Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

This morning, Audi won their second 24 hour race in a week at the Nurburgring 24 hour race. Right now, I'm waiting for my parents to arrive with my groceries and such.

I don't have much else planned, though I do plan on watching the NASCAR race later on, as it's also on a road course, as well as some gaming and such. Probably no or not much fan fic work tonight, since I do have work tomorrow.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

The World Refugee Day was really fun. If you go to my Facebook page you'll see a video of me riding a camel, which I haven't done since I was eight. Little Man refused to go on it with me, so I had to take another boy from our church. The food there was great! I enjoyed two different types of baklava, a sweet dish from Togo and something else from somewhere else, and I had a cup of African Chai tea made from scratch. Yum!

Today I'm working for our business, so it should be an okay day.

Susan - that race does sound a bit disorganised. At least MM got his medal. When I first started doing giveaways on Goodreads it was restricted to new releases, but when I was looking yesterday it seems they've changed this policy, which is good news. I'd rather give away copies of The Heir than copies of The Reign, as people will be more hesitant to try book three than book one. I'll still give away the copies of The Reign that I have allocated for that, but after that I'll give away a copy of The Heir every so often to keep the book in people's faces.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

This weekend went much smoother than I anticipated, which is a relief. Jason went camping for a night with some friends last night and I was pretty worried about staying at the house alone, so I ended up taking Rolph over to my parents and staying on their couch. I'm happy that he slept pretty easily over there, considering he gets pretty worked up at new places, but thankfully he's been over there enough lately that he calmed right away.

Yard sales were fun, I got some great deals and the one wife that doesn't care for me seemed friendlier than usual. I went to a street fair with another friend last night as well. I figured since Jason was gone, I may as well enjoy the alone time!

Lynne-great news about the giveaway! Hopefully it'll help The Heir's sales. What I've read of it, I like it, so maybe I'll rate it anyway :P it's definitely on my to-read list and I'll try to make it the next new book I buy. I just bought one for spiritual development.

Song-the whole awkwardness with the wife goes back to something really stupid! Three years ago, we decided we didn't want kids at our wedding because we had it in my parents back yard (which was beautifully landscaped from the previous owners) and they only like family watching their kids, but their parents are Jason's aunt and uncle who were at the wedding since Jase is pretty close to them :) and her husband is one of Jason's closest friends and cousins and he was in the wedding, so long story short, even with like a seven month notice, she refused to come to the wedding since she doesn't trust anyone else to watch her kids. It was a bit of a weird welcome to the family! She doesn't talk to me a whole lot, mostly because I don't have kids..I think that was the most awkward part of yesterday. All the rest of the women have kids, I'm five years younger than Jason and most of his cousins, so in comparison we're behind!

I'm sorry MM's thing was such a disaster but good for him for getting a medal :) Any progress with Bug?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Just grocery shopping here today for me, but that's fine. I have a book signing on Saturday. Hopefully it will go well.

Sarah - I'm glad you had a good weekend. You know, I posted a link on my page to a guest blog I did at a friend's site. There is a giveaway copy of The Heir available for anyone who comments on her blog. Just sayin'. Go here to leave a comment.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Got home from work and had a good day. I took about a 4 hour nap when I got home. At work, we might be doing something different with my transportation. We're thinking of switching taxi companies because of them getting me there late and I'm having issues with getting stuff scheduled with them. It seems to be a problem at their office and not with their drivers, who give great service, but something IMO isn't right with the administrative/scheduling end of things at the main office.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy right now. I'm going to be making some chicken/bacon ranch wraps to eat soon, because I haven't eaten anything since this morning. I'll be looking up stuff, doing some gaming and maybe writing fan fic over the next day or so and tonight.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm up early this morning because my little brother has something to do with his father and one of his friends. So that's why I'm up now, unlike yesterday which was work related.

The latest report on my kittens is that Jade can drink from a water dish and Snowball seems to be ready to go exploring on the floor. Jade has already been exploring since last night and she's been over to the cat's food trough thing, though I don't know if she's tried eating yet.

I don't have much planned for today. Maybe working on some fan fic later and looking up some stuff and maybe some gaming later. Then it's back to work tomorrow.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm off to work for Rochelle today. She's created her own distributing business, and I need to change the details on all our books in the database that booksellers access so that they know the details of the new distributor. This means a lot of tedious form filling, so it should be a slow day. Little Man has a bit of a cold today, but I think he should be okay for school.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I just got home a while ago, and I can report that Jade and Snowball can explore on the floor and both can eat solid food.

I had a pretty good day at work and I'll be working from 12:00-3:00 on Friday. Some extra pay isn't that bad, now is it?

I'm hoping to work on some fan fic tonight and doing some gaming later on. I'll also be deciding on making chicken or fish for dinner tonight. After all, I've only really had toast so far today.

I'd also like to post this that I found this yesterday and this morning: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 099&type=1

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Rochelle was a bit down at work yesterday ... until she received an email requesting a quote on 1000 copies of one of her books. Unfortunately, it wasn't one of mine. :-( In fact, she was telling me that The Reign is not going as well as the other two. Now, it is still early days on The Reign, but it did make me feel down. Although she does seem satisfied with how much work I'm putting in to sell them, so that's something.

Today is the first normal, quiet Thursday I've had since the book launch. It's good, because school holidays start in a few days and I need to have a quiet day before that all kicks in. After holidays it will be back to shameless self promotion.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

Not much to report on in my world, just sticking to and trying to survive the grind. Jase and I took the dog to play with my parents puppy again, since it's a good way to wear both of them out and the evenings have been quite nice to enjoy the weather.

I got the latest Duck Dynasty book last night from the library and have already read most of it :) I'm definitely loving their memoirs!

Lynne-it's not shameless if your product is awesome ;) good luck!

Okay, I'm off..I'll try to get back on here tomorrow and write more!