Gex X--the 30 something thread

dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by dimber »

Uh... British spelling: I like it!! Probably, it's because I was taught British English from the beginning so it kinda natural for me to write colour and not color. I must say I don't care much about words...I mean, I tend to use jumpers, chips and crisps (instead of French fries and chips) but sometimes I just don't realise which kind of English I'm using.

Before going back to teaching, I used to work in the foreign office of a commercial company here in Italy. We mainly worked with India and Pakistan and it was so difficult for me to understand the customers' emails and phone calls. Once you get used to it, it's funny...I mean, it's good to mix: it's English anyway :D
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

HP&TL wrote:Yes I have read most of the pages and realize you guys are all over the table with topics. And how one thing in a reply can change the conversation direction. Such as the leaving of a member started an addiction couseling. Or the discussion of the couseling leads to movie characters, to how or what year a movie was made. So it sounds like anything goes and everything is discussed.

:)

Oh Age I'm old, kids, I have two and they have 4 legs and I don't have to save money for a college fund, just squicky toys. I live out west and like camping, hiking and wondering around geocaching.
" I have two and they have 4 legs".. :lol: Great way of putting it!! :lol:
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Shanon-
That IS a great way to put it! When people ask me if I have kids, I need to start telling them "yes, two boys- a nine year-old and a two year-old... cat and dog!"

So hubby and I went to see the movie "Sex Drive" for my express pleasure of seeing the "Twilight" trailer. The movie was okay- raunchy and hilarious... however, Fall Out Boy made an appearance, and I was freaking out! I was beginning to worry as I watched trailer after trailer, thinking that if it's not on here, I'd just have to pay the $ to see it before "Quarantine," because there's NO WAY I'd stay to watch that movie. My fears vanished as IT was the final trailer before the movie started!!! WOW! Some things are just better on the big screen... like the mist-shrowded forest of the Olympic Peninsula, vans spinning out of control, and... oh, I don't know, say, sexy teen-age vampires!!
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

i am so addicted to these books that i just started reading Twilight for the 7th time lol is there no cure for this craziness?
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Ya know what Chris - I understand. It is compleatly irrational, almost to a level of obsesion that is unhealthy. I have 3 of my books on loan and I find that I have had several occasions for missing them and needing them. I've purchased 2 t-shirts and really wan't a 3rd but can't quite rationalize it. I do not need the movie companion. I had no intention of buying the movie companion. The day it came out - I still refused... unnecessary frivilous wants... it started pestering me... nagging at me... I ordered it from Amazon at 10:30 that night. It's expected arrival date is Tuesday and I am crossing my fingers it will arrive tomorow. It's just not a normal obsession. You are not alone.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

That's okay... we ALL have OCD- Obsessive Cullen Disorder! I am awaiting the arrival of my t-shirt this week! I do plan to get the movie companion book and soundtrack, but I think I'll wait until the movie comes out. And I think I want to get the chess piece bookends- how fantastic will the saga look on my shelf with those??? Yeah, these are things I don't NEED; sure, I can live without them, but I WANT them! :lol:
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

oh Twinnie, I feel your pain! i ended up buying a second set of books because i was tired of feeling lost without them when i lent them out.

i swore i wouldn't read the series again for at least a month but my friend is reading NM and i ended up reading it again so we could properly chat about it. the good thing is that having her read it for the first time and being so excited about it (unlike a lot of my other converts) makes it feel like i'm reading it again for the first time. last night i was having anxiety attacks when they were in Volterra, and i cried again when Bella and Edward were reunited. of course, now that i've finished NM for the 5th time i have to read Eclipse.

the movie companion? i thought i wouldn't buy it until i saw the scans from it and now i must have it. i should have ordered it from amazon because we aren't going to see it in stores here until next Tuesday. i am going to try to hold on until payday (the 30th) but it's not looking good.

i want to ask for the box set for Christmas...even though i already have two sets. is that so wrong? i want the chess piece bookends too. i want it all!!! i'm so greedy.

i have a serious case of OCD.
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Since we are talking about our OCD, I'm pleased to inform that I've just bought a copy of Twilight in Italiana for my boyfriend...since he's a huge fan of Angel and Buffy I can't see any reasons why he shouldn't love Edward and Bella too :D

And since you seem to be all pretty obsessed, I'll want to show you how much obsessed I am myself. Maybe some of you have already read this on another thread on these boards but, I just wanna share.
I have this little student, 11 years old...reddish brown hair, apparently-untamed style, light brown eyes, tall for his age. I was looking at him some days ago and I thought: "Geez, Edward must have looked like this when he was 11!!!" :lol:
But there's more...guess what's his name??? Edoardo (Edward in Italian)....I was like :shock: :o :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Needless to say, he's one of my favourite students :oops: :mrgreen:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

BlueStarlight wrote:Shanon-
That IS a great way to put it! When people ask me if I have kids, I need to start telling them "yes, two boys- a nine year-old and a two year-old... cat and dog!"

I usually count my husband as one of my pets &/or kids, as well. :lol: I do have to pick up after him too, so why not?! :D
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
myvamp
Settled in Forks

Post by myvamp »

This is a refreshing thread! I was scared I was alone in this craziness!! I'm exactly 30..born in 1978..agh.. I absolutely LOVE Twilight..even got my mom hooked..she's 58..LOL! I really like this site, very cool! I have a vampire chatboard for adults if anyone is interested..stop by here..

http://thetrubloodline.proboards.com

It's a super fun board and we have a HUGE Twilight section..including a gratuitous thread! Plus any other vamp stuff you can think of is on there!!

I have to get back to work now, I'm working and listening to Blood Ties epi's on my computer..so it's not all bad! See ya'll around!!