Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilight1
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Imrpint

Post by twilight1 »

1. How do you feel about imprinting?

Idk about how other people feel about it, but I think it's really weird and honestly a little creepy especily how they imprint on little kids and I HATE that jake imprinted on renesme even thou it did make things come together. sry kind of rambling :P

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?

Not really, its pretty sad i guess but i have more of a heart 4 vampires not werewolves lol :lol:

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?

Not really if i was jake i probally wouldv'e done the same thing :?

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?

umm she was leading him on but she wasn't trying to idk

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?

Disadvantage? seeing everything u ever think nuff said. Advantage would be the whole calling 2 each other from far away and other wolfy stuff i guess.
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

Well, i think it's great. But it does creep me out a little when it comes to imprinting on babies, just a tad bit creepy.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?
Yes, it shows that they can't always control the things around them and imprinting is just one of those unlucky circumstances.

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?
Yes, that wasn't fair at all and jacob should grow up.

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?

Yes, Jacob always reads things the wrong way so its always not best to give him such kind of hope.

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

Hey, I think it could happen. Nothing is impossible.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compassionate towards them? Why or why not?
I feel compassionate for them anyway. I think that Sam's story makes me feel more for Sam, not the group as a whole.

I think it was wrong for him to do it in the context that he did. I do think Edward needed to know what happened when he left, though.

Not really, in my opinion.

The main advantage is that they can know instantly when one is in danger, and the main disadvantage is the fact that there is nothing that is yours alone anymore.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

Uh, its cool, I guess. I think it would be nice to find love that way. I kinda wished it happened in real life so everyone knew exactly who they were supposed to be with. No more awkward dating or flirting...yeah that'd nice.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compassionate towards them? Why or why not?
Not really. I dont see how his story would make me feel compassionate for the pack. I feel sorry and Leah and Sam, yeah, but no one else.

No, I was really glad that he did. Ever since Edward returned I was hoping that he could somehow see what he did to Bella. Just so he would know just how much Bella missed him and needed him.

Yes. She knows she does not like Jake as much as Edward, so why keep leading him on? It makes no sense. I dont care how good of friends you are with someone, you don't hold their hand when you already have a boyfriend. She's cheating on Edward, thats how i see it.

A-fighting, coordinating, no secrets, more closer bonds form
D- no secrets, personal information shared
MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

I am not so sure I like the whole imprinting idea. It just seems like an easy way out of finding your soul mate. I think the search for them is part of the process. But it would be nice to have someone look at you and fall madly in love with you.
I do feel sorry for Sam, Leah, and Emily. But it doesn't really change the way I feel about them. I never really disliked them and I still like them so no feelings have changed. But I do not like how Sam blames the Cullens for everything. I know he does not know that the Cullens are the good vampires, so I can't be too upset with Sam for being ignorant.
No, honestly Edward deserved it. If I was Bella I would not have forgiven Edward so easliy for leaving. I would have made him work a little harder than he did.
Yes, I really wish she wouldn't lead Jacob on and who knows she might love him and not know about it. It just seems like cheating to me by going behind Edward's back and being that close with him.

lee7
Settled in Forks

Post by lee7 »

At first i found it totally stange and wierd especially when the wolves would imprint on like infants. but as i read more about it and got more used to it and thought more deeply about it i ended up really liking imprinting becacuse it just seemed amazing how the two would have such a strong bond and they would always love eachother!!!

Yes matter of fact when i found out sams story it really made me like him! i hated him at first but i ended up loving sam :]

I found it very cruel what jacob did here! because he didnt know edwards side of the story and why he left in the first place. plud edward was already in a lot of pain! but then again so was jacob so i understand why he did it.

Oh my gosh that made me so mad i felt so bad for jacob cuz like im all for u know edward and bella and everything but i always felt sad for jacob b.c. he loved her to. and when he imprinted on renesme i totally understood why cuz it was a part of bella.

I think it has its advantages when they are in need of knowing where the others are or to communicate and attack. but the whole personal thing would drive me crazy!!
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by NKistheshiz »

I like the idea of imprinting. I think it's pretty awesome. Imprinting on someone is like finding your soulmate. It's an easy way of finding your true love.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compassionate towards them? Why or why not?I don't feel that much different about the wolves, but I do feel compassionate towards them. Especially towards Leah. I feel so bad for her. The man that she thought she was in love with just totally ditched her for another women. That hurts - a lot.

