get them after school and take them on the bus with me. The sub said no, no P.E. because she couldn't do it. So I take the P.E. clothes home with me. Then I find out when we get home from the Music Theater class that she DID have P.E. Her regular teacher came in just to do the P.E. lessons, but they neglected to mention this to the Substitute teacher, so Bug ended up not having her P.E. clothes or a towel or anything. If I hadn't ASKED specifically, it wouldn't be a big deal, but geez! How unorganized! That poor sub! I've worked as a sub before, and good lesson plans are crucial to success with a sub...if he/she doesn't know even the basic outline of the day...yikes.
The musical theater class was fun, but they didn't do any music today. I guess they do theater one week, music the next. Today was a theater day. The parents got to participate at the end...we had to be farm animals at a party and then do a fashion show as the animal. My knees hurt SOO bad. I can not walk on my knees.

Lynne, I am reading a series right now written by an Irish author. The plot is good, but I'm having a real problem with some of the language...the characters are from different countries, but he has Americans saying things like "We'll hire a car" which we don't say. So...just a bit of advice, since I know your main character grows up in America...please have an American look at it for dialect. There are small differences, but it's REALLY annoying (at least to me) to read an American character using the British dialect.
Hope you get the Reign back before you end up having to ask about it.

Sean, where are your brothers and grandma staying right now until you can go back home?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm working for our business today and the heat is FINALLY supposed to be easing mid-morning. I hope so. Last night was the hottest night we've had for some time. Little Man and I were waking up a lot.

Susan - yes, Little Man's school is hopeless at communicating too. At least the teacher he's got this year is better than last year's teacher. Don't worry, with The Heir, I had Caryn check it and she gave me lots of tips. I'd already picked up on most of them myself, but not all. I always check things with my US friends just to be sure!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Can't quite go back home yet--the water pipe's still frozen. So that means that the water pump and such can't really be hooked up yet. So I guess that going to the grocery store was a good move ;) So it'll probably be another day or two before I'll be going home.

I might watch the NASCAR Duel races later tonight and work on some other stuff. At least I have my laptop and internet, so that'll help keep me from getting too bored :)

Songbird: My younger brother is staying with me (we're at our parent's home) and my older brother and grandma are staying with his father/my uncle. At least hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer before we'll be able to go home.