Seth Clearwater

Character Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Re: Seth Clearwater

Post by Landiana »

amiveira: yeah public school is a lot different - boys are very diverse, and they all have their own personalities - i dont think you can lump them all together. its like saying all teenagers are hoddy wearing hooligans who go out and stab old ladies
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
likeameteor
Settled in Forks

Post by likeameteor »

I LOVE Seth. He has to be one of my favourite characters in the books. I love how he's so optimistic all the time, and just wants everyone to get along. And I love his relationship with Leah. And I loved it when Jake described him as a 'happy little punk', I think that pretty much sums up Seth Clearwater for me. :lol:
Edward Cullen - giving girls unrealistic expectations of guys since 1901.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

yeah jake is OBVIOUSLY not what a real 15 year old is like. and switching from private to public school, i think you'll find that while boys are maybe a little more crude, they are also a lot less, well, mean. they aren't sneaky, these public school boys, not conniving. at least not so much. some are real jerks.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Yes, they're very open about their deeds. Like, this one boy showed up to CW class very... off balance and droopy. He plopped down in the seat (he's assigned to the row beside me) and giggled. His eyes were reddish.

"I was in the..." he said, in a slow, drunk sort of way, "You know, in that hallway, the little room—"
"—the bathroom?" another boy interrupted.
The first one giggled again.
"That's the one."

He spent the rest of the class calling the teacher "Stephen Hawking" and going on and on about how he loves his 'happy smoke'. (If you haven't guessed by now, he was high) XD

Okay, I'm completely off topic now, but the most hilarious thing he did was while we were taking a quiz. The entire classroom was completely silent and he'd been humming under his breath, but he suddenly got to the chorus and burst into song. It was startling. :lol:

---And now for your regularly scheduled Seth Clearwater talk---
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
peacepicturelexi
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by peacepicturelexi »

Amivera wrote:Yes, they're very open about their deeds. Like, this one boy showed up to CW class very... off balance and droopy. He plopped down in the seat (he's assigned to the row beside me) and giggled. His eyes were reddish.

"I was in the..." he said, in a slow, drunk sort of way, "You know, in that hallway, the little room—"
"That's the one."

He spent the rest of the class calling the teacher "Stephen Hawking" and going on and on about how he loves his 'happy smoke'. (If you haven't guessed by now, he was high) XD

Okay, I'm completely off topic now, but the most hilarious thing he did was while we were taking a quiz. The entire classroom was completely silent and he'd been humming under his breath, but he suddenly got to the chorus and burst into song. It was startling. :lol:

haha sounds just like a guy in my spanish class!
you can have edward and jacob. i want seth:)
Ellie Ibis
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Ellie Ibis »

I think it depends highly on the area you're raised, and the type of people you're around, your family relations, etc. I think someone above me mentioned this, too.

You really can't make generalizations concerning these things based off personal experiences or one high school, or one town. I can easily say all teenage to mid-twenties boys wear home-made patches, hate the government, do drugs in the house of a man twenty years older than them ('cause he and his wife are still punk kids at heart), and go to protests in between hopping into cars of near-strangers to attend concerts, while the booze flows like rivers in the back seats even though no one is really sure who is paying for it. Because that's the life I know, and those are the men and boys I'm familiar with. Nearly every boy I know has done at least two of the above-mentioned things.

On the other hand, I'm sure if you asked a former middle-school friend of mine whose family is still very Christian, she can paint you a picture of her sixteen-year-old brother's life similar to Seth's. Because he's a good kid, and that's the life he leads. (Also, I've been through his computer archives one night when bored. =P Nothing interesting. I was really disappointed.)

Okay, that is all. I really don't have anything to say about Seth. Other than he does remind me of my aforementioned friend's little brother. XD
the cops & the kids & the cats & the robbers
& the stolen moments from the out of tune guitars
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

well i think you can be a good kid without being quite as...seth-like as seth.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

peacepicturelexi wrote:
Amivera wrote:Yes, they're very open about their deeds. Like, this one boy showed up to CW class very... off balance and droopy. He plopped down in the seat (he's assigned to the row beside me) and giggled. His eyes were reddish.

"That's the one."

haha sounds just like a guy in my spanish class!
sounds like A LOT of boys at my school!

nyhoo, back to Seth. i dont think that he is that unrealistic, and he creates a good contrast with the other miserable characters at times
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I really like Seth. He's so lovable and genuine. My favorite thing about him is his complete lack of prejudice. He treats everybody the same, even vampires.

He takes everything in stride. I'm not sure how realistic it is for him to be so upbeat after losing his father and with everything else that's going on, but I suppose there are people like that out there. I'm just not one of them so I can't relate. But he gives us a refreshing break from the serious and brooding nature of some of the other characters.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Werewolflova2008
Settled in Forks

Post by Werewolflova2008 »

♥ i love Seth because he is cool 8-) and he puts the differences between him and vampires aside and makes an efort to be their friend. Seth is totaly my perfect dream date lol. I LOVE SETH!!! :D