1. Bella is surprised and touched that Charlie put snow chains on her truck because she isn't used to people taking care of her. Later on we know that Renee called Bella hysterical to have her come home yet Renee wasn't in Phoenix. Given all of this what were your impressions of Renee?
Renee strikes me as caring, but not always practical about it. The thought may be what counts, but thought alone does't really help much. Bellas was used to caring for her parents, not the other way around. Renee probably wouldn't have thought of it, or at least wouldn't have actually done it. As a police officer, Charlie has to be a bit more practical. When Renee wanted Bella to come home, she obviously had the right intentions, but was to hysterical to think things through.
2. The accident is the first great action scene in the book. Did you get all the details right in your head the first time, or did you realize you missed finer points when Bella thinks about the accident later?
I'm not sure. I read the book the first time a long time ago. But I believe so. I tend to read quickly but carefully, especially when I'm engrossed in a book.
3. What did you think about Charlie's response to the accident?
I think Charlie responded well. He was concerned, which is normal, and had the sense to ignore Bella's attempts at putting on a brave face and ask for a second opinion. She was injured from when Edward, as the idiot he can be sometimes, dropped her. But Charlie was able to calm down when he realized she was ok.
4. This is the first time we meet Carlisle. What were your first impressions?
He seemed like a good doctor, with an excellent bedside manner. He too was also able to see through Bella's unwilligness to admit that she was injured, but able to let her remain in denial when he knew that it wouldn't hurt her.
5. Did Edward's cool and even sarcastic comments regarding the accident intrigue you or frighten you?
It confused me. Like with most ysteries in books, however, I decided to let the plot explain itself. But it did frustrate me. I knew Bella was already falling in love with him, and I was a bit annoyed with him for being so mean.
Click the Bunny! Take The Quiz! Join the Blubness!