Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Songbird »

Whew...it's vacation week and still busy!! This weekend was Carnaval/mardi gras. We went to the parade here in town because it lines up so close to our house. Bug hated it because the music was so loud it hurt her ears and she kept diving into my side with one ear pressed into my side and my hand over the other ear. They got some candy, which they loved, and we were going to go to the parade where my in-laws live yesterday, but the kids didn't want to go. MM wanted to play Rummy Cube (board game) and Bug and my nephew wanted to ride their bikes to the park and play soccer. So Opa took them biking and such and daddy and Oma played with MM and I read. I'm not a board game person. Then we had dinner and Oma got mad at MM because he wouldn't eat his chicken nuggets. He said they tasted different and she was angry because they were the same kind she ALWAYS buys and he's always eaten them before so she thought he was just being a whiner. Then -I- tasted the chicken nuggets...eeuuww. THey were completely different. Now we know why he didn't like them!
Tomorrow we're going to have to get up EARLY because Bug has to go to the dentist at 8:15 to fill cavities and then I have to take MM to the physical therapist at 1:00pm to test his motor skills, and then I have a meeting in the evening for choir board. Wednesday our grocery store is closing early and they will be closed for 2 weeks while they switch over to a different chain, so they are giving a 50% discount on everything...I'm betting it's going to be BUSY. Then MM has his swimming lesson and hubs gets to swim with him. (I can't go because of the shingles being spreadable in water) and then they are heading to my in-laws for dinner and the kids will stay there for a few days, and I have a dinner with the First Sopranos in choir. Then Friday, hubs took the day off to take me to Zwolle to get my new residency card. Then we're meeting my in-laws and the kiddos for dinner at a restaurant and we'll take the kids home with us. BUSY. At least Thursday and today I'm pretty free. And Monday next week we have parent/teacher conferences. I'm anxious to ask a few questions.

Sean, so glad you got to go home. It must be nice to finally be home in your own environment!

Lynne, yes, I like to know who's coming for the same reason. I need to know how many favor bags to make, how much stuff to get for games, snacks, etc...over here, most people only call if they AREN'T coming, so you assume that if they don't RSVP, they will be there. I always put on the invitations "Please call us at ####### to let us know whether or not you'll be coming." and if I hear nothing, I will generally find the parents at the school when we're dropping off kids or picking them up and I'll ask, but I didn't see this mother to ask her. It was really rude of her not to call. And his best friend came and his mom is on the parent board with me and she had said she was talking to this mother and her son wasn't sure from one day to the next whether he wanted to go or not. Then he was upset the next day when he found out his best friend had been there and he hadn't gone. -I- had not been looking forward to the two of them together because they are WILD together, so I was quite happy that he didn't come, but I wish they had let me know.
That's great that swimming is going so well!!! It's hard when they struggle so much. MM is doing much better now, too. It's such a relief!
With the clean up of the park, do you have dish gloves or something you can wear so you don't have to actually handle the garbage with your hands? Or maybe get one of those sticks with the claw to pick up things you don't want to touch? In my hometown, we used to have a clean up day like that and it was actually fun. All the kids showed up at a central point and were taken by fire truck (we got to ride on top) to parks and open spaces, we were given trash bags, and for every trash bag we filled we got a free swim pass. Then around noon we were brought back to the central point where we were fed hotdogs! It was so fun as a kid!

Sarah, glad you are feeling better, but sorry Jason messed his back up again!! Is he feeling better?
It is a super fun tradition for report card day. Bug picked strawberry yogurt, apple pie, and skittles. MM chose some other candy...very Dutch, giant chocolate covered cream puffs, and some little cakes. Hubs and I ate Chicken.
I am still itchy and kind of sore. There's one spot on my back that feels like I'm lying on a marble when I lie on my right side. It's hard to get comfortable, but the blisters are starting to burst and dry up so hopefully it will be over within the week!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm doing a little better this morning, though I still can't breathe worth a crap.

