1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?
It didn't really take me by surprise. I knew that Edward was upset about something and the fact that he wasn't talking to Bella about it made me wonder. Especially when he didn't spend the night. I knew something was up at that point.
2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?
Yeah. I held on to my exboyfriend way too long. Unfortunately. We DEFINITELY weren't Edward and Bella status.
3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did?
No. I in no way thought he would actually walk away from her. I completely expected Bella to fight harder for the long she believed in. A lot of people are said that Bella had no self confident and that she never felt good enough for Edward, but I still felt like she should have fought. I think she accepted it way too easily. When she didn't fight for him, it made me think he wouldn't come back because she gave him no reason at that point to turn around. I will admit that when she was wondering around the forest, I was half expecting him to come out of no where and comfort her.
4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence.
I was confused. I didn't really know who Sam was or why he was there or what it had to do with the story.
5. Describe your reaction as you read the "months" pages
Hmm...Shock, and I could feel the despair. I had just broken up with my ex (even though it was a VERY good thing when I look back on it now, I didn't feel that way for a few months and I remember those as dark times), so I could relate to time passing by and not noticing.
*****If anyone wants to discuss my answers or anything else, please don't hesitate to pm me. I would absolutely love to have a discussion with you