Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi Everyone.

I slept in yesterday after my brother and father got done with yard work. I felt like crap all day yesterday and it seems that some rest did some good for me today so far.

I'll be doing the typical today as far as looking up stuff and whatever, and I hope to do some gaming and fan fic work later tonight after the NASCAR race--if they get it in. This is summer time in Florida, and if you live there or been there this time of year, you know how things go down there with thunderstorms...

I'll try and make me something to eat in a few minutes and wait for Grandma to get up so I can make her something to eat and I'll be waiting for the race tonight.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

This week flew by again, wow! I think it was because it was only a four day work week and we had to shuffle all the clients around to get Friday off but the long days felt very worth it! Yesterday was fun, I got to go shopping with my Mom in the morning before we went to Jason's Uncle's house, where pretty much the entire family was there which is a ton of people, because his Mom is one of six and then most of her siblings had several kids! We're still the only couple without kids, which is bittersweet and always awkward, but I tried to enjoy lighting off fireworks with Jason as best as I could. He's a pyromaniac so it's his favorite day of the year and he always has a great time.

Lynne-ah, okay! I thought the name sounded familiar! I love seeing all your photos, Australia looks like such a beautiful country! I just wish it wasn't a 24 hour plane ride! Are you doing much work for Rochelle these days?

Song-oh that's great news about the kids! How awesome :) What a relief that MM gets to keep his teacher! What was your dessert for dinner? :) Yes, TFIOS was fantastic, I highly recommend it. I've re-read the book now that I saw the movie and I still say it was completely right on. And I'm glad I'm not only one who didn't like the book. Yuck. So glad I didn't buy it!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

It's Sunday here today so we have church and a visit to my parents this afternoon. Yesterday was a fairly quiet day. The only noteable thing I did was plant the rose bushes I bought. I hope they will give me many, many flowers! :)

Sarah - I hope you enjoyed your fireworks. Yes, Australia is a beautiful country, and I know the commute is a killer, but it's worth it. I am doing a little for Rochelle, although it's mostly editing which I'm doing through my editing business. I'm still quite busy, so that's good.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi Everyone.

I'm waiting for my parents to show up with groceries and such and planning my day. I go back to work tomorrow and there's some stuff I wanna get done today.

If you're trying to watch the NASCAR race, well, they didn't get far before rain stopped the race again this morning. But that won't really effect my plans for today. I'll probably make a pizza for dinner like last night and do some console gaming today as well as look up some stuff.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Little Man and I are having a play date today. I hope it goes okay. The little boy's got Asperger's and ADHD so he can be challenging at times. His mum and I get on well, though.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi, SIbs!

We had MM's first appointment with the psychologist. I think it went well. I only got to stay for the first 5 minutes, but it enlightened me. When she asked him what besides stomach aches and nightmares bothered him, perhaps something that hurt, or thoughts in his head, or things happening at school, he said things at school. She asked him what kinds of things and he said "There's a lot of noise there. And the kids call me a cry baby...a lot of kids call me that." I had completely expected the cry baby response because he's mentioned that at home and his crying is the main issue I've been wanting to see someone about. But I had NOT expected the noise comment...I didn't know anything about that. Good thing parent teacher conferences are tomorrow so I can bring it up to the teachers! But he came out of the appointment smiling and all excited about how smart the psychologist is because they played several games of tic tac toe and neither of them won any of them and she said he talked her ear off, which is interesting because he's not usually that talkative with people he doesn't know. Oh to be a fly on the wall.

Lynne, good luck with the flowers! I am TERRIBLE with plants so I've been banned. I've killed every plant I've ever had, including ones that are supposed to be almost invincible. I hope you have better luck with your roses. Have you put any pictures up on FB?
How did the play date go? Bug's best friend has Aspergers and ADHD as well, but she is much better now that they got her on some medication. I used to HATE having this little girl over to play. Now she's still a bit hyper and you have to be careful how you phrase things, but at least she is not bouncing off walls and she actually LISTENS now. But I know how hard those play dates can be. Now this girl is practically part of our family, the amount of time the girls spend together. Bug went there after school today because I had to take MM to the psychologist and wasn't going to be back in time to pick her up. Then I got a message asking if she could stay there to eat dinner, so I replied that I would leave the door open so she could get in when she wanted to come home, to which she responded "Tomorrow, then." Little stinker. Hopefully Little Man will be ok with this boy and they won't get into too much trouble!
I love love loved reading all the back story you posted in response to my questions, and the stuff on your website. Fascinating. Now if we could just get a few more people to join the discussions, it would be great!

