General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Breaking Dawn-I liked it

Post by ShadowNIN »

nessie21 wrote:I was soooo happy with Breaking Dawn. I hate when books don't have a happily ever after. I mean, isn't that why we read them? We find a beautiful escape in a novel and lose ourselves in the imagination of this being a possibility. I hate when books end up trying to send a reality message of pain, loss and inauspicious events. If I wanted reality and heart break, I'll just watch the evening news!

It bothers me when people comment on not liking Breaking Dawn because it seemed impossible..Bella's pregnancy, her becoming a vampire, etc...etc..umm...but when has anything in the saga been possible?? You have to have an open mind to the fact that once you understand that it is all impossbile...then it ALL becomes possibe. I put myself in Bella's shoes while reading Breaking Dawn and I was able to relate to her even in this book as I was in the others. Why? Well because in that world of endless possilbities, I wound have made the same choices she made. She followed her heart and had faith, regardless of what situations lied before her. It was as if she was born to be a vampire...there is evidence of this beginning at "Twilight". She was such a natural as a newborn. Bella's secretive mind, combined with the powers of an immortal that lead to everyone's survivial !!! AWESOME! As for Reneesme, she knew everything would turn out right, she didn't know how exactly, but she knew, call it faith or mother intuition.

The wedding was beautiful, I LOVED the honeymoon, Jacobs POV was very interesting, I couldn't stop laughing at the blonde jokes LOL!!! This was also the first book I have ever read, to make me cry. When she is saying goodbye to Nessie and Edward, I really thought that they were not going to make it, I lost it! I enjoyed the rollercoaster though and I can't say enough good things about Breaking Dawn. I hope you all agree!
I totally agree!!!! :D
ImageImage
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

i really like breaking dawn! i only had oneish small problem with it, i think we kind of lost edward and bella, especially since jacob was narrating you know? like in all the other books it was mainly about them, and all there moments together, but in breaking dawn we only had the first 7 chapters. i think that maybe she should've gotten pregnant later on in the book, so we could still have more edward and bella. i mean i think it was good that she got right into it but... i don't know :D but does anyone else see what i mean? but don't hate on me cuz i LOVED breaking dawn, and the more i read it the more i like it more :D
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

ilovetwilight wrote:i really like breaking dawn! i only had oneish small problem with it, i think we kind of lost edward and bella, especially since jacob was narrating you know? like in all the other books it was mainly about them, and all there moments together, but in breaking dawn we only had the first 7 chapters. i think that maybe she should've gotten pregnant later on in the book, so we could still have more edward and bella. i mean i think it was good that she got right into it but... i don't know :D but does anyone else see what i mean? but don't hate on me cuz i LOVED breaking dawn, and the more i read it the more i like it more :D
I was actually asking that question earlier. I DO LOVE BD, but yes, I missed the Edward and Bella moments. I wished there was more of those...
ImageImage
maria cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by maria cullen »

i really loved this book since the first time i read it ....i think is an awesome book, i already read it twice
i liked the happy endings stories so this is somehow the perfect end for me
for the people who didn't like it i suggest to have an open mind, to view this book from outside the box

really loved de book :P
jonsgirljen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jonsgirljen »

I have to admit, when I first started reading Breaking Dawn, I wasn't sure whether I was gonna like it or not. But I had to keep reading because I loved the other ones so much! And I'm so glad that I did! I loved this book! It was so amazing to see through Jacob's perspective because up until that point, I wasn't sure how I felt about Jacob. It always seemed to me that he was only in the way of Bella and Edward and I didn't like that. But I found that I understood him so much better and that I really liked his character.

Reading Bella's transformation into a vampire was all that I hoped it to be and so much more! I wanted her to become a vampire since the first book, so it was what I wanted all along, to know that she and Edward could now be together forever was awesome! And let's not forget about Resnemee! That little girl is amazing! I loved her character. And I was so happy that Jacob imprinted on her! It made the entire book come together because now Bella and Jacob's relationship could be what it was always meant to be...friends, well, more like family now!