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her? No, I think that Edward needed to see what he had done to Bella to prove that she does truly love him and only wants to be with him, also to see how much he means to her.

I think that they mean that she likes him more than she should. Like she says that she loves him, but just in a different way than Edward. I think she tries to change her actions towards Jake after she realizes that she's in love with him because she is trying to convince herself that she's not.

One disadvantage is that they like have to see everything and sometimes there are things that probably should be kept to yourself and not be projected in front of a whole pack. One advantage is that you can always tell how they're feeling and, most of the time, where they are or if they're gonna hurt themselves. You can save them because you know ahead of the time what they're thinking.
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. How do you feel about imprinting? I'm okay with it.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not? I've always felt compassionate towards them because they are the protectors of their tribe. They take their job seriously. I felt that I understood Sam better after hearing his story.

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her? Once again, Jacob- you eeeediot! I felt that he was being spiteful and mean. It's hard for me to look at their love triangle objectively, though. I didn't have a guy for a best friend while I was dating my hubby; he IS my best friend... so I can't say that I agree with everything that goes on here.

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say? I think it does. Hmm, "I'll come see you when my boyfriend is away" is quite sneaky. I'm glad they worked out a solution to this problem later... I just don't know that I could have agreed with all her sneaking around behind Edward's back. Bella knows that Jake loves her the way that she loves Edward, yet she is weak when it comes to discouraging his advances.

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones? Obviously, the advantages are that it helps in a fight and tracking enemies. The disadvantages are that your personal private moments are there for everyone to see.
Lauren Hale
Learning to Love Green

Post by Lauren Hale »

-I think that the whole concept of it kind of goes back to when the men ruled the house hold and it makes me think of arranged marriage type things, however i think that at the same time what the wolves feel for the people they imprint upon is truely amazing as described...i mean if it is truely possible for them to care so much for one person at first sight, then i dont think imprinting is so bad.

-I dont believe there was ever a time when i didnt feel some sort of compassion for them...they just seem so cuddly... :oops: . Sam's story kind of made me realize how dangerous it could be for bella to be around them, however i never stopped to say; Bella should NOT go hang with Jake, just because i think jake cared so much for her that he wouldnt let himself or any of the other wolves slip up and do something...no matter how hard it was for them.

- yes, because, we all know that edward was truely sorry for leaving, and in a way i believe he experienced the same type of "feelings" when he was gone.

-I believe she mis lead him accidentally, i think in Jake's mind she was saying; "i'll be with you secretly when hes gone". But in her mind i think she was just trying to be a good friend.

-Dis0advantages: one of them could spill to people what they are really thinking, and it would be middle school drama all over again.
-Advantages: I believe it gave the pack a chance to really know who each of them are...by seeing someones thoughts, you really can sculpt oput who that person is and try to better understand their decisions and actions.
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mistytwilight85 »

Ummm..... I've got to say, it's a little weird. It's kind of cool though. I mean when it happens, that person becomes your world. There is no commitment issues, or breaking up or stuff like that. It's true love. Something that will not die down later like a normal relationship. It's just a much deeper level.

Not really differently, just sad. After hearing what Sam had to go through by himself it made me realize how hard it was for him and how he is really a good person. At first I didn't like Sam in New Moon, but now I can see his side of the story and it is very sad what he had to go through espiically the whole Leah/Emily thing. You could see he felt horrible about it.

Yes and no. I don't think that he should have done it the way he did out of spite, but I think Edward should have seen what he did to Bella in some way. I don't think Edward ever truely understands the level of devotion that Bella has for him. He doesn't think she can love him as much as he loves her. It was a cruel thing for Jake to do, but I think it had to happen sometime.

Ummm..... Yes and no, Jake knows how she feels about him. He knows she will never love him the way he loves her. Bella is trying to be a good friend to him, but I think she just doesn't realize how much it could hurt Jake to think that maybe someday he might have a chance.

Advantages: being able to communicate to get the pack to work together during fights and for protecting the village.
Disadvantages: all their personal thoughts are layed out so EVERYONE can see. Look at all the info about Sam. That is sooo personal, but everyone knows about it because of the thought connections.