Body Art and Piercings

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Body Art and Piercings

Post by skylarblue »

I guess I'm pretty lucky where I work, no one really cares whether I have tattoos and I have a very visible one on my wrist but if you really aren't paying attention, it would resemble a bracelet (it's purple flowers connected with vines, going all the way around). I love it on my wrist but it was slightly painful especially on the sides where the bones are and the back where you have those two veins and my wrist swelled up afterwards.

I think that it all depends on your tolerance for pain. I've had some hurt more than others but I also think it depends on the tattoo artist too. When I got mine on my shoulder blade it felt like the guy was actually cutting my skin with a scaple but after it was all done, I later found out he had only been doing tattoo's for 3 months.

So my suggestion for anyone would be to make sure your artist is skilled & that you think about what you get & where because it's permanent (well unless you decide to have it removed but why it would have only been a waste of money).
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
BlackestBlasphemy
Wandering Through Town

Post by BlackestBlasphemy »

I definitely want some Twilight-related tattoo. I'm not quite sure what yet, but your idea is beautiful, it'll look amazing. Tattoos (that have meaning) are so amazing and beautiful to me, and they are the absolute best way of expressing yourself and your personal life story and what is meaningful to you. I'll be 18 in a few months and I can't wait to start getting some. I want to go to Miami Ink for atleast one of them ;) I detest people who get tattoos just to get them, and they get something stupid, for example, this kid at my school is younger than 18, so he goes to this UNLICENSED tattoo artist to get his tattoos done, and he got a stupid ninja Yoshi. :?
"...the very blackest kind of blasphemy."

ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

Im going to try the writing thing.

let's see how it turns out.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

i don't have enough tolerance for pain to get a real tattoo.

But during the holidays I got a spray on one around my ankle and so did my eight-year-old sister.

I am so getting one again some time!
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

i work for the government and was pleasantly surprised when no one objected me getting a a tattoo on my wrist. i'm thinking of getting the other one done soon.

a group of my friends (we've been friends for well over a decade) are getting together at christmas and getting a group tattoo done. we're each getting a puzzle piece that, if put together, would fit the others perfectly. we are going to individualize what we get put on the puzzle piece, because we're all very unique. so, we still fit together but we still keep our individual style. :) i haven't decided what to get put inside of mine.
Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Valentina »

Well I started my sleeve on Thursday and now I have my tiger and koi fish and finger waves all covering my entire forearm and the the tiger's tail curls up onto my upper arm... no colours yet though! Its awesome... but holy crap, the inside of my elbow... that was the worst! Its considered one of the most painful places to get tattooed... and while Kevin was tattooing there, my friend had the gall to say that outlines don't hurt very much! I got a little mad at that.

Most people find that outlines hurt more than shading. Outlines are done with one needle and it feels a bit like an Exacto knife that's been heated up.. but shading is done with several needles (sometimes as many as eleven!) at the same time, and your skin really goes numb and it doesn't hurt as much. It also depends on the body part too. On my back, the outlining didn't even really hurt. But inside my elbow, it felt like I was getting blood taken by a nurse who couldn't find the vein!

But its worth it, IMO. Tattoos hurt. But basically it comes down to me wanting that design on my body more than I want to avoid the pain of it.
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

Wow, that's amazing.
One of the guys I dated last year had a Koi Fish tattoed on his shoulder blade, and all the way to the back and part of his arm. I love them, they're so coloful and beautiful.

Lastnight I wrote "Elle a vecu" on my wrist, to see if I like it.
I really do, is subtle. Is something meaningful for me, I think im going for it.
It's a tiny quote, it can't hurt that bad.
And i'm probably getting it with mom, so we'll both help eachother. But she's like an armor, she deals with pain so good.
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

I have my ears pierced without my consent. Lol, my mom got them pierced when I was a baby. I like having them but I always forget to put earrings in.

I think I'd like a tattoo, but nothing serious. Something small and subtle, nothing big and dominating. But I'm a big chicken, so it may never happen. If I do, however, I would like the Japanese symbol for water in blue on my right wrist and the symbol for fire on my left in red.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

BlackestBlasphemy wrote: I want to go to Miami Ink for atleast one of them ;)
ah! i love that show! i have no idea why, but i am addicted.

i don't have any tatoos, and i think that i'm too chicken to get something on me that is forever. i think that if i ever get one, it will be something small on my shoulderblade or something. but i honestly don't think that that will ever happen.
my brother, on the otherhand, has many. he has, well, i can't really explain it. its like...oh forget it. lets just say that he has these octopus type things coming up his arm, and the background is a whole bunch of different colors. its pretty cool. then, he got his kids names writen on his upper arms, which was really significant for him.
my sister-in-law has little blue stars coming up her foot starting at her big toe and kind of coming up to her ankle. she said that some of the stars didn't hurt, but some were really painful.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Laura
Wandering Through Town

Post by Laura »

I agree with Skylarblue. Make sure you get some sort of background info on your artist. If they go too deep there can be problems and if they don't go deep enough the ink can spread. Word of mouth is how I found my artist. He had a great reputation among my circle of friends and they all trusted him. My first tattoo was with someone else with just as good of a reputation. Just make sure you really know what you want and where you want it. I'm only 20 but I got a tattoo on my wrist and I'm not afraid of it showing. I thought about getting this tattoo for over a year and weighed my options pretty heavily. As of right now my current boss is awesome about allowing piercings (I have 8 in my ears) and tattoos (I have 2) Just be careful and listen to all the care tips they tell you. I ended up lifting the ink out of the one on my wrist because of it's locations. It rubs right against my keyboad and the edge of the desk at work. Placement is DEFINITELY something to think about.

I plan on getting 2 more tattoos. I would like to get a heart a peace sign and a music note somewhere on my torso and a sparrow on the top of my foot. I already have a star on my ankle and the words "poetry in despair" on my wrist. I wouldn't trade them for anything. I recently did an English paper on tattooing as an artform =]
They were perfect, they were beautiful.They met in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of nothing, and kissed where everyone could see.No words. No before.No after. They kissed and it was perfect. It was beautiful. It was everything. It was nothing. -AFI