The Beatles

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

The Beatles

Post by Nena »

This thread is to discuss everything about The Beatles, their music, their lives, etc.
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: The Beatles

Post by shanon »

I love the Beatles~ rockin' since '79! :D
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
Mrs.EdwardCullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by Mrs.EdwardCullen »

I really don't care for The Beatles. One of my friends is Beatles crazy, though. She has a puzzle with Madonna, and then the rest of the Beatles. FREAKY!!! :lol: Just kidding!
Here's the code:
Jacob: "I told you so."
Bella: "Did you know that I told you so has a brother? His name is shut the hell up."
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

I absolutely adore the Beatles. I'm going to have a Beatles cover band at my wedding party...I can't wait!!!
I can say I'm a Beatles freak: all the albums, books, posters, photos, mugs.
In my opinion, they really made a revolution in music...all the new bands, from rock to indie to pop ones, should thank them for the innovation and new ideas they brought into music.
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

dimber~ very well put!! I agree 100% :D
congrats on your upcoming wedding!
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

I love the Beatles I am a huge fan. Ever since I was little my parents always had a Beatles Album going so I came to love them. I think they influenced so many great artists today. I am going to say that my favorite Beatle songs are "Come Together" "Penny Lane" "Dear Prudence" "Strawberry Fields" "Across the Universe" and John Lennons "Imagine"
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

shanon wrote:dimber~ very well put!! I agree 100% :D
Thanks, Shannon...I'm still undecided between two cover bands: the first one prefers the psychedelic period while the second prefers the first years, about 1960-1965. It's hard to decide because I love almost everything by the Beatles...and here it comes my question for the Beatles' fans on the Lex:

Which period and/or album do you like most and why?

I'll think of it today and come back with an answer tonight...have a nice day you all!!!!

GOOD DAY SUNSHINE!!!! (this is a McCartney's one though) :D

LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

Yay! I love The Beatles!! :D

they are all over my bullitin board :D ( I have to update a little with Twilight though ;) )
I love them and their songs so much :D
I'm a Beatle-freak :D
Last edited by LionandLamb123 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

dimber wrote:
shanon wrote:dimber~ very well put!! I agree 100% :D
Thanks, Shannon...I'm still undecided between two cover bands: the first one prefers the psychedelic period while the second prefers the first years, about 1960-1965. It's hard to decide because I love almost everything by the Beatles...and here it comes my question for the Beatles' fans on the Lex:

Which period and/or album do you like most and why?

I'll think of it today and come back with an answer tonight...have a nice day you all!!!!

GOOD DAY SUNSHINE!!!! (this is a McCartney's one though) :D
Wow! That is a tough one...I really love Abbey Road, but since I'm such a fanatic, It's very hard to pick just one...A couple wedding possibilities (in my opinion) would be "Something" and "All my Loving", and of coures, "All You Need Is love". Prob. not the greatest for a first dance, but maybe something to throw into the mix. :)
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Shanon Luckily enough, we don't have the first dance tradition any more here in Italy, I'm a bit like Bella when it comes to dancing...lol :D

Since I don't want my wedding party to be the usual boring dinner party with some unknown band boring everyone's pants off with silly love songs I was thinking about the Beatles cover band singing a wide and good collection during dinner and then...karaoke for eveyone!!!!! :D

Going back to my own question though, it's really to pick up a period or song. I'd say the psychedelic years, from 1965 to 1968 are probably my favourite...I love the absolutely crazy lyrics, such as I am the walrus :lol Two of my favourite songs are Across the Universe and Norwegian Wood, but I must confess With a Little Help from My Friends and Lady Madonna are perfect to sing in the shower :lol: