Gex X--the 30 something thread

spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by spookybell »

Welcome! ChristinasHeadache - Washington is a good place to be. Portland isn't bad either. I don't blame you choosing not to go back to Tacoma LOL - it wouldn't be my first, second or third choice.

Oleander - how was your trainer???
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Welcome Christina and HP&TL!

Glad your found our little safe haven.

I'm 32, married, no kids (unless you count hubby, dog and cat) and I have two (almost 3) jobs. I'm an architect, adjunct college professor and vice-chair on the Historic Preservation Commission for my city. I love to read, it's always been a passion of mine (I'm seriously book-addicted). However, after reading Twilight last September (then flying to read NM and Ec), I joined the lex in October and now I am happily addicted. I've met my SuperTwin here and many other wonderful friends. What I truly treasure is our open discussions and the support & respect for one another. The greatest benefit though (besides not feeling alone in this obsession) is the book discussions and recommendations.

To really understand our thread, please read the previous pages (I know it's long but well worth it). You might need some tissues though. We do discuss anything and everything. However please keep in mind, this is a PG-13 thread...innuendos are allowed but try to keep to the level. There are underagers who do like to peek at the adult threads.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
HP&TL
Settled in Forks

Post by HP&TL »

Yes I have read most of the pages and realize you guys are all over the table with topics. And how one thing in a reply can change the conversation direction. Such as the leaving of a member started an addiction couseling. Or the discussion of the couseling leads to movie characters, to how or what year a movie was made. So it sounds like anything goes and everything is discussed.

:)

Oh Age I'm old, kids, I have two and they have 4 legs and I don't have to save money for a college fund, just squicky toys. I live out west and like camping, hiking and wondering around geocaching.
ImageImageImage

Don't mess with the witch.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Welcome, HP&TL

Yes, everyone moves through different topics at lightning speed around here but all I can say is sit back and enjoy the ride. Sometimes, if you close your eyes, you'll miss something. Even though we broach a lot of different topics, everyone is very welcoming, friendly and open about all the problems that we've had, faced and overcome. I think as 30 somethings we have the best/worst of both worlds.

Does the Rocky Horror Picture Show count? I love this movie and I watch it every Halloween.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

(sorry, i've been shirking my duties as Welcome Wagon tonight...i went to see the movie Sex Drive just to see the Twilight trailer! All I have to say is impossibly beautiful teenage vampires are hotter on the big screen!!)

HP&TL, please accept my belated welcome! Welcome to the land of the thirty-somethings who aren't ashamed to admit they once had 150 pictures of the NKOTB on their walls, or worshipped the ground the two Coreys walked upon; where we share all kinds of stories both on and off topic; and most of all we never judge each other based on the degree of Twilight obsession from which we all suffer.

Me, well, i'm a single 36 year-old admin in a government office. I have one kitty, Knuckles. I love music (right now i'm addicted to Blue October), movies, reading (thanks to Twilight i'm addicted to reading again), and writing. I love to eat turnip and I love to use the Canadian spelling of words like favourite, theatre, neighbour, etc. Because i'm Canadian I also call Kraft Macaroni and Cheese--Kraft Dinner.

I've been obsessed with Twilight since July. I'm a late bloomer.

I met my Twinnie on here...spookybell, take a bow sister!

Welcome to our little piece of heaven! You won't find a better group of wonderful people!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Welcome Christina and HP&TL!!!

