Gex X--the 30 something thread

shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by shanon »

Dang it! I've been missing out on good topics, I see! I saw " The Outsiders" was mentioned. Dorky info here- parts of that movie were filmed here in Tulsa at the Admiral Twin drive-in (which is still open!!).
The Coreys!! I loooved them. Well mostly Feldman, until he started dressing like Michael Jackson.
My all time favorites were "Stand By Me" (River Phoenix & Corey Feldman!!) and of course "The Goonies"!! I bought it on DVD. It is something my husband, son & I can (and DO) enjoy together!! :D

Oh, 37! That's too bad- I have enjoyed some of your topic starters!
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Una, thank you for the pictures of the Goonies all grown up. That just made my day.

The Neverending Story is not a book I would have typically picked up as a kid. I did see the movie and I loved it, so I read the book (as a kid). The book was equally as good. Now and then I will catch The Neverending Story on TV and I will still watch it.

These are some great childhood memories for me!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Una that for posting that picture of the Lost Boys poster. When I saw that, I totally shouted "I use to have that exact poster hanging on my wall." I actually had it hanging on my wall from high school until I graduated college. LOVE those pics.

I remember seeing The Neverending story but it's been so long ago, I really can't remember it. I do have the title song on my ipod. Maybe that's another DVD that I will have to buy.

With all great suggestions, my DVD request list is getting longer by the day but who's complaining (surely not me).
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

I love Lost Boys, and the guy who played the part of Micheal, he was always my favorite. I also liked Star, and the Corey Twins.. I still have that movie, I might have to watch it now, Haven't for a while.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Agent 37: In case you are still around here lurking, you will be greatly missed. You may not have been around here for very long, but you made an impact. You started some great topics and your posts (with the exception of a couple ;) ) were insightful. We need more people like you. You were one of the very few male Twilight fans, and I'm sure I can speak for others when I say that the male Twilight fan's opionion is important, and needed.

I hope you are able to get your Twilight fix somewhere. I don't know what any of us would do if we didn't have the friendship, understanding, and support of our fellow Lexiconers. Let's admit it; the Lex is really a support group for Twilightaholics. 8-)

Hello, my name is GNE, and I'm addicted to Twilight (and the Lex).
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

Funny thing about The Lost Boys....it scared me to death when it came out. I was terrified of vampires and look at me now. I still to this day have never seen it from beginning to end...I have seen parts...but never the whole movie at one time....JPE brings it up that I won't watch it now, even though I love vampires now.

Agent 37....I hope that you get to come back...I get lots of sighs and eye rolls from JPE, but I just tell him to go away..

GNE: I have always thought of myself as a Twilight addict...and the Lex as my support group...or would enablers be a better word. :lol:
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

enablers works just fine ;)

before i started creating my own coven of Twihards, you guys were the only people I could talk to about my obsession without rolling your eyes at me. (at least i hope you weren't rolling them at me!)

it's because of y'all that i can sit proudly in this coffee shop on my laptop with my desktop blazing with twilight wallpaper and not be ashamed.

My name is Oleander and I AM A TWILIGHT ADDICT!!

thank you.
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

Work it girl!!!
Twilight Addicts..stand up everywhere :lol:
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

My name is BlueStarlight, and I'm addicted to Twilight.

Seriously, this place keeps me up-to-date on things. My mother just called to tell me that she's getting a group of her nurse friends together to go see the movie with us! So now it'll be myself, my mom, my sis, my friend, and a bunch of young nurses! Oh boy, won't we have fun! She then proceeds to tell the that one of these girls told her SM was writing #5..... *screeching sound of a needle scratching a vinyl record!!* I had to CALMLY tell her the controversy surrounding Midnight Sun. Had it not been for the Lex, I don't know that I would have known about Midnight Sun!

Now, I'm going to browse some sites and get myself a t-shrit to proudly wear to the movie!!!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

We're addicts, supporters, and enablers. We are so awesome!

Honestly, I've made some of my closest friends here on the Lex. If it weren't for the Lex, I'd have never met my beautiful Supertwin, Una, or our gorgeous fellow SuperQuads - Jenni_Elyse and BlueStarlight. I've also made some other wonderful besties here, but I don't want to violate anyone's privacy. They know who they are, and they know I love them. Seriously, I love my DGG's. *great big bear hug to all my DGG's*

I'm feeling sappy. Day one of Deer Widow Week is nearly complete. The house is quiet. No one's begging for dinner - or anything else. ^-^
Squee! Thank you, Nena!