Inheritance Series by Christopher Paolini

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Inheritance Series by Christopher Paolini

Post by Nena »

Discuss in this thread everything related to the Series.

The first book of the Inheritance Trilogy by Christopher Paolini is "Eragon". "Eragon" was released as a motion picture in the winter of 2006.
"Eldest" is the second book in the Inheritance Trilogy. Like "Eragon", it was a best-seller on the New York Times list.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Inheritance Series by Christopher Paolini

Post by una »

And Brisinger is out which is the third in what should be a four book series. I have read both Eragon and Eldest. So far, I have really enjoyed the series. I was a little disappointed in the movie, Eragon, but sometimes nothing beats what your imagination comes up with. I am very excited to read Brisinger, it's on my list of "things-to-read." :D
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
AliceC
Learning to Love Green

Post by AliceC »

I LOVE eragon,
it's my third favourite series after Twilight and HP.

True. the movie was a great disappointment. So much was missed out, too much. Like they couldn't even make Arya an elf. And, ugh, just too many details were lost. I understand that they can't ALL be put in a movie, but it would have made it a far better movie if they added the details.

*No spoilers*I bought Brisingr on the day it was released, and I throroughly enjoyed it, though as with all the excitements, I felt like the majority of the book was a bit pointless and that even if we hadn't read those parts, we could still understand the book as fine as we could with. Does that make sense?

Anyway, some of those little plots might be important for the final installment of the series. We'll have to wait and see.

: )

You. Are. Not. Leaving. Me. - Ian O'Shea
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

*runs in!*
Yay, my thread got posted!!! *does a happy dance*
First things first...
WOO HOO BRISINGR BEAT BD IN THE NY TIMES!!! WHA CHA!
Aren't we awesome?

I compare Brisingr to PotC 2, but cooler, and less plotless. It was mostly a lead up to the next book, whatever it may be called. But still awesome. Even if its just details we may or may not need to unerstand the next book, and give us something to devour so Paloni can hurry up and write the last one.

Movie=major suckness. Almost as bad as The Seeker. UNGHHHHHH....
See the Book to movie adaptions thread for my longer post on itt....
EdwardsGirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by EdwardsGirl »

I just finished Brisingr around two or three days ago.

It was amazing, I loved it! It was quite difficult to put it down and go to class.
I won't try to philosophize, I'll just take a deep breath and I'll look in your eyes.
Doodle
Learning to Love Green

Post by Doodle »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote: Movie=major suckness. Almost as bad as The Seeker. UNGHHHHHH....
See the Book to movie adaptions thread for my longer post on itt....
Totally agree! I fell alseep during it so that's how bad it was.

Also, in Brisingr, am I the only one who didn't see the Brom-being-Eragon's-Father thing coming? Quite a big shock, and I'm not one to be shocked by books very often.
"because days come and go, but my feelings for you are forever"
37yearoldfan

Post by 37yearoldfan »

una wrote:And Brisinger is out which is the third in what should be a four book series. I have read both Eragon and Eldest. So far, I have really enjoyed the series. I was a little disappointed in the movie, Eragon, but sometimes nothing beats what your imagination comes up with. I am very excited to read Brisinger, it's on my list of "things-to-read." :D

Una

I also read the first 2 books and thought they were very good. Then I saw Eragon. What a Travesty that was. They left soooooo much out. I wonder are they making Eldest into a movie?
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

37yearoldfan wrote:Una

I also read the first 2 books and thought they were very good. Then I saw Eragon. What a Travesty that was. They left soooooo much out. I wonder are they making Eldest into a movie?
Part of me feels, "why bother." Of course, the other part says, "yes" simply so they can do a better job this time. Due to the poor reception, I doubt they will.

Reminder/Request:Also, guys there is no spoiler warning on this thread, if you are going to discuss Brisinger, let's make sure we have all read it. I know there are a number of us that haven't read it yet since it was only released a couple weeks ago. So if you are going to give information away in Brisinger, please qualify it with a "*SPOILER WARNING*" so those of us that do not want to be spoiled, can skip it. Thanks! :)
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Doodle wrote:Also, in Brisingr, am I the only one who didn't see the Brom-being-Eragon's-Father thing coming? Quite a big shock, and I'm not one to be shocked by books very often.
Actually, I was kind of expecting it. Or at least, his daddy not being MOrzan. THere was enough evidence and thoerizign going around, I assumed it was going to happen.
Actaully, it seemed like most of the theories were right. Well, about half the ones I read on Wikipedia, anyways.
What I was shocked by however was
SPOILER ALERTTTTTTTTTTT (kinda, its more Eldest related, but still reveals stuffs...)

I think thats sufficent.
I had NO idea Roran and Katrina did the dirty in Eldest, so her being preggy in Brisingr WAS a shocker. I was again, expecting it, but not so soon! I thought it'd happen way later. Seriously, I didn't notice it at all when I read Eldest, so its was a "holy crap, how'd that happen?!?" thing. Did anyone else notice that? Anyone?
I swear, that was more subtle than SM...
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I just want to know how you people can like this series. Eragon was good, not fantastic or amazing. But I thought it would be a good start to a really good series. I just about died reading Eldest, but I felt like I had to read it because my grandparents spent $25 on it for me. The whole Eldest books was so boring, long, and pointless. All he even did was commune with nature and make a fool of himself. His cousin's story was interesting, but there wasn't enough of it to make me like the book. I hated the whole ants thing where he was like, "I cannot eat meat anymore." Snore!! Who cares about a vegetarian agenda? I want action!!! Then he just acted like such an idiot over that girl it frustrated me. It was like, "Dude!! She doesn't like you, get the message!!" It was so boring. And the worst kind of boring-the long kind. I can't even bring myself to read the 3rd one.
And I think the reason why Brisingr beat out BD is because everyone that cares about BD had already bought it. I see no one with any of the Eragon books or even talking about them, but everywhere I turn someone's reading the Twilight series. And BD got a midnight release in my town. Brisingr did not. So I really thing that BD was more successful than Brisingr.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com