Dying to Dye

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Dying to Dye

Post by Pel »

Are you a hair dye fanatic? Do you dye your hair so much that you don't remember what your natural color is? Well this is the place for you!

You can talk about ANYTHING and I mean anything, about coloring your hair in this thread...

A place where it doen't matter if you're blonde, brunnette, red-head, ebony, purple, green, or a multitude of colors... Very Happy

STAY ON TOPIC!!!!!!!
Love
Settled in Forks

Re: Dying to Die

Post by Love »

Oh yes, I've dyed my hair multiple times since about the 7th grade.
I do know what my natural color is though - but I don't remember it
I have seen in pictures that its a nice looking light brown/blonde color

But I have been dying my hair dark brown for about 4 years now, so that is what I am used too. :)
His arms wrapped around me, holding me against him, summer and winter.
It felt like every nerve ending in my body was a live wire.
Gabbie
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gabbie »

Ahh hair dye is wonderful.
I love getting mine done!

I vaguely remember what my natural colour is, but I've had it coloured and streaked since I was like 9. And at the moment it's like 850 million different colours..it really needs to be re done. :shock:
I'm thinking I want to dye it a really dark but rich brown colour. :D
Thanks Lizzy! <3 (AGF)
BlueOrchid
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BlueOrchid »

I'm naturally blonde, but right now I'm sporting a lovely shade of red. However the summer sun has really faded it, so I think a revamp is in order. Hooray! I love dying my hair so I'll be excited redo it.
Iris Messenger
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Iris Messenger »

i'm naturally a very dark brunette — but i'd absolutely love to have purple streaks. i'm afraid of what the chemicals used to bleach my hair would do to it though — right now it's naturally really thick and soft ... and my mother doesn't like hair dye and would probably be concerned if i started sporting multi-colored hair.
http://portabellaswan.wordpress.com/ <--- fanfiction/twilight blog
http://twilightirc.wordpress.com/ <--- twilight chat
click on banner for graphics gallery

banner and avatar made by me: i take requests
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

I'm naturally a very light sandy blonde, but I've been platnium, jet black, 3 different color's of brown, and then a weird shade of blonde that actually looked a little orange... I'm FINALLY letting it gorw out and not dying it until all the black is gone.
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Haha, you might want to consider changing the title from "Dying to Die" to "Dying to Dye." It's a bit misleading... I thought this thread was for suicidal people and I was just like :shock:

I would love to dye by hair but I made a bet with my uncle and I'll get a lot of money if I can go all the way through college without dying it.. I'll wait.
BlueOrchid
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BlueOrchid »

For those who are curious about dye but have never tried before I would suggest that you try semi permanent first. That way there's no roots and less damage. I like Natural Instincts if you just want to experiment.
EvenFreaksNeedLove
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by EvenFreaksNeedLove »

um... maybe it'd be a good idea to fix the spelling in the title... cuz I mean it makes it sound really depressing, this thread. Shouldn't it be dying to dye?
What do I look like? The Wizard of Oz? You need a brain? You need a heart? Go ahead. Take mine. Take everything I have.
JB<3
jillmarie724
Settled in Forks

Post by jillmarie724 »

That would be a good idea. I actually read it and thought that it was about Bella-of course being the little Twilight obsessed freak that I am.

I got my first (and only) perm in 7th grade-at the same time I got my first hilights. The perm I absolutely hated but getting the color done was amazing. I loved the smell of the dye. I am naturally, I believe, a dirty blonde color? Who knows. That's what my previous hair dresser told me. Now I have a new hair dresser. Her name is Melissa and she is my best friend. I have her on speed dial. If I see roots I'll talk to my mom and then call Melissa to make an appointment. I think I may be going a bit overboard though.