Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mrs.Cullen1710
Wandering Through Town

Re: Nikki Reed as Rosalie

Post by Mrs.Cullen1710 »

I think she is beautiful :) but the only problem I have is that the blonde hair doesnt really fit her :?
fiish3
Wandering Through Town

Post by fiish3 »

:swoon: :swoon:
Last edited by fiish3 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

fiish3 wrote:Hmmm, Nikki looks too old to play rosalie, and rosalie being compared to as the most beautiful vampire well i thought maybe they could get someone a bit more prettier. Not that Nikki isnt pretty but i just can't see her as Rosalie. Its funny though how she and Kristen are like best friends and in twilight they hate each other.

I wondered if Keira Knightly would make a good rosalie, just dye her hair blonde.
But yeah, i can't complain because so far in the twilight tuesday interviews she seems really promising
I would say no...I don't think Keira Knightly has that most beautiful person in the world look. She's pretty, but not the most beautiful.

I just watched some of the interviews from MTV with Nikki...I'm liking her more.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

fiish3 wrote:Hmmm, Nikki looks too old to play rosalie, and rosalie being compared to as the most beautiful vampire well i thought maybe they could get someone a bit more prettier. Not that Nikki isnt pretty but i just can't see her as Rosalie. Its funny though how she and Kristen are like best friends and in twilight they hate each other.

I wondered if Keira Knightly would make a good rosalie, just dye her hair blonde.
But yeah, i can't complain because so far in the twilight tuesday interviews she seems really promising

Right? haha i thought i was the only one who found Kristen and Nikki's friendship ironic. I don't know about Kiera Knightly as Rosalie though- i just can't get the image in my head for that. Like i said before i wasn't so sure about Nikki for Rosalie, but her interviews on her character have me gaining confidence in her. She seems really committed to the role and in my opinion she definitely has Rosalie spot-on.
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
(E.C.Is.Mine)
Wandering Through Town

Post by (E.C.Is.Mine) »

I think Nikki Reed will do an okay job as Rosalie, but I don't think anyone else could do a perfect job. Nobody. Simply because Rosalie is described as the most beautiful/pretty person alive, nobody can fill that position, and Nikki admits that "those are pretty hard shoes to fill" in one of her interviews. Overall, she'll be okay. :D
Suffering from bad cases of OCD and OBD.

Check out my fanfics. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1699752/omf ... s-my-lover
lara
Settled in Forks

Post by lara »

I always pictured someone more like Laura Vandervoort for Rosalie. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3078264576/nm0888882

When I heard Nikki was cast I thought it was ALL BAD, but she's growing on me. I can see that's she's channeling Rose, so I'm getting over her not-so-stunning looks and bad die job. ;)
"My apologies, dog." - Edward Cullen, Eclipse
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by NKistheshiz »

She's one of my favorite actresses and when I found out she was gonna be playing Rosalie, I was a bit surprised. I had seen her in other movies and I thought she was pretty but wasn't sure she could pull of the "Rosalie look." I'm still not too sure about it. I'll have to wait and see the movie.
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by NKistheshiz »

Mrs.Cullen1710 wrote:I think she is beautiful :) but the only problem I have is that the blonde hair doesnt really fit her :?
Oh my Gawd, I totally agree. I've seen her in a pictures and clips. It's just like, for me, "Oh Gawd..." her hair looks so fake when it's blond. I don't know why, it just looks that way to me.
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Valentina »

I think I will always picture Scarlett Johansson as Rose... or at least until I see the movie. I don't have any issues with the casting, though. Nikki might be a better Rose than Scarlett would've! And I tend to think they would've had a hard time getting someone like Scarlett... and I'm glad that the Twilight movie isn't a star studded affair... that just gets distracting.
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

NKistheshiz wrote:
Mrs.Cullen1710 wrote:I think she is beautiful :) but the only problem I have is that the blonde hair doesnt really fit her :?
Oh my Gawd, I totally agree. I've seen her in a pictures and clips. It's just like, for me, "Oh Gawd..." her hair looks so fake when it's blond. I don't know why, it just looks that way to me.

Probably cause it is...she's wearing a wig.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!