This thread is really a cool place to hang around on the Lex!
I'm 29 and getting married next year. I'm a teacher of English and literature at high school, though this year I'm teaching Spanish. I'm about to finish my Ph.D and would like to move abroad after getting married...maybe Ireland or the States, who knows?? ;)
I accidentally found Twilight in a bookshop while shopping for my research and I decide to buy it because some of my students were absolutely in love with it. It was love at first reading for me, too. I read the whole saga in about 10 days...breathtaking, really. I love reading, and that's why I studied English literature, and I'm always happy when I find books that talk to my heart.
Writing is my secondary affection: I'm writing my first novel right now 8-)

Oh, yes...in my free time I eat and sleep now and then, too :lol:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

HP&TL wrote:Yes I have read most of the pages and realize you guys are all over the table with topics. And how one thing in a reply can change the conversation direction. Such as the leaving of a member started an addiction couseling. Or the discussion of the couseling leads to movie characters, to how or what year a movie was made. So it sounds like anything goes and everything is discussed.
Welcome HP&TL!! You nailed it! This thread is a cross between the Gutter, Heavenly Hash, and the Randomness threads. The Hash is another one of my fave threads. It's for adults, but it's PG.

Another thing I attribute to the Lex and some of its members is the book recommendations. I've discovered a ton of books I probably would have never heard of or read. Thanks to Spoon & SomethingBlue, I read Black Dagger Brotherhood, Midnight Breed, and Psy Changelings. Thanks to Nissanmama I read the Mortal Instruments Book 1 (working on 2), and thanks to Nena I've read Jerry Spinelli's Stargirl and Love, Stargirl. Thanks to my SuperTwin, I will get to read the Sookie Stackhouse series this week. Just like I was inspired by Spoon and Blue, I've also inspired many others to read BDB, MB, PC, and now the Dark Hunter series.

A few of us on here also have Shelfari accounts (http://www.shelfari.com). There's a Twilight Lexiconers group, and you can find many of us by our Lex names. I'm on there.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

I often pop out with random thoughts and I think that it is such a great thing, then after I post it I realize it was kinda weird to pop it out like that lol guess I have to stalk the random threads now lol. I too had NKOTB and Sean Astin all over my room. I loved Goonies that was the best movie! I wasn't big on heavier music but I did like to listen to Dr Feelgood (Motley Crue) about 200 times a month lol. I was bigger on Air Supply, Chicago, Journey, NKOTB was everyones fav lol. Purple has always been my favorite color. Eeyore my favorite cartoon. Recently I learned to make sig/avatar graphics so I am working on that kind of stuff to keep my mind from wandering back to Twilight for the 7th time since September 14 lol. HELP! I NEED ANOTHER HIT! lol
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Oh Chris you are funny. You will love the randomness thread. Hehehe, you fit in perfectly here. Good luck on keeping your mind from wandering back to Twilight. I think it's impossible! I have been unsucessful.

Twinnie!!! *runs and hugs oleander* thanks! How was the movie Sex Drive??? I can not wait to see HOT vampires on the big screen.

Oleander is also right, you won't find a better group of people.

Funny thing is I love the Canadian / British spelling of words also. Especially the word colour. tee-hee! I laugh when I write or type a word and I can't tell if I have used the American spelling or not. I do this with simple British phrases also. Rubbish is a great word for garbage. Which do you say in Canada???

(this discrepency comes from living in the UK for a while. I love it there. I'm also 99% sure I was British in a former life.) hmmm...
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

big hugs back to you Twinnie!

spooky, ma belle, i usually say "garbage" but i have a feeling that i'm going to switch to "rubbish" when my sister and her family moves back from England in December. as soon as they step foot on Canadian soil we all start speaking with a British inflection and start calling sweater "jumpers" and sneakers "trainers." it's so annoying.

it's all rubbish i tell you...oh crap...it begins!

Sex Drive was cute. I was expecting to not like it but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't horrible, in fact, we laughed a lot! It's raunchy and will make you hide your face out of embarrassment by times, but it was good. The Twilight trailer was better. ;)

It was hard though because my friend has never read Twilight so the trailer was lost on her. She said that she wants to go see it because it looks like it's going to be a good movie (but i have to first promise not to recite the lines with the actors or squeal too much.)

So someone drove by me on the street today in a tricked out car and they were blaring REO Speedwagon!!!! How funny is that??!!