The Volturi Coven and Guard

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Post by Landiana »

i know its kinda tacky, but it is the volturi - i mean they eat poor tourists who are foriegn and dont even understand them
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
SleepingBeauty
Settled in Forks

Post by SleepingBeauty »

Hey, what do you guys think about Marcus? I got interested in him in New Moon because he... well didn't care about anything. :lol: I wondered what happened to him, but I think I got my answer in Breaking Dawn. When I read the list of all vampires a saw a name next to Marcus and it was crossed-out. So she died, right? Maybe Marcus just lost his "joy" for life? So he doesn't care anymore. And please tell me if this reason was mentioned anywhere, because if it is, I feel like an idiot, sharing my "magnificent" conclusions. :lol:
Landiana
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

i feel bad for marcus. if you look on SM's website she says the whole back story, and i felt so bad for him. and i thought he was pretty cool, siding against Caius. i hate Caius. i just want to give Marcus a hug
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
SleepingBeauty
Settled in Forks

Post by SleepingBeauty »

Landiana wrote:i feel bad for marcus. if you look on SM's website she says the whole back story, and i felt so bad for him. and i thought he was pretty cool, siding against Caius. i hate Caius. i just want to give Marcus a hug
Really? Thanks :lol: Guess I wasn't so smart after all... Have to read it and come back to tell my opinion, but I'm quite sure I'll still feel bad for him.
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

SleepingBeauty wrote:
Landiana wrote:i feel bad for marcus. if you look on SM's website she says the whole back story, and i felt so bad for him. and i thought he was pretty cool, siding against Caius. i hate Caius. i just want to give Marcus a hug
Really? Thanks :lol: Guess I wasn't so smart after all... Have to read it and come back to tell my opinion, but I'm quite sure I'll still feel bad for him.
Oh I hated Caius too! I didn't really care for Aro that much throughout the saga, and then I read the extra stuff on Stephenie's site and I found out how awful he really was. I really felt sorry for Marcus and can understand why he acts as if he is hollow :cry:
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

What I don't understand about the Volutrui in general is how they can condemn others of their kind for wrong doings when the do the same thing. Like for example, they were ready to off Edward, Bella and Alice because Bella knew the truth about them but they had a human "working" for them.

I guess it's because everyone looks to them as the "royalty" as Carlisle put it so they feel they are above reproach?

I'm glad in the end that they learned that they couldn't bully everybody.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

skylarblue wrote:What I don't understand about the Volutrui in general is how they can condemn others of their kind for wrong doings when the do the same thing. Like for example, they were ready to off Edward, Bella and Alice because Bella knew the truth about them but they had a human "working" for them.

I guess it's because everyone looks to them as the "royalty" as Carlisle put it so they feel they are above reproach?

I'm glad in the end that they learned that they couldn't bully everybody.
I think the Volturi's excuse for Gianna was that it was determined that when she had done all she could for them, that she would definatly be either changed or eaten.
Plus I think Aro was trying to bully Edward and Alice into joining the Volturi and saw Bella as potential talent.
I agree, I like to think of their retreat as the vampire walk of shame lol
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
Landiana

Post by Landiana »

lol vampire walk of shame

the thing with tehir humans is, they are going to be changed or eaten. there is no way around it. the humans want to be changed so they do everything for the vampires, and then probably get eaten.
i want to know how they get humans involved, do they just tell them or what?
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

I feel really sorry for Marcus too - I think that he would have been a really cool character with Didyme at his side. I really dislike Caius but I think that Aro is a decent ( not morally) villain - he has style whereas Caius is just an evil old sod.
Going back to the earlier Question about where the volturi get thier food and money - Edward did say that they bring in tourists and I think that they would probobly just like abduct them on thier way to Florence or something - or hire busdrivers to take them to Volterra instead of wherever they were suposed to go. So these disapearances wouldn't be connected with Volterra. Mabey they just take a few yourists from each group and then put thier bodies at the bottom of ravines or something - that way people wouln't think it odd that tour busses keep going missing.
I think that the volturi get thier money by all sorts of thiings, taking it from victims, investments, stealing, possibly even pretending to be a charity to help the homeless in Volterra ( which people would think worked ) And no doubt many of thier guard have gifts that could be used in someway - like Alice knowing who's going to win a big race or Edward being able to read minds in Poker.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

Im not sure that The Volturi would take money from all the tourist that go there to get eaten, i just don't see - mainly Aro, taking money from humans, he knows he's better then that. They probably burn all their wallets, money cards...
The Volturi have been around for 3000 years, so they would have alot of money stashed away... and don't forget all the Gold that they have, but i think if the do get money from somewhere it would have to do with something in the city, Volterra.

With the tourist going missing, i think that what ever happened to the tourist - it happened in a freak accident somewhere far away from Volterra.

I wonder, how do The Volturi guards, like Jane, Alec, Demetri, Felix... so on, get money, do you think The Volturi just gives them money...?
Do they even have a bedroom, or maybe a TV?