Gex X--the 30 something thread

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Postby ChristinasHeadache » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Oh man! I didn't get to finish reading the other thread lol I was only into the 20's somewhere for page numbers lol.... Well... at least now I can leave my scent all over this thread. Someone help me out please... Isn't Thanksgiving traditionally the 3rd Thursday of November? Is it on the 27th this year? Have I lost my mind so wrapped up in Twilight that my holidays are jumbled up in my brain? lol
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

Image
User avatar
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Somewhere cold, snuggling with my E-Teddy

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Postby myvamp » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:53 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome on the last thread pages..it's pretty cool around here! One of my close friends and "McTwilight" twin bought me my companion book yesterday and is sending out to me today!! I'm so excited!! Oh.."McTwilight" twin is the name we gave ourselves because we were obsessed with Moonlight and Twilight at the same time. Now, more Twilight and TrueBlood though.. This thread is hilarious, you girls have made me laugh!!.. I'll stop back by in just a bit..finishing up a Blood Ties epi on my computer..it's so good!!


..and don't forget..you gals should come check out my sight sometime, I swear you would love it! We have a blast with our Twilight Gratuitous thread!! You all are so welcoming and cool and I would love to introduce you to some of my Twilight gals!!

http://thetrubloodline.proboards.com


Thanks again everyone!! ;)
myvamp
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Postby Goodnight Elizabeth » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:59 pm

ChristinasHeadache wrote:Oh man! I didn't get to finish reading the other thread lol I was only into the 20's somewhere for page numbers lol.... Well... at least now I can leave my scent all over this thread. Someone help me out please... Isn't Thanksgiving traditionally the 3rd Thursday of November? Is it on the 27th this year? Have I lost my mind so wrapped up in Twilight that my holidays are jumbled up in my brain? lol


You can still read the old thread; you just can't post there.

Thanksgiving is always the 4th Thursday in November. This year it is Nov. 27th.

Let's see: Memorial Day is always the last Monday in May. Labor Day is first Monday in September.
Mother's Day - the 2nd Sunday in May? Father's Day: the 2nd Sunday in June? Am I right on those two?
Image
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
User avatar
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood
 
Posts: 1387
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:44 pm
Location: There...plotting Lynz's demise :D

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Postby myvamp » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:02 pm

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:
ChristinasHeadache wrote:Oh man! I didn't get to finish reading the other thread lol I was only into the 20's somewhere for page numbers lol.... Well... at least now I can leave my scent all over this thread. Someone help me out please... Isn't Thanksgiving traditionally the 3rd Thursday of November? Is it on the 27th this year? Have I lost my mind so wrapped up in Twilight that my holidays are jumbled up in my brain? lol


You can still read the old thread; you just can't post there.

Thanksgiving is always the 4th Thursday in November. This year it is Nov. 27th.

Let's see: Memorial Day is always the last Monday in May. Labor Day is first Monday in September.
Mother's Day - the 2nd Sunday in May? Father's Day: the 2nd Sunday in June? Am I right on those two?




Jumping in..you are correct on all those..
myvamp
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Postby ChristinasHeadache » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:05 pm

I hate it when I get confused. I totally blame this on Twilight lol. Gah... I wonder why I thought the 3rd Thursday cuz now I feel like a yutz arguing with my hubby for near of 5 full minutes about it this morning. He wanted to come home for Thanksgiving (he's a trucker lol just wanted to clarify that) but he is going to be home the first week of November and usually only gets home time every month and a half so there's no way he can pull home time again in 3 weeks after being home, and I was arguing that it would be 2 weeks later lol so thanks for making me feel like a dope lol. I don't blame u I blame me for being a numbskull.
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

Image
User avatar
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Somewhere cold, snuggling with my E-Teddy

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Postby Goodnight Elizabeth » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:40 pm

Well, Christina, take solace in the fact that you at least had the date correct.

I can't tell you how many people don't actually know the date for Christmas.

My next to last Christmas Eve at Wal-Mart this woman came in. She'd been in before and was seriously rude to me and everyone else. She had a gigantic chip on her shoulder and acted like we all owed her something. Wal-Mart closes every year at 6:00 or 6:30 on Christmas Eve. This woman reaches my register 30 minutes before we close. She has 6 little separate piles of stuff all over my register. I ring up the different piles. She then hands me 6 two-party checks. Wal-Mart in my then 10 years of service had never accepted two-party checks. I told her I couldn't accept them. She cussed me.

