Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Special Effects

Post by Kymberli »

porscheturbo911 wrote:Omg, the apple was insane!
I wonder how they did it?
It looked so real; it gave me hope for all the other special effects that are going to be in the movie!
I was thinking the same thing. I dreamed about that scene last night. I am hope that the rest of the movie's effects are just as spectacular.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

BuffytheVampireLover wrote:So I was thinking about how they said they tried like a million ways to do the sparkling, and now they're resorting to CGI. I wonder...did they ever thing of just plain old glitter lotion? Would that have worked, cuz it seems like a nice easy solution.
Glitter lotion- I wondered about that, too. I have some, and the glitter does reflect the sunlight. I don't think that would really have showed up on film, though... in the trailer, it doesn't look sunny at all... and Edward is clearly wearing a shirt in the whole thing; in the book, his shirt is open while they're in the meadow. So, I'm wondering at what point does he show Bella his sparkliness?? I can't think tooooo much about how things are changed and flip-flopped for the movie... I'm really satisfied with the trailer, and November 21 can't come fast enough!!

OH- the apple was BRILLIANT!!
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

MyEdward wrote:I think Roberts voice is pretty perfect in the movie. I love the bit were they are in Edwards room and Bella says she can't dance and Edward says "I could always make you" :D
*swoons* I have not seen this clip, it sounds amazing, freaking amazing. SIGH
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

^ if you're looking for that clip, I think it's the Penelope one. You can probably youtube it. And yes, he is super awesome in that scene.

I don't think glitter lotion would have really given the effect they wanted - it would have just looked like he was wearing lotion, not that his skin was really sparkly, ya know? Also, I don't think it would have showed up on film. You have to overexaggerate stuff like that to get it across to the viewer, so a sparkle here and there wouldn't have cut it.

I"m sure they've figured out something great. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
BuffytheVampireLover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

Yeah, I figured it might not be bold enough to show up on camera. He can't just sparkle, he has to SPARKLE so I really hope the CGI turns out well.
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.

LOLhippieeally
Settled in Forks

Post by LOLhippieeally »

They DID NOT cut the meadow scene :]
I think that for the trailer they just didn't show him sparkling since it's a big "Oh my God" thing. This is the picture of the meadow scene.
http://i37.tinypic.com/25f5zb5.png
This is how I think they are going to play it out.
Edward takes Bella to his house, then they fly out the window and he climbs all the trees. You know the parts that we saw in the trailers. Then they go to the meadow and it's over cast because in the official trailer, when they are in the trees it is most certainly over cast there. I spent 10 months in Washington state and I can tell you that in that scene, they are no sun sparkling vampires because of the weather. Anywho, I think that he takes her to the meadow and since it is over cast she can't see the sparkles, but then a cloud moves out of the way and she sees him.

That's what I personally think they shot it like which is okay with me :]]]
I’m here, and I love you. I have always loved you, and I will always love you.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I just thought I'd let you all know that I am eating an apple. But when I grabbed it, it fell off the counter... and I tried to pull and Edward and hacky sack it.

Um. Not so successful. :)
E<3B
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

soozabooza54 wrote:I just thought I'd let you all know that I am eating an apple. But when I grabbed it, it fell off the counter... and I tried to pull and Edward and hacky sack it.

Um. Not so successful. :)

XD that's so awesome....hmmm i wonder if i could pull that off
*goes to pull of an Edward apple kick*

>_<
spectacular.....now i have to clean up apple mush... XD
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Yeah. Must certainly be one of the coolest things about being a vampire... the not dropping of stuff. :)
E<3B
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Ahhh I'm getting the movie guide in the mail tomorrow or Tuesday. I can't wait to read about everything!!!
E<3B