1. There are so many humorous quotes from this chapter. The "zingers" keep coming. Which is your favorite from chapter nine and why?
.........."my mind doesn't work right? i'm a freak?" among others...sounds like something i'd say
2. Do you think Bella is starting to regret that she flirted with Jacob in order to get information from him?
...........i think so, but only b/c she possibly realized that she might get him in trouble for telling the vampires' secrets
3. Much of the chapter centers around the phrase, "it doesn't matter". Why exactly doesn't it matter to Bella?
...........she is already hopelessly attached to him...it doesn't matter to her if he is an immortal creature, she is in love with him....she doesn't love him b/c he's a vampire, she loves him b/c he is edward...and she is not afraid of him either, so it doesn't matter to her that he is a "monster", because she believes he is a good person....no one said love was rational!
4. Bella is on the verge of tears once and then finally does cry a second time. What emotion do you think is largely responsible for her tears givien that we know she only usually cries when she is angry.
......i think maybe she misunderstood what edward was saying when he said "never say that" so harshly to her...i think he was reffering to the danger-aspect of being around her....and i think she took it as a personal rejection....so she was mad, mainly at herself for thinking that she may have a chance with edward....if i put myself in her shoes, that's how i would see it...
5. The chapter ends with the famous "three things" quote. What exactly do you think was the point where Bella fell "unconditionally and irrevocably in love" with Edward?
i'll get back to you on this one....i have to think about it lol