Sarah, dessert for dinner...Bug picked out an apple pastry, some cookies, and maltesers. MM picked out cookies, M&Ms, and...now I don't remember what the 3rd thing was. Oh! Chips. I had a chicken and pasta thing because I can't survive on just junk food. Super fun tradition. I hope it's something that will stick with them...kind of a "remember report card days that we always got to eat dessert for dinner?" thing. Who knows...maybe they'll carry it on with their own children. I just want them to look forward to report card days. I always got sick to my stomach with worry on report card day, terrified I would get a B. I don't want the kids to stress like that, and especially since Bug is already exhibiting signs of a fear about grades and she's only 8, dessert day is something to look forward to, no matter what grades they get. And it's fun going to the store and picking things out...they get so excited!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I went to work, then I went home? Not much of a day, huh? But I did get my first paycheck from work, now I just need to know when I'll cash it.

I'll be working 3 days in a row this week and then I have a meeting after work on Wednesday. Then the following week, I'm hoping to have an outing that involves a library visit and a trip to the town bird sanctuary so I can see a barn owl in person. So that's what I have planned longer term.

For tonight, I wanna make a pizza and do some console gaming. That's about it. Unless my brother get's home before a certain time and we can cash my check if he wants to.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

The play date went pretty well. The little boy was okay except for a bit near the end, where he started to be a bit selfish, and snatch things away from Little Man. Little Man seemed quite happy watching the Lego Movie by then anyway, so the boy's mum gave him the iPad so he could have a bit of 'self' time, and we went when the movie was done. Little Man seemed to enjoy himself, so that's good.

We've got nothing but grocery shopping on today, and tomorrow I have nothing to do at all! I'm going to have to try and think of something ...

Susan - I'm glad to hear that MM went so well! It sounds like the psychiatrist knows her stuff. Hopefully she'll put her finger on the issues quickly. No, I haven't taken photos of the rose bushes. I might do that when then get some nice blooms on them. Yes, I wish we could get some more people to join in the discussions. Lord knows, I've tried. At least it's nice that you're so interested.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I topped the long weekend off yesterday by volunteering at my Dad's air show/car show which went pretty well! It was tiring since we were out at the air port yesterday but the weather was fantastic for it :) It was nice to actually see what my Dad is so passionate about and see some of the air show acts.

It's looking like my boss has possibly found her replacement which is great but we're getting so busy she'll likely need a third part time person too, which I hope won't take too long to find! At least she'll be able to manage us while me and this new girl clean together, so I don't have to worry about her as much.

Lynne-it's on my bucket list for sure, I just may have to be sedated for it ;) Or at least have a layover somewhere. Hawaii was about five and a half hours, which felt long but I tried to entertain myself as best I could. I just get a little claustrophobic on planes.

Glad you're finding ways to keep busy and productive. Glad you guys had a fun play date and that it worked out well.

Song-I don't exactly have a green thumb either, Jason is the one planting a garden this summer and babying it.

I'm with you, dessert for dinner sounds a bit much for my stomach but I'm glad the kids enjoyed it :) What a cute idea. My Dad used to take me for ice cream in middle school when report cards came out but I think he just wanted the ice cream ;)

I'm so glad the appointment went well, what a relief to maybe start being able to get answers!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm back at home enjoying some Burger King after cashing my paycheck. Had a pretty good day at work and I have a meeting after work tomorrow to talk about some stuff and to try and plan an outing for next week.

It's been humid and rainy here, and that'll be the pattern until tomorrow night. Hopefully I can stay up later tonight than I did last night. I pretty much slept in last night. Plans the same as always, though, basically.

I hope that things go well for my meeting tomorrow.