The British Thread

LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: The British Thread

Post by LadyViolet »

Hey brit peeps, mind if i join the party? (sorry if that sounded obnoxious i talk in stupid ways when im tired)

I seem to be the only one on here who hails from the midlands woot! though i do know some people who also like the books none of my close friends have read them which means i can't have crazy obsessive discussions about them! :cry: i recently turned 18 and now have all the uni application stresses argh!! *tugs at hair*
anyhoo less of my stressing and hello to everyone!
Rach :mrgreen:
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

Nice to see a lot of decent Empire folk here lol. The Empire still exists right - it's just basically the British isles now?
haha - Are any of the folk here from Brighton? or abouts?
And are there any Irish people using this thread?
Did any of you imagine the Cullens with American accents when you were reading it? Or did you unintentionally use British ones?
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

Spartan wrote: Did any of you imagine the Cullens with American accents when you were reading it? Or did you unintentionally use British ones?
O heck yea i did mostly with edward though you could easily hear him with a british accent lol kind of Jane austen film style :lol:
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
ragdoll
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ragdoll »

LadyViolet wrote: i recently turned 18 and now have all the uni application stresses argh!! *tugs at hair*
Oh I know what you mean! I'm Irish but I'm applying to UK unis as a back up and there's so much work in it! It's so simple here - we just write a list of our choices and that's it! no evil personal statements! :lol:
Congratulations to the Irish rugby team!!!!! Grand Slam at last!!!

Team Seth: 'Cos he's the bestest! :D

My quotes forum: http://quotations.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Doodle
Learning to Love Green

Post by Doodle »

Spartan wrote: Did any of you imagine the Cullens with American accents when you were reading it? Or did you unintentionally use British ones?
Carlisle (I had to look up on Wiki how to spell his name :lol: ) has always had an english accent to moi, the others accents were fairly american I would say.
"because days come and go, but my feelings for you are forever"
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

i actually unintentionally used british ones for everyone, except charlie, i dont know why - i think that this is just the way i think.

i'm from hampshire
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

Exactly - I don't really pay attention to the accents when I'm reading :D but my friend kept complaining about how in the film they have american accents :lol: so I was just wondering what accents other people do when reading.
BearHug?
Settled in Forks

Post by BearHug? »

Hi =]

Yay british people! hehe

Riight so.. I'm Shiv and I live in Stourport (Google It)
I'm 14... still it just drags on and on and on
just started my GCSEs, Already dropped business.

All the girls from my social circle have read Twilight or are in the process of reading it, I'm kinda Twilight queen 'cause I discovered it.

I always imagined them all british, except Jacob and Mike. Plus Rose had dark hair with reddish bits and Alice was blonde.. Strange huh ?
Doodle
Learning to Love Green

Post by Doodle »

Hey Shiv!!
GCSEs were a pain, I got my results in August. I was terrified!

I had always imagined Rose and blonde but my Alice is much like the film Alice. My Edward was different. With darker hair and slightly longer length.
"because days come and go, but my feelings for you are forever"
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

I know what you lot mean, so, not that you'll care but here's my list of the charachters and how I pictured them;

Rosalie - My Rose is nothing like the one in the movie, I don't think that she's hot enough. I mean sure she's o.k looking but there is wayy better looking actresses who could do her. Of course no-one is actually that hot so it could never be exact. I don't like her hair either.
Emmet - I want to Shoot Kellan Lutz ( I actually like him as a person though) Emmet's meant to be butch! And it's a pity Lutz's hair couldn't grow back in time.
Carlisle - For The Carlisle in the movie I was all "You aren't Carlisle" until i saw him with all the make-up on then I was " Yeh you are a bit Carlisle but what have they done with your hair?"
Esme - Esme I never really formed an image of so...
Alice - Ashley Greene is a lot like my Alice so I'm happy enough with her. However her nose is pretty different and I pictured her with shorter, black hair.
Jasper - He's my favourite so it suprised me that I was really happy with Jackson Rathbone as him, but his hair!
Edward - Of course No-one can do him, everyone's image of him is different so most people won't like the actor of him who-ever it was. I think Rob Pattinson is O.K but my Edward was pretty different - he had a fairly square jaw and his hair was like Thomas Sangsters but bronze.

You might have guessed but I think they kind of messed up a lot of people's hair in the Movie ( especially the blondes because thiers is like straw thats just been dragged through a hedge backwards )

But this is all just my opinion - what did the rest of you Brits think?