Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I did get my tax refund yesterday just before I left for my appointment. As for that, I'm now on some medication. It'll be 2-6 weeks before I know exactly what effect it'll have on me. There's a drowsiness advisory on it, but since I don't drive, that's not a big problem and it's not supposed to really have any side effects.

I still have a few things to get today when my older brother goes back out later on. I still want 1-2 new pairs of shoes and I forgot to pick up a bag of fries yesterday. So that's all I have left to get. Of course, between some grocery stuff and grandma's stuff, we didn't really have room in the Jeep for that stuff anyways.

So that's what I was up to yesterday. Now I have to get grandma her breakfast and stuff.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey folks!

It's Saturday here now, and we'll be trying to bake home made hot cross buns as a test run for Easter weekend. I hope they're yummy! Now that Little Man is on holidays, I'm hoping to try a few new things in the breadmaker to see how they go. I did manage to get a good bit of that editing job done yesterday. I now have about 70 pages to go on it. There are 307 pages overall. That's A4 pages too, not novel-sized pages.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a pretty successful day yesterday but by 8:00 last night I was exhausted. I was advised to expect drowsiness with my new anxiety mediation, so I might in a day or two switch to taking it at night.

I hope to be able to work on fan fic and maybe do something on a PC game later that I haven't worked on all week. I also don't think that there's much on TV tonight, so I'll be up to that stuff more than likely.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Susie
Frozen in Time

!

Post by Susie »

Surprise! It's Susie!

I try to check in here every once in a while, and it's always a relief to see that you're still here!
Thanks for keeping the thread going!

I've just finished another tweaking of my memoir, bringing it down to 87,000 words. Every week I send out more agent queries, each time trying to improve or change the process so that I'm not just sending out a zillion identical queries with an equal number not responding. In an effort to keep the project alive, I keep finding acquaintances to read it. Two of my former Starbucks baristas are the latest ones. (I tend to make friends with my baristas and when they move on to other jobs, I keep in touch with them.) One has yet to start it, but the other one has. She is actually more of a Twilight Hater, but she thinks the book is totally charming! She's about 26 years old and the other one is close to that age as well. It's funny, but it seems like younger women are actually more drawn to my book than my age! You'd think my age would want to live vicariously. Unfortunately, many of my peers have forgotten how to have fun! That being said, my friend's 82 year old mother loved it because she's an arm-chair traveler.

Now on to what you've been up to-

Sean - I really hope your new medication works well for you so you can enjoy life.

Lynne - I think I'll read the Reign on my Kindle since I won't want to wait to have it delivered. Have fun with your son during the school holiday. I know it can sometimes be hard to fill the time, but baking sounds like a great activity! My mouth was watering at the thought of hot crossed buns! Yum! Did you put butter on them while they were still warm?

Sarah - Are you going to Hawaii soon? Maybe you've already left. Be careful of those tanning beds -they can be cancerous. Still, I know that if you don't have some sort of base, you'll immediately get sunburned in Hawaii. Back in my twenties, I stayed on Waikiki Beach and got so sunburned on the first day watching a Hula demonstration outside at high noon, In fact, it skipped the sunburned stage and went right to the sun poisoning stage with itchy bumps. I couldn't spend a lot of time on the beach after that.

Susan - I'm glad you got an appointment with a psychiatrist for your son. When is it? That experience with the boy and the bike drove me crazy and I was just reading about it, not experiencing it like you did. What a crazy mother! I'm sorry you have to deal with people like that. Hooray for being able to go back to work after suffering from Shingles.

I hope you're all enjoying your weekend. We had 8 inches of snow Thursday into Friday, but now it's all melting because officially it's spring, you know!

Bye for now!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's a quiet Sunday here this morning. No church today, as we only have it once a fortnight. So I'm doing the fruit and veg shopping, then we're washing the cars, then it's off to my in-laws' for dinner tonight.

Susie - good to see you! I'm glad you're still tweaking your memoir and that people are enjoying reading it. That's always a good feeling. Yes, I had butter on the warm hot cross buns, but only I did. Hubby doesn't like butter, and as he usually gets things like that ready for Little Man, he just gave him jam and nothing else. I had butter with a dash of honey.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hi all!

I've had the most relaxing weekend..Jason went out last night so I was able to watch girly movies and clean the house which was perfect. Jason's been wondering why I never clean...and I realized I love to clean alone since I'm constantly doing it with someone else...so he's got the perfect situation going! He gets to go out with his friends, I clean the house and revel in my alone time. One lucky guy! The house looks a lot better too..God knows it needed the love!

Tonight we're watching TV shows from early in the week and movies, like usual. It's becoming tradition, I think!

Susie-ouch, sun poisoning?! Sounds awful! I leave for Hawaii on the 22nd. My face is thankfully back to normal and I've got a decent base for the trip already. I only go every once in a while-the last time was for my wedding, before that was prom. I can see how it can be addicting but it's not good long term! Good luck with the memoir! I'm glad you still check in around here!

Lynne-any idea what you'll do for the two weeks? Any big plans? Glad you're almost done with the editing job!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Welcome back Susie :)

I took my anxiety medication yesterday, and soon after I took it, I went to sleep. Hence, I'm going to start taking it at night before I go to sleep.

So I got up just before 7:00 this morning, washed the dishes, started a fire, and made grandma her breakfast. Now I'm waiting for my parents to come out and drop off some stuff.

I haven't felt well the past couple of days. Some of it might be me adjusting to my new medication, but I also didn't eat much of anything yesterday, but at least I have something in me now, so at least I don't feel as nauseated as earlier.

I do plan on working on fan fic later on after I look up a few things later on. I'm planning on taking a break from here after my parents leave to work on something else and maybe take a nap.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Just a quick one. I'm working for Rochelle today, and Little Man will play with her son while I'm there. Then we'll buy a birthday present for Hubby on our way home. It's his birthday in a few weeks.

Sarah - I'm glad you had a nice, girly weekend! It's been a while since I've done that. No, I don't have much planned for the holidays. We'll just see what happens.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I took my medication last night before I went to sleep and things seemed to have worked better for me this time around. However, I stayed up longer than I intended because my brother had to bring laundry home.

I also probably should take some antacid. The McDonald's sausage biscuits I had this morning were good, but they can give me heart burn.

I haven't done too much today, but after doing some stuff on here, I'll be taking a break for a while, then when I get back on later, I hope to work on a PC game, fan fic and looking up some stuff in about that order.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Little Man is already getting bored and I can't think of much to do this holidays. We'll be going to see the Lego movie tomorrow, which should keep him amused. Today I just have grocery shopping and a haircut for him this afternoon. Then we have to take the dog to the vet for his annual checkup.