A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chapter 7 ~ Nightmare

Post by X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?
I like some of their stuff. But whilst I was reading it I never imagined it to be anything like Linkin Park xD Phil's music taste seemed okay to me.

2. In Bella's nightmare, did you think Bella was in danger, if so from whom?

I had no idea xD I didn't think she was in danger from Jacob, or Edward.

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?
Yes, slightly, Jacob's stories scared me xD but I never expected her to get hurt.

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?
Yes, completely. : )

5. Did your impressions of Renee and Charlie change at all this chapter?
Not really, my opinions had more or less stayed the same. : )
It's not faith if you use your eyes.
MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?
Personally, Linkin Park is not my kind of music. It makes sense to be Phil's kind of music because I have been to lots of minor league baseball games and that heavy rock is what they mostly play.
I thought she was in danger of Edward.
3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?
No I wasn't nervous. I think being outdoors is a good place to unwind and think about things.
4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?
No I didn't
No they didn't really change.
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

They are okay, I don't really listen to them that much, but I do like some of their stuff.
Phil's music taste is okay, I guess, again I don't really listen to Linkin Park that much so I don't feel like i should judge.

No, I didn't think she was in danger.

Yes. Bella is a magnet for danger so i just thought 'Bella you shouldn't be going in there alone.'

No. Not at first, but when I read the book over again it did have me thinking.

Not really.
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

They are alright. It doesn't seem like something she'd listen to. I don't know why..But its okay.

I wasn't really sure.

A little, I wouldn't do that!

No.

Nope.
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
EmeraldLace
Settled in Forks

Post by EmeraldLace »

Linkin Park is okay, I like some of their stuff. 8-) Phil is ummm...dunno.
Again, I can't say without it being biased.
No...
Probably, well I know so in Midnight Sun.
No
*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

Linkin Park isn't one of my favorites anymore, BUT I did really like them when I was Bella's age. I do love their CD "Minutes to Midnight" now that's a great CD and not a "loud" as their other ones :-)

I thought maybe it was her subconscious telling her to stay away from Edward.

Yea, the whole time I couldn't shake the feeling that SOMEONE or SOMETHING was watching her...spooky!

It did cross my mind. I felt like someone was watching her, for sure. I wondered if it was something other than Edward.

I honestly don't remember...
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
Sturpherz
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sturpherz »

I love Linkin Park! I think was a very suitable C.D. for this particular scene. As for Phil’s taste in music, I think I shows his age very well.

No, I think her subconscious was trying to tell the answer to her questions about Edward.

1. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?

Yes, I was waiting for something to jump out and try to attack her!

Yes! I am almost positive that he was!

No my impressions of them pretty much stayed the same throughout the saga, but my like for them absolutely grew!
"The most important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become..."
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

I didn't know it was Linkin Park until after I read the book for the first time, in reading it the second time I don't think I would have guessed that it was Linkin Park based on Stephenie's description. I like a lot of stuff they do, but not everything. I think Phil has good, modern taste in music.

The only danger I felt Bella was in was one that she couldn't see herself right away. I felt like she was in danger of losing Edward, either because she was scared off by him, her preconceived notions or other peoples opinions. I could tell that she was beginning to have feelings of not being able to live without him, though she doesn't seem to know it yet.

Yes, I had no idea who would be out there.

I suspected he might be near by, but I wasn't sure.

It was nice to get to see a little more interaction with Charlie and Bella but my overall impressions didn't change of either of them. It's kind of sad how Charlie either works or disappears all the time. He's not very observant, but having Bella there is something new and maybe difficult for him.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
corinnejca
Wandering Through Town

Post by corinnejca »

I haven't listened to Linkin Park since I was in high school (at least 5 years ago) so I don't really think much of them... I can't remember what they sound like. My sister likes them? I do think Phil's taste in music shows just how young he is. He must be a lot younger than Renee.

I did think she was in danger, and from Edward. Not in real life though, just in her nightmare! I mean, come on, he was baring his teeth which had turned into fangs and said:
Trust me (p.131)
Sounds like he was about to bite Jacob and then come after Bella next.

Yes. I was thinking "you just had a nightmare that took place in the woods, and now you're going in the woods? What are you thinking?!"

I didn't think it the first time I read it, but the second or third time it definitely dawned on me that he was probably watching her to make sure she was being safe.
I sat up in surprise, realizing the light was gone, behind the trees, and I had fallen asleep. I looked around, muddled, with the sudden feeling that I wasn't alone. (p.148)

Not really. My first impressions usually stick with me.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I honestly don't know the group.

From Jacob because Edward never seemed dangerous to me.

I honestly thought Edward was going to show up or a wolf :oops:

No but after reading Midnight Sun...

Nope.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3