Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Re: James

Post by bella fiori »

Poor James. The guy wasn't around long enough.
mlola619 wrote:i love reading about those types of characters; it gives the story depth because you can't help but wonder "How the HECK did they get like this??"
Yeah, what happened to make him the way he is? He's positively frightening.

"I've never seen anything like him in my three hundred years. He's absolutely lethal." ~ Laurent
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

James is interesting to me for 2 main reasons.

1) He terrified Laurent. Laurent admits to joining his coven mainly out of fear for James' power. That just made an impression on me.

2) He killed the vampire that turned Alice into a vampire but let Alice live. Obviously, he wanted her blood and she was useless to him in that respect after being turned, but why leave her alive and kill the other vampire? What was going through his mind then?
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

wow. James is a pretty interesting character. yeah, i definately wonder how he got he got the way he is. i mean, he even scared Laurent! plus he WANTED Edward to come after him, that's why he taped the whole Bella-attack thing. definately a very complex-if sadistic-personality.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

James was awesome. I want some more. Not only is he evil and wants to kill Bella, but he's also NOT SUPER BEAUTIFUL!

That makes him uber-cool, because all this immortal goddess beauty stuff is getting... meh. >.>
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

Okay James...well i have to say that i think that he is pretty interesting i mean if you really think about it he wasn't after bella he was mostly after Edward...why...well what i think is that he was jeallous of what edward had aka love, friendship, family, etc. and that is why he went after them....and also while i was reading the book i couldn't help but picture him being really, really, hot like in a bad boy way... seriously..... but i just can't help but like him even though he wanted to kill bella so that he could get edward to come after him....
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

The movie doesn't potray James correctly. The veiw him as an evil vampire who loves to kill Bella, who mocks her, who wants to torture her.

What it SHOULD be is, friendly to Bella, nothing against her, saying she's was at the wrong time, place, etc., but he just wants to fight with Edward. Kind of the same way Emmett loves fighting an irratated bear, but that doesn't mean he's evil and Edward is like Jame's "irratated grizzly"

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

i've never thought much of james other than the fact that he is lethal and scary -- sheesh. he send shivers down my spine in the ballet studio.
now..
I LOVE him. all because of cam gigandet. such a shame he dies. that man is so hot, i wouldn't mind if james was a main character or something..mm...yeah...anyways.
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

malaz wrote:i've never thought much of james other than the fact that he is lethal and scary -- sheesh. he send shivers down my spine in the ballet studio.
now..
I LOVE him. all because of cam gigandet. such a shame he dies. that man is so hot, i wouldn't mind if james was a main character or something..mm...yeah...anyways.
I agree it is a big shame that he dies especially with him being all hot and sexy. :D
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

WishIWasACullen wrote:Ugh James is sadistic, a genuine psychopath, terrifying, fierce

And

amazingly hot.

Something about his ferocity is incredibly intriguing and might I say...sexy?!

His character is amazing, though bestial --I would love to know more about him
I completely agree. I do feel like James doesn't think he's evil. Most evil characters don't! I think he considers himself an artist who practices his craft of tracking, slaughter, and mayhem better than anyone else. He sees his life more as a calling than something fun to do. I find him very sexy because his bestial quality suggests an unrestrained thirst for life and desires. I would like to know more about him too. Maybe we'll learn a few things in Midnight Sun!
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

Destani wrote:James is interesting to me for 2 main reasons.

1) He terrified Laurent. Laurent admits to joining his coven mainly out of fear for James' power. That just made an impression on me.

2) He killed the vampire that turned Alice into a vampire but let Alice live. Obviously, he wanted her blood and she was useless to him in that respect after being turned, but why leave her alive and kill the other vampire? What was going through his mind then?
I complete agree. I think that the reason James let Alice live is because he was intrigued and intended to pursue her later-on. I think the fact that James killed the vampire that changed Alice was purely out of frustration. He was enraged that he was denied his desire and destroyed the vampire that took away his opportunity. Since James considers what he does really an art form rather than a way to get food, his desires drive his life and when he is denied his wants he lashes out. Or at least that is what I think.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B