But it was an awesome book!
Melia.Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Melia.Cullen »

i really really liked breaking dawn. i agree with the pregnancy. everything was excellent. the only thing i din't agree with is renesmee's name. carlie renesmee cullen would of made the book perfect.
DARGLE
Settled in Forks

Post by DARGLE »

i really enjoyed the book but do you know what was so weird ever since reading the book i wanted nothing more than to see Bella become a vampire and then when it does happen a little part of me didn't want her to become one i wanted her to stay human I still dont know why i felt like that. I did however enjoy her transformation and the hunt i was disappointed that the big battle at the end didn't happen that would have been amazing. Jacob had annoyed me in the last book he was getting really annoying but reading his story in BD change my opinion of him totally he was great and some of the things he said were funny. I loved how there was a happy ending and that it has been left open if she wants to write another book so fingers crossed :D
draco117
Settled in Forks

Post by draco117 »

I really enjoyed BD. It made me laugh, it made me tear up, and for once we got to see the inner workings of a SM vampire's mind...so very calculating. I did kinda hope for a better battle in the end, but I supposed it ended well. Because of the Volturi's survival, if SM ever wants to continue the series further, we have the "bad guys". Now all I need to do is hurry my sister up with reading it, cause she is putting a damper on my reading the entire series again (3rd time :shock: )
Linda
Settled in Forks

Post by Linda »

Breaking Dawn was perfect closure. Stephenie threw in some unexpected consequences -- like the pregnancy. :o Every event seemed like a reasonable progression, and the characters dealt with the progression of events without contrivance, acting and reacting like... themselves.

Breaking Dawn was perfect. It fit.

I'm glad there was no battle. As the showdown approached, I couldn't help but wonder who among the family would be sacrificed. I'm so glad the answer was "nobody." I wondered who would enforce the rules, if the volturi were defeated. The southern turf wars make it clear that enforcing rules is necessary. It would have been out-of-character for the Cullens to accept the mantle. I even considered twins. After all, the fetus couldn't be observed through the tough membrane. Everything that happened fit the relm of reasonable possibilities, AND there was a happy ending. :)

I love Breaking Dawn. Well done, Stephenie Meyer.
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Did I like BD? YES. Did I have “issues” with it? YES. But the bottom line… I wanted a happy ending for Edward and Bella, and I got it. I assumed that the story would end with Bella and Edward getting married and she becomes immortal, and not to have that in the middle of the story. There were some twists that I didn’t expect – the baby being the biggest. But Renesmee filled a spot in the story and I’m happy with most things. I did go through several of the “didn’t like it” posts, and I do agree with a lot of those comments. It really made me sit down and think about each section.
What I loved:
  • Happy-Ever-After (this is why I read this series in the first place)
    The wedding
    The honeymoon
    Bella’s whole transformation process, her first moments and the first hunt as a vampire. I loved how she got it and didn’t have to be a newborn.
    Bella and Edward finally able to be together without worry
    The non-violent ending (happy ending!)
    That Jacob agreed to let Edward change Bella.
    That Bella’s change was out of necessity and not “just because.”
What I’m “in the middle” about:
  • Renesmee, she served a purpose, but I was a bit taken by how much the story focused on the baby. Glad Bella and Edward can be happy with her and it completes the Cullen family that much more, but I just felt Bella’s immense affection for her before she was born was a bit much to handle. She should have freaked out more in my mind.
    Jacob, I think he’s a good character, but I didn’t need to hear so much from his point of view – it’s Bella’s story.
    Jacob and Renesmee imprinting.
    Finding another half-breed vampire (Nahuel).
    The introduction of so many new vampires.
    Jacob showing himself to Charlie and Charlie being so casual with it all.
    Rose and Bella – I liked how they grew closer in Eclipse, but I don’t like how Rose wanted the baby and didn’t care as much for Bella (and if I’m wrong, then I didn’t like how it was portrayed that way.)
    I loved that the wolves and vampires are friends – that rocks, but I’m not sure I like that Renesmee and the imprinting just “fixed” everything.
What I didn’t care for (but it didn't ruin the book):
  • Edward’s reaction to the baby – asking Jacob to father another child. Good grief! I wanted more bonding for Edward and Bella and I feel he just went the wrong direction – they’ve been down that road before.
    Leaving poor Leah out… I honestly thought that Leah and Jacob were going to imprint. I figured that hadn’t yet because they were both so hung up on the “wrong” person and their individual anger kept the imprinting at bay. So as I saw Leah “thaw out,” I thought that Jacob would too, and then they would imprint. Oh well, it wasn’t the only thing I got wrong.
So with all of that, I have decided, YES – I liked the book. But I still want more – you can’t have a happy ending forever!!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!