I did get most of my stuff put away and I also fixed a cabinet thing last night. For tonight, I have some Top Gear to watch and hopefully I'll finally feel up to making and eating a pizza. I also may try and get some more sleep today to see if that helps with the cold that I have.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I enjoyed watching the Oscars yesterday. I particularly enjoyed what de Niro said about writers, which has already been turned into a meme and I have shared it on my author page. It sums us up pretty well! It's raining here, which is nice, as we've had one of our driest summers ever. It's going to rain on and off all week. It's not supposed to be much overall, but every little bit helps.

Sarah - I'm glad you've finally balanced the work/rest thing. :) It is a trick, isn't it? Yes, I'm not a great swimmer. It's looking like Little Man will be better than I ever was.

Susan - I'm glad the carnavals were fun, if a bit loud. :) Yes, when we clean in the park we use gloves. I wouldn't pick anything without them. Bleh!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I didn't get up until around 12:00 today, I just didn't have the energy or will to, because I felt so sick and wiped out when I tried to get up before then. My throat feels like it's just packed with mucus--would warm stuff like coffee or tea help break it up?

I called the place where I'm supposed to have an appointment earlier to sort out a change of address because they called my parents' home to remind of of an appointment Thursday morning. That's sorted out aside from having to fill out a form when we get there on Thursday.

Other than that, everything's been OK. At least it's warming up this week to something that's at least better than what I've become accustomed to. Wish spring would get here, the sooner, the better.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm working for Rochelle today, but she won't be there. I'll be on my own there today. Hopefully, that means I'll get a lot done. I might be able to pick up the new t-shirts for The Verindon Trilogy today too. We'll see how I go.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I don't know when I'll be doing it, but I'm thinking of working on some fan fic stuff when things get to be a bit more settled down here. So it won't be tonight, but hopefully within the next week or two.

Other than that, I'll be trying to sort out my clothes and such and find a place to put some more of them and decide which one's I'll be donating. And hopefully I'll have a new beard trimmer tonight that I can use, too.

