General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The Honeymoon

Post by AgentCross »

Wish.I.may wrote:Me being only thirteen, I was kinda glad that Stephenie didn't go too in depth. I'm not a fan of lemons. Probably won't be for a while.
True, but when you're 16 or 19. You might find it lacking. Sometimes less is more and sometimes.... we want and need juicy details.... :mrgreen:
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
LivesAmongTheStars
Learning to Love Green

Post by LivesAmongTheStars »

Throwing in my two cents...

Now, I'm a big fan of detail – but honestly, I think Stephenie did a fantastic job writing the honeymoon scenes. Obviously, as a YA book, she couldn't breach the PG-13 rating, but that was okay with me. I think she used just enough description that someone with a very active imagination (like me), was able to 'fill in the blanks'.
I thought the overall ambience on the island was beautiful. Besides, as much as we all wanted to get a more intimate (no pun intended) look at Edward... there are some things that are beyond description. ;)
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

AgentCross wrote:
Wish.I.may wrote:Me being only thirteen, I was kinda glad that Stephenie didn't go too in depth. I'm not a fan of lemons. Probably won't be for a while.
True, but when you're 16 or 19. You might find it lacking. Sometimes less is more and sometimes.... we want and need juicy details.... :mrgreen:

XD lemons...haha that made me laugh. I must say thought i'm 17 and didn't really want the juicy details in that situtation- though i didn't mind 'em in Eclipse hahaha
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
stef
Settled in Forks

Post by stef »

i thought it was ok, although i wouldnt have minded a few more details...i wonder if Forever Dawn was more detailed in those parts...
Golden Eyed Glory
Settled in Forks

Post by Golden Eyed Glory »

I pretty much agree with most people. She did a good job keeping it tastseful and clean, making sure that the younger audience wasn't freaked out or their parents for that matter. Personally, I wouldn't have minded more, even just more pre-kissing like Eclipse, but she gave us enough to work with. All in all she did a beautiful job.
Edward Anthony Masen Cullen: "I bit a pillow. Or two." "No, I don't care if you bite Jacob. That's fine." Jake: "Shut up, Seth." Seth: "Shutting."
em's_twilight
Settled in Forks

Post by em's_twilight »

I understand what you guys are saying. In my first post on this topic, i kinda was only looking at the bad side of things. But when i thought about it a little more i realized that what if SM had this huge description of the sex scene? What would that leave to the imagination? If we were told what happened then it would really be that short high feeling. The relief of reading that, but when its over you just shrug and think to yourself 'Well thats what iv been waiting for, now what?' Not saying it would be a bad description, because... well because its Edward and Bella. No going wrong there ha ha ;)

It just bugged me how abrupt the 'sex scene' ended, at least for me it was really really abrupt. I recently read a YA book that had a sex scene in it, and it didnt have a hardcore description, but it was just right, you know? It built up and then the foreplay and then the scene would fade out just when they were actually going to do the deed. I wanted more building up for BD ya know? I was like... island, bedroom, swimming, next morning. I felt like it hadnt built up enough to make me blush, and i really wanted to blush ha ha :lol: 8-) Cant there be a YA description up the point of actual penetration (sorry i just thought that was the appropriate word) :mrgreen:
Our Icy Affection
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Our Icy Affection »

^^^ Exactly.

I really think Eclipse was more steamy. Especially when Bella rips her top off. Oh the good days. :D

I would have liked more of a less cut off. like they just started swimming. SWIMMING?!?! I WAS WAITING TO BLUSH TOO! lol

but i know stephenie meyer wanted to make it so that all ages could read it without freaking them out. but still. she could have had those cute steamy conversations. and they're kisses. and then when it got too much, she could say then we started what i had been waiting for ever since i met edward and cut it off. :D

over all i liked the setting. bella really needed his icy skin because of the tropical weather. i thought that added to it. She NEEDED edward. She couldn't keep of him, literally. lol

i also thought when the maid saw them kissing was funny. she was like ome! :)
~The name's Affection, Our Icy Affection, but you can call me Icy for short~
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

Golden Eyed Glory wrote:I pretty much agree with most people. She did a good job keeping it tastseful and clean, making sure that the younger audience wasn't freaked out or their parents for that matter. Personally, I wouldn't have minded more, even just more pre-kissing like Eclipse, but she gave us enough to work with. All in all she did a beautiful job.
I agree
ColormeBSG
Tamran
Settled in Forks

Post by Tamran »

i agree with just about everyone here. when i think about it or was trying to explain to a friend that it's "tame" i had to just take the book out and read it to her so she would understand. for her.. it wasn't enough. some people want all the huge details. for me... it was enough. being a woman in her 30's and having a great imagination i came up with my own ideas. ya know what.. i actually kinda liked it that way to be honest. because someone else putting it in words sometimes ruins that for me. not saying that a tad bit more detail wouldn't have hurt...ha! the pillow biting and bed being broke..was a great visual for me to go where i needed with it..lol.

she did a great job as a whole though. but i do agree with some of you that said the scenes in eclipse were hotter. but i think for what it was, that's why. i'm so strange i swear...lol. it's hard to always get it out in words what i mean...lol.
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

ahh... the honeymoon on isle esme was great! i mean there could have been a bit more of description to be a bit more captivating- but the point was made in a PG-13 way for anyone to understand.
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3