Moulin Rouge-the movie

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Moulin Rouge-the movie

Post by Pel »

Discuss the movie here
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Moulin Rouge-the movie

Post by jenni_elyse »

Well, as you can tell by my avie, I love Ewan McGregor. I loved him before I saw Moulin Rouge, but as soon as I heard his voice, he owned me! (In fact, if Edward were 15 years older, I'd imagine Ewan as my Edward.) Moulin Rouge is pure genious! The music, imagery, and story are fantastic!
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
gypsyeyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by gypsyeyes »

Baz Lurhman is a god to me for creating that movie. He may not have written it (and cudos to whoever did) but by chocolate he presented it fantastically! I absolutely love everything about Moulin Rouge - the costumes, the scenery, the actors, the script, the songs, just the whole emotion of the film is flippin brilliant. I would kill to be an extra in one of those dance scenes!!!! I wish I could tango - el tango de roxanne was so hot! and emotional.
Ewan McGregor is *searches for descriptive word she hasn't already used*......well I don't know, great just doesn't cover it. When he says "I don't want you to sleep with him" my heart just breaks for the guy. And I love the fact that when he's crying at the end, it's an ugly crying. None of that nambypamby pretty tears, that was some grade-a I just got my still-beating-heart-ripped-out-of-my-chest-edness. He sings so beautifully too! I love the little waver in his voice, if anyone knows what I mean. Sooo very cute.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

jenni_elyse wrote:Well, as you can tell by my avie, I love Ewan McGregor. I loved him before I saw Moulin Rouge, but as soon as I heard his voice, he owned me! (In fact, if Edward were 15 years older, I'd imagine Ewan as my Edward.) Moulin Rouge is pure genious! The music, imagery, and story are fantastic!

yesss exactly. Seriously that movie is gold! I cried after discovering the fate of Nicole Kidman :cry:
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
ragdoll
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ragdoll »

I have seen this movie more times than I can count. I still cry every time. I just love everything about it. The story is amazing, the costumes and sets are beautiful, the script and music are genius, the cast is great and Ewan McGregor is perfect. I was in Paris a few months ago and I was only a few minutes away from the moulin rouge but I chose not to see it because I saw a postcard of the real one and I'd prefer to believe that it looks like the one in the movie!

What's your favourite scene/song in it?
I love the Elephant Love Medley. Someone asked me before how Satine just changed her mind so quickly. I looked at her like she was crazy. If he sang to me like that I don't think I would have held up as long as Satine did. In fact, I don't think he would have had to sing, he could just look at me and I'd be gone! :lol: I also love when he sings 'Your Song' in her room. Hystericly (sp?) funny! :lol:
Congratulations to the Irish rugby team!!!!! Grand Slam at last!!!

Team Seth: 'Cos he's the bestest! :D

My quotes forum: http://quotations.forumotion.com/forum.htm
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

My favorite song is "El Tango de Roxanne" because I love the harmony and anything in the minor key. However, "Your Song" and the "Elephant Love Medley" are also good!
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
gypsyeyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by gypsyeyes »

jenni_elyse wrote:My favorite song is "El Tango de Roxanne" because I love the harmony and anything in the minor key.
El Tamgo de Roxanne gives me chest-tickles.....if you know what I mean. I absolutely love it, its so powerful and full of emotion. The dancing is awesome too.
Come What May is my overall favourite though. It's so bittersweet and I love how emotion Christian/Ewan gets when he's telling Seline?Nicole about it.
Heck, any song Ewan sings gets my vote.
xMoonlightxTragedyx
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by xMoonlightxTragedyx »

I LOVE that movie. I always cry. I love how it made it so touching as well as soo hilarious.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

I am not one at all for musicals, but then I saw the movie, and made it my one exception. Sad, but very entertaining!
ilovespaceheaters
Wandering Through Town

Post by ilovespaceheaters »

Every single time my dance teacher is away we get out Moulin Rouge. Haha. My whole class get up and start singing and dancing.

The movie is pure genius.

My end of year concert is based on musicals this year and one of the scenes is "Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend" and "The Elephant Medley".

I'm so excited.

"Go fetch a space heater."

[22.8.08] Best day of my life.

ManSpice