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi Siblings!! Wow...today was INSANE. The grocery store around the corner from us is turning into a different chain, and today was their last day of being open before closing for 2 weeks and opening as the new store. So they had 50% off of EVERYTHING. And I didn't know it, but they opened an hour early. So I get there with the kids right at 8:00 and it was PACKED and not a basket or shopping cart to be found. So we waited by the cart return...but nothing was coming back...finally, some guy brings his cart back and I'm ready, standing right there, and some lady shouts from across the square and asks him for the cart...he was 10 feet away from me, she can see me standing there waiting patiently....as can the man. If it would have been ME, I would have told her no, that these other people were first, but he just turned around and walked off to where she was standing. I ended up having to just follow someone with a full cart to their car and wait until they had unloaded. Then as I was walking back from the parking lot to the store, someone tried to take the cart out of my hands and she says "I'd like this cart please" and I said "sorry...I just got it myself and I haven't been in the store yet." But if you didn't basically accost people, you couldn't get your hands on a cart. So we get inside and it's a ZOO...you could hardly maneuver through the aisles, people were just standing in the middle of aisles and not going anywhere, taking their time and not moving to the side as they browsed so that other people could get through. They were pushing even small children over in their attempts to get where they wanted to go. Then the people who were in line to check out wouldn't let anyone past them, even to get to the next aisle, because they were afraid that you would try to cut in front, and there WERE a lot of people just cutting in front wherever they could. But the lines to check out went all the way to the back of the store. I was trying to get around a corner to get to the last aisle and couldn't get through, so I just went around back and got in the line...and stood there a good 45 minutes before it went anywhere. This one woman in a wheelchair asked to get past me, so I moved aside, she goes past and continues shopping...then 30 minutes later she tries to get in line in front of me. She KNOWS I've been in the line for at least 30 minutes and she thinks she can just bypass everyone so she doesn't have to wait. And the shelves were practically empty. I had a list of things to stock up on, like dishwasher blocks, baking supplies, juice...I had like...10 things on my list and the only thing they weren't out of was soup...they had 2 cans. So I bought them. I also grabbed the last few bottles of sprite zero, the last couple of jars of half-fat mayo, and the last few cans of tuna...all for my husband. Well..we'll all use the sprite and the kids will use the mayo, too, though I don't. But almost everything was gone. It was so crazy! I almost gave up and just left the store. They had security there to make sure no one could leave without paying. I decided I had already been waiting for a while, I didn't want it to be a complete waste of time, so I stuck it out. Hubs would have probably never even gone in. He doesn't have anywhere NEAR the patience I have. But I was SOOOO glad to be out of there!!! And tonight I will have my reward for patience by going out to eat with the other first sopranos. A nice evening of good food and fun, kid free. After swimming lessons.
Yesterday Bug had the first 2 of her 9 cavities filled. She was a total super star! She didn't even flinch at the needle. Her poor little face was lopsided for most of the day from the anesthetic. But she was such a trooper!
Then in the afternoon we went to physical therapy for MM. I found the whole process fascinating. Last year he had to be checked out, too, but he wasn't behind enough to get it covered. But now his teachers asked again because it's affecting his writing. And because I was worried about his swimming, bike riding, etc I asked him to check that, too. It turns out he can move each limb pretty well on it's own, but if they have to move independently of each other, he can't do it. So swimming, where you are kicking with the legs and doing something different with your arms, is REALLY hard for him. He can't make them do something different. And riding a bike is the same...steer with the hands and pedal with the legs...and then also brake with the hands...he can't do everything at the same time and he ends up falling over even with training wheels. And he doesn't have the movement in his wrist to guide a pencil. He uses his whole arm, so he can't make small motions. Nor can he move his fingers independently. He uses two hands to do things most people do one handed. So physical therapy it is! Kind of neat, though...I made a comment about how interesting I found it all and he said I can come with MM to appointments and watch if I wanted. Most kids just get taken out of the class...he goes to the school, takes certain kids out and works with them, then brings them back. But he said we can just as easily do it after school so I can come watch and also learn things to do with him at home. I guess not many parents want to take the time to take their kids to therapy or to work with them themselves...they just want him to fix the problem with no inconvenience to them. Kind of sad, but it works out for me.

So...that's my week so far. What is everyone else up to?

Sean, hope you are feeling better. Tea with some lemon and honey in it should help. The lemon will cut through the gunk in your throat and the honey will soothe. Honey is also a natural antibiotic, so it can help prevent it turning into a bacterial infection if you are prone to sinus infections. Yogurt is also a natural antibiotic and usually feels pretty good on the throat, though if your sinuses react to dairy, it can sometimes cause more phlegm to build up.

Lynne, how did work go? Did you get things done?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I've got a busy day planned today. I've got to go to Walmart to get some stuff, wash dishes, sort some clothes, and some other stuff.

But at least I have all day to work on this, though I'm still dealing with my cold.

And this is a demonstration of what "laser light technology" can do when used by the new Audi R18 e-tron quattro (top right photo):

http://www.motorsport.com/wec/photos/main-gallery/

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Today's it's swimming with Little Man's school class and I have a private editing job to do as well. Not much else.

Susan - wow, that sounds like one heck of a grocery store visit! I probably would have turned around and gone home. I hate it when they're like that, although I don't think I've ever been to one quite so bad. I'm glad MM is making progress with his problems. Hopefully the therapy will do the trick.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hi all! I'm here!!

I've been so busy with work and then I got sucked up in the final two books of my series :)

Today was Jason's Dad's birthday, so we met him for dinner, which was nice. I like hanging out with him and it's good he has at least one child that wants to spend time with him.

I bought the Frozen soundtrack after listening to Disney radio on the Pandora App on my phone and now I'm completely hooked :)

Wow, I started this way earlier and now it's time for bed. I'll try to be around tomorrow and see how you guys are all doing!