Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BerAngelVamp
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Just Ian

Post by BerAngelVamp »

ouch...ian...kinda iffy about him...i don't really know so much about him to say how awesome he is...he does some awesome things though...like be patient for wanda...the part where he stayed with her in the hole (love that quote, but my mom has my book so i can't give it verbatum) was pretty cool. and the most famous quote "i held you in my hand wanderer, and you were so beautiful" was definately a favorite of mine. nice guy, slightly realistic guy also, which makes it better. ;)
~Amber
ClaudiaCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by ClaudiaCullen »

BerAngelVamp wrote:ouch...ian...kinda iffy about him...i don't really know so much about him to say how awesome he is...he does some awesome things though...like be patient for wanda...the part where he stayed with her in the hole (love that quote, but my mom has my book so i can't give it verbatum) was pretty cool. and the most famous quote "i held you in my hand wanderer, and you were so beautiful" was definately a favorite of mine. nice guy, slightly realistic guy also, which makes it better. ;)
Word that was the best. I cried haha. Hes so adorable. At first i was like eh he tried to kill her but then i saw how sweet he was and feel in amor. :)
There can be guys like him there just hidden in caves in deserts ;)
3 perfect men
IAN O'SHEA
EDWARD ANTHONY MASEN CULLEN AND JASPER HALE <333
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

well let's see hm... Ian?.... I love Ian he's a naturally good person who overcame his hate for souls because of love. I thought it was cute how he would even go against his brother just because of Wanda it was really cute. The most romantic thing ever though was how he gave the bag of cheethos to Wanda. I thought it was a thoughtful gesture that explained or rather had more significance than a dozen roses. i myself would rather get a bag of cheethos instead of chocolates......... or not but I really do think he's a good hearted romantic and supportive character. :D
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
SoulLife
Settled in Forks

Post by SoulLife »

I think Ian's my favorite cause he's almost in a way a less perfect and more human no pun intended versoin of Edward. It give hope that maybe a guy this great really is out there
bookluvverx4
Settled in Forks

Post by bookluvverx4 »

When I read Twilight, I was absolutely in love with Jacob Black. But then I read "The Host" and I think Ian comes slightly before my werewolf. He'd be the perfect guy for anyone if he was real....he's tough and strong but he's also romantic, funny, and patient. He is the best male character I've ever read about. About the physical description someone wanted....I think he was tall, with black hair and blue eyes like Kyle, yet he had a much gentler face. When he wasn't in the story I was always thinking, "Where's Ian?" and felt so happy when he returned. Wanda is lucky to have him...I absolutely ADORE Ian! I'm going to find a load of graphics about him! I don't want my future Prince Charming anymore, I want my future Ian O'Shea and Jacob Black.... :oops:
TEAM JACOB ALL THE WAY! TEAM O'SHE...PROOF THAT NOT ALL GUYS ARE THE SAME!
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

im pretty sure ian is the reason i love the host more than twilight! he is just so perfect. the way he is so chivalrous and perfect..he really changed throughout the book...he started out almost killing wanda being the one to try and strangle her...he was just so great. i loved how he wouldnt let anyone toucj her when she was in the cryotank

this book...and ian made me realize how good of a writter stephenie meyer is...she knows how to tell a story with everything i want to read in it...i hope she continues to write.
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
ClaudiaCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by ClaudiaCullen »

ians such a sweetie.
I was rereading some stuff and omg he's so amazing.
Stephenie really knows her stuff to make us GUSH.
she makes the best male characters lol :p
Ian though is my fav in the host.
:)
3 perfect men
IAN O'SHEA
ClaudiaCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by ClaudiaCullen »

deven wrote:im pretty sure ian is the reason i love the host more than twilight! he is just so perfect. the way he is so chivalrous and perfect..he really changed throughout the book...he started out almost killing wanda being the one to try and strangle her...he was just so great. i loved how he wouldnt let anyone toucj her when she was in the cryotank

this book...and ian made me realize how good of a writter stephenie meyer is...she knows how to tell a story with everything i want to read in it...i hope she continues to write.
I really hope she makes a sequal. I MUST know what happens lol :p
3 perfect men
IAN O'SHEA
haiau
Settled in Forks

Post by haiau »

How old is Ian? I read The Host twice and couldn't find the answer. SM only mentioned Melaine's and Jared's ages. Thanks!!
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

haiau wrote:How old is Ian? I read The Host twice and couldn't find the answer. SM only mentioned Melaine's and Jared's ages. Thanks!!
i dont know the exact age but he is around the same age as jared...which is about 30...because at the end wanda lied about her age so she woundlt have to go throught the same thing as mel did.
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict