Lost TV Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Lost TV Series

Post by ashiekins16 »

I absolutely Love Lost. It is my all time favorite show. I started watching it because of Dominic Monaghan (Charlie) and then they go and kill him in season 3. I was so upset. :P But I still love the show. Yeah I was sad with the whole Jin thing but I'm sooo happy that Desmond found Penny. I wanted to cry. I also, hate that they make us wait til the end of January, beginning of February for the next season. They don't want to have to give the fans re runs. But I'm totally willing for re runs if they would start it in September/October. Ugh, oh well. I'm siked for the next season. I'll always be a loyal fan, even when they make me extremely angry (i.e killing Charlie). :P But now I love the character Daniel Faraday. He's so adorkable. :D
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Twilight<3 wrote: It's a great show - so much better than Gossip Girl. Haha
Yeah-so true!! I can't understand why I'm the only person in my group that watches Lost. They're all into either Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, or both. I can't stand that kind of drama!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

debussygirl wrote:
Yeah-so true!! I can't understand why I'm the only person in my group that watches Lost. They're all into either Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, or both. I can't stand that kind of drama!

Oh thank you! Haha! I always feel so weird because its like I'm the only girl my age that doesn't like that kind of stuff. I think those shows are stupid. Its nice to know I'm not alone. :D
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

debussygirl wrote:
Haha, I know what you mean. Practically everyone at my school watches Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, The Hills, 90210, etcetera. I cannot stand any of that. I'm also the only one that likes different music other than the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, and whatever bands like that.

Have you all seen the Lost Book Club? They have some awesome books on there and ones that look really good.
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Are they books about lost, or books for people who like the show lost?
Kizmet
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kizmet »

debussygirl wrote:Are they books about lost, or books for people who like the show lost?

Several books have been mentioned in some form on the show...I've read a few of them myself. I haven't come across anything spectacular, but they were ok. The Bad Twin (written for Lost, actually, supposedly by one of the deceased passengers of flight 815), The Third Policeman, The Turn of the Screw, Watership Down, Lord of the Flies. There are others, but those are the ones I've read.

EDIT: I just realized I read your question wrong...I thought you were asking if there were books that fit that category. The ones in the book club have all appeared in some form on the show, from actually being discussed to having very, very minor cameos.
Proud Twilighter since October 21, 2006.
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Lost is an amazing show...the first after X-Files to hook me on tv again!!!
The story is so complex, so rich, I don't think anyone but real fans would be able to watch an episode of the last two series without going crazy. I think also all the stuff posted on the net, like the Dharma initiative websites and instruction videos from past experiments are also great.

Does anyone have any hypothesis regarding the island now? I had to change all my ideas after the third season...I don't have a clue now :mrgreen:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

dimber wrote:Does anyone have any hypothesis regarding the island now? I had to change all my ideas after the third season...I don't have a clue now :mrgreen:
I don't think I've had a clue the whole time I've watched the show. I always think something but not as a serious hypothesis (because I know I'm wrong) and long and behold I AM WRONG. haha. Its way too confusing for me to ever come up with anything intelligent.
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Yeah, I have no idea what's up with the island. But one time I came across a show called Dharma and Greg, so I started to watch it, thinking I could pick up something about Dharma. But I couldn't, the show was nothing like Lost--it was some random sitcom.
But what I think is interesting is that some of the characters are named after a real or fictional person that they're like. Sawyer is like Tom Sawyer, Michael is Michaelangelo (not the ninja turtle, the painter), Walt is Walt Disney. Those are all I can remember, but I read it in an article somewhere.
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Originally, I thought the island was Hell... I don't know if I'm going to stick with that theory or not. Plus, several things don't add up.

And what do you mean you never read any great book on that list? Lord of the Flies! Great, great book. Slaughterhouse Five! Fantastic book..