I called a supervisor, and she explained the same thing. We told the woman she could ask the bank in the store to cash it. They also wouldn't accept them. [One of the problems with the checks was that there were 3 different signatures.] She comes back to me and tells me I'm ruining her kids' Christmas. My supervisor asked her when did she received the checks, and she replied "within the last two weeks." She'd had the checks, but didn't cash them, and then waited until the last minute to come to WM to buy presents for her 6 kids - and it was MY fault that her kids' Christmas was being ruined. I so wanted to ask her when did she discover Christmas was coming?

On a similar note, I always laughed OUT LOUD when people would ask me the date on important holidays such as Independence Day, Thanksgiving, or Christmas Eve.

PS: That rude woman was hired by Wal-Mart that next summer. After 2 months of employment, she announced she was pregnant. She had twins - making her kid count to 8. Different daddy again, by the way. She took maternity leave and never came back.
Image
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
User avatar
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood
 
Posts: 1387
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:44 pm
Location: There...plotting Lynz's demise :D

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Postby spookybell » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:06 pm

there are people out there who don't know the correct date of Christmas??? Really? That's pretty bad. I didn't even celebrate Christmas and I know when it is... as well as Valentines Day and St. Patricks day.

The again, I have recently met a few people who told me that they knew who the canidates running for president are but they could not tell me who was the Republican and who was the Democrat. Embarassing!!!
Image
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
User avatar
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan
 
Posts: 2125
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:18 pm
Location: gnawing on Edward's earlobe

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Postby Variety » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:07 pm

GNE - sometimes you just have to wonder what planet some people were born on. I used to work at a call center answering phone calls, and we were trained to "talk people down." But, even so, there were always some people who didn't get the concept of "respect," so the next thing they trained us on was when we could hang up on a customer.

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday as well, for all the wonderful Christmas music. Unless I have a choir I have to prepare music for, I force myself to wait until after Halloween to pull out my Christmas music, both to listen to and to play. We have had an interesting Christmas tradition. When hubby and I first got married, I went out, bought tree decorations, and decorated the tree. When he saw it, he raised his eyebrows and gave me a "look" that clearly meant, "what were you thinking?" So, we found out we have different tastes in decorating our Christmas tree. I like all white lights and color-coordinated decorations. He likes COLOR - lights and decorations. Well, we had a small apartment, and a small tree, so we agreed to alternate years in having our way, until we had a place where we could have 2 trees. Then, I would get to decorate the tree in the "front room" that would be seen from the street, and he could have the larger family tree. It wouldn't be seen from outside (thank goodness - I shudder to think of the mismatched ornaments), and that's the tree we'd put our gifts under, which he preferred. Works great! My tree - all red and gold (with some black) and is music themed.

Ooh, speaking of Christmas trees, has anyone heard of the Festival of Trees in Salt Lake? It is a big charity event where the proceeds go to Primary Children's Hospital. The trees are all donated, and anyone can do one. This year, the SLTA (us Utah Twilight gals) are doing a Twilight Tree. However, the theme will be a bit subtle. Can't wait to see how it turns out, and I'll be sure to post pictures. (Credit goes to Dano for wanting to give back to the community.)
Image
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
User avatar
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:52 pm
Location: Hiding from my family so I can read

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Postby myvamp » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:11 pm

Variety wrote:GNE - sometimes you just have to wonder what planet some people were born on. I used to work at a call center answering phone calls, and we were trained to "talk people down." But, even so, there were always some people who didn't get the concept of "respect," so the next thing they trained us on was when we could hang up on a customer.

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday as well, for all the wonderful Christmas music. Unless I have a choir I have to prepare music for, I force myself to wait until after Halloween to pull out my Christmas music, both to listen to and to play. We have had an interesting Christmas tradition. When hubby and I first got married, I went out, bought tree decorations, and decorated the tree. When he saw it, he raised his eyebrows and gave me a "look" that clearly meant, "what were you thinking?" So, we found out we have different tastes in decorating our Christmas tree. I like all white lights and color-coordinated decorations. He likes COLOR - lights and decorations. Well, we had a small apartment, and a small tree, so we agreed to alternate years in having our way, until we had a place where we could have 2 trees. Then, I would get to decorate the tree in the "front room" that would be seen from the street, and he could have the larger family tree. It wouldn't be seen from outside (thank goodness - I shudder to think of the mismatched ornaments), and that's the tree we'd put our gifts under, which he preferred. Works great! My tree - all red and gold (with some black) and is music themed.

Ooh, speaking of Christmas trees, has anyone heard of the Festival of Trees in Salt Lake? It is a big charity event where the proceeds go to Primary Children's Hospital. The trees are all donated, and anyone can do one. This year, the SLