Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I got up about an hour ago, and to my surprise, Audi were competitive at Spa in spite of being down significantly in terms of top speed. They got all their cars home in the top 6, one podiumed, the other could've if not for an extended pit stop due to a wiring fault, and the LM spec car drove a careful race and did one less pit stop than it's competitors.

There'll be no sportscar action until the Le Mans test day in early June. Tonight, I'll probably chill online and maybe play some games and have some chicken nachos later on, and work on some fan fic.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

The book launch went pretty well. We had about 40 there, which was good. Ironically, I couldn't beat the number of sales for the book launch of The Crown, which had the least number of people in attendance of the three! But I still sold 18 copies of The Reign and two each of the other two.

My in-laws were talking to me and they mentioned that my brother-in-law, who is American, is reading my books and getting grumpy because, although they are in American styling, there are a lot of things in there that aren't Americanisms. This has really got me down, especially since I don't know which book he finds a problem. If it's The Crown and The Reign it's not such a big deal because I can argue that Sarah's 'somewhere else' so non-Americanisms are creeping into her vocabulary, but if it's The Heir that's an issue, because I tried so hard to get it right. Caryn even checked it! It makes me feel like I failed. I don't want Americans to read it and say, 'Well, you can tell this author's never been to America in her life!'. It's a lot like we Australians react when Americans portray an Australian in the movies. We often cringe a lot because the portrayals are so bad. I hope my books don't cause that reaction in people. I'd hate that.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Can you ask him which things he has a problem with? I don't remember a whole bunch of things like that. We don't use "for" as much as "Because" but that's really the only thing that comes to mind and that's a style choice, really. It's not incorrect and it IS used in America, though it's considered more formal. But I can't think of anything off the top of my head that is an expression we don't use. And there are also things that are regional...things that people say in New York that a Wyomingite wouldn't say, or things a Texan would say that you wouldn't hear in Washington. It's kind of subjective. And if it's Dan and Jill who are using the non-Americanisms, you can also argue that they are not American...those things could be from Verindon.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

It's been a quiet, productive type of weekend. Last night I turned my trip to Costco into a social event, going with my best friend since she needed to go too :) Today I had to run my FIL to the airport since he's going on a missions trip and ran a few more errands, like getting Mother's Day cards (is that a thing internationally?) since that's on the 11th here and trying to care of Jason since he's got a touch of some sort of cold again. I guess whoever he sat next to on the plane was sick and it took a few days for him to get it. I feel like he gets sick more often than most people but he's said it's because of how close he tends to sit to people, especially at work.

Lynne-So from a business point of view, I understand Rochelle's decision but I totally understand how frustrating that is :/ I love reading Christian fiction personally because I feel it enriches my soul. I'm so glad the launch went well. Sorry your BIL had such harsh comments. I'll have to pick up The Heir..from what I've read of it, I didn't think it skewed differently.

Song-No, I'm not an ocean person either! I took a book out to the beach and read a few times and then Jason taught me how to float in the waves and enjoy it, but that's all I did. There's a ton of historical stuff involving the Hawaiian culture I would've loved to see as well as when the first missionaries were there. I know there's several waterfalls on Oahu as well, but renting a car would've been astronomical! I'm thankful we were able to take shuttles around to some of the things further out.

Right now we're both on the fence with Mr. Peeta Mellark because he hasn't warmed up to either of us and I'm fairly sure he peed near Rolph's crate yesterday and we're in a rental so that's just not okay. I plan on giving him a few more days to settle in but I'm not sure what else to do if he just doesn't care for us or the dog especially.

I've heard great things about Austenland so I'm glad you got to see it, I'm quite interested in checking it out. My best friend said she'd go see TFIOS with me and I fully expect to cry a lot so I can see why you'd be waiting!!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Well, first thing I had to do after I got up was take a shower. Sleeping under two blankets, one being electric, isn't a good idea, even when it's cool out at night. It'll also be up close to 80 later this week where I live.

I found out my mother and older brother like owls, and my mom and father are visiting today. I even got some pasta stuff to try later on. The main dinner tonight might be chicken taco nachos--I didn't make that last night, so I pushed it back until tonight instead.

Other than that, I have some gaming and fan fic to work on, now that I've got a lot of time between the Spa WEC race and the LM test day and LM race.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I'm glad you guys didn't see anything glaringly bad in it. It has occurred to me that it might be grammatical things and he doesn't realise that some things some Americans say a lot are just bad grammar and there are others who realise that so don't use it! If that's the case I have no apology for changing it.

I'm working for our business today, so I should have time this afternoon to write an article about the launch which I hope a couple of local newspapers might pick up.

Susan
- yes, I guess if Dan and Jill use them I could say it's because they're Verindonian! That's my excuse if they're in the next two books.

Sarah
- I'm glad your weekend was productive. Yeah, I think Rochelle should still do a few, even if the majority have less Christian content. Unfortunately, they are also hard to market when they are by Australian authors as locally run Christian bookstores usually turn their noses up at Australian Christian fiction.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow for my anxiety stuff. I didn't do too much yesterday after I got done watching a sportscar race.

Tonight, I plan to work on fan fic and some gaming, and making my chicken nachos. Other than that, I don't have too much planned.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm just doing grocery shopping and other bibs and bobs today. I've got to decide what I'm going to do about a bookstore that is refusing to pay me (or perhaps avoiding paying me is a better way of putting it) for some copies of the first two books which I know they have sold. It's a bit of a problem.

Sean - I hope your appointment goes okay.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Not much going on here, just settling back into the routine of work and life! There really wasn't much of a break in between vacation and real life and that's just the world works isn't it? ;)

It looks like Peeta is settling in, thank God! He hasn't sprayed again which makes Jason more accepting of him and he's actually coming around and asking for attention occasionally. He's still terrified of Rolph but I'm hoping that'll go away with time.

Over the weekend my parents got a Golden Retriever puppy and he's such a cutie. My Mom is thrilled she has a new baby to dote on :)

Lynne-Good luck with the book store...I can't stand people who don't pay on time.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi again everyone.

I'm now on 40mg Celxia to see if that helps to improve my mood further.

I got my pizza and liked it, then I went to sleep for a while. I probably won't work on fan fic tonight, but rather do some gaming stuff later when I get done online.

So today was pretty good. Hopefully I'll see further improvements with my mood and anxiety soon.