Gutter Gals & Guys School for Cullen-ary Arts --Adult Thread

Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys School for Cullen-ary Arts --Adult Thread

Post by Nena »

jenni_elyse wrote: Nena, is that Henry Cavill? I've never liked him, but that picture is AWESOME!
Jenni is funny that you said that, because when I first took a look at him I was like OMG Henry Cavill is EDWARD!
Well, is not Henry... it's some model/actor, I can't remember his first name, but his last name is stoughton..
This picture is so Henry Cavill-esque though... *swoon*
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tamalyn »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:Great question, Nova. My favorite Halloween movie truly is The Nightmare Before Christmas. My cellphone wallpaper is TNBC. I like that I can use stuff from the movie twice. "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" is one of my Christmas ringtones. I watched E.T. the other day, and I still love it. Hocus Pocus is another one that I love.
Ditto on TNBC, and Hocus Pocus! How I love the latter. I am an admitted HUGE WIMP, so TNBC is the 'scariest' halloween movie I can handle. And Hocus Pocus always makes me laugh, especially with SJP being all ditsy and wonderful. Also, proof of my wimpiness - I have never seen ET all the way through. I just get really scared when it shows his hand reaching for the candy....ahhh!..... it's just too much for me.

As for Halloween in general - it's my favorite holiday, too! Hands down. It has more 'magic' for me than even Christmas. (I hope that doesn't mean I'm hell-bound, lol.) I've dressed up every year since birth. Literally. I have the pictures to prove it. I stopped trick-or-treating in high school ... because, like mentioned before, that is obnoxious. And seeing all the little kiddies in their costumes!! I could die from cute-overload. When I worked at the daycare as the toddler teacher, I absolutely MELTED when it was carnival time. Little dinosaurs, cowboys, princesses - it did not help with my baby-hungryness. HAHA. Cutest day of the year, though, hands down.

Also, there is something innately sexy (bringing this topic back down to the gutter :twisted: ) about Halloween... Dressing up, costumes, masks, masquerading as something you're not... it's a thrill to get to live a seperate role, even if it's just for one night! It allows my alter-ego (one that's much more risque & wild) a little free reign.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I don't think I have a favorite Halloween movie. I thought about it and couldn't come up with one. The book and movie, Clockwork Orange, freaked me out. I couldn't sleep for weeks after those. *shudder*. This may sound dumb but vampires freak me out, especially after I read Interview with Vampire. The movie was good and scary for me too. I went bed and made sure that I covered up my neck. Not that would have helped. LOL

The whole claymation is kinda freaky to me. I haven't watched Nightmare before Christmas and Corpse Bride (even though I'm a fan of both Johnny and Tim Burton). :?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tamalyn »

cullengirl wrote:I don't think I have a favorite Halloween movie. I thought about it and couldn't come up with one. The book and movie, Clockwork Orange, freaked me out. I couldn't sleep for weeks after those. *shudder*. This may sound dumb but vampires freak me out, especially after I read Interview with Vampire. The movie was good and scary for me too. I went bed and made sure that I covered up my neck. Not that would have helped. LOL

The whole claymation is kinda freaky to me. I haven't watched Nightmare before Christmas and Corpse Bride (even though I'm a fan of both Johnny and Tim Burton). :?
I don't think that they used claymation in those, I thought they were digital. Claymation is freaky, though. Have you seen those old 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer' claymation movies? Shudder. They are the definition of horror.
somethingblue
The Godmother

Post by somethingblue »

Has anyone mentioned my favorite and I missed it? Of course, it's "The Great Pumpkin"! Just like Spike, right Beags? Was that season 5 of Buffy when Spike's in the basement of the Magic Shoppe...no, no, season 6, with all that tension with Buffy. Love it! He's lurking off to watch the Great Pumpkin. A man (undead) after my own heart.
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Summit Entertainment hits a home run with the release of Sex Drive. This hilarious comedy is a cross between American Pie and Road Trip with a little extra vulgarity from Me Myself and Irene. Of course the best part of the movie was the VERY FIRST trailer before the movie started. When the music started I swear we heard 20 people gasp it was great and when the trailer ended you heard tons of people say "I want to see that!" Back to Sex Drive this movie has it all but you have to be open to it if you had trouble with ME Myself and Irene you might have problems with this movie. Over all 5/5 stars we really enjoyed it and will add it to the home video collection when it comes out.

We hope you consider seeing this great movie from Summit and of course enjoy the Twilight trailer at the beginning.

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

You know, I watch the trailer every morning on MySpace *sigh*... I can't help it! I've seen raunchy movies like "Sex Drive;" they're not my hubby's forte, but I'll drag him to see this because it'll be SO worth it to catch a glimpse of the Cullens on the big screen! Besides, he owes me for dragging me to see "Blades of Glory." :P
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Sex Drive was okay. I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised when i didn't hate it. I figured after the rush of seeing the Twilight trailer nothing else would be worth watching, but it was entertaining. The acting wasn't that great in parts, but we laughed quite a bit. There are a lot of cringe-worthy moments, and the fact that James Madsen is in it makes it all the better.

I will say this...there are some things and people you will never look at the same way again after seeing this movie. ;)

But the trailer...WOW!!!!! Seeing it on the big screen like that has made the wait seem longer.

Sadly, i was the only person losing her mind in her seat, SQUEEEing like a little girl and clapping like a seal. sigh. sometimes i feel so alone. ;)
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

I also got to see the new stuff coming in to Barnes and Nobel for Twilight along with the 4 book set. There is a giant chess piece bookends as well as a complete chess set. Additionally I heard that we will have a Twilight Monopoly something like 3 weeks before Christmas. I for one will buy the bookends and maybe the chess set but you can forget everything else.

Almost forgot Summit Entertainment also has another movie that looks awesome called PUSH check out the trailer on Apple. http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/push/

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

BlueStarlight wrote: Besides, he owes me for dragging me to see "Blades of Glory." :P
LOL, I loved that movie. It's just no brainer fun. My baby bro and I watched it together.

Speaking of B&N, there were tons of different stuff with the TW logo such as a Godiva bar with the book cover that says something along the lines of "to die for". I wouldn't be suprised if there was a "Scene it" game after the movie comes out and if it's a success. The bookends sound kinda cool but I would skip the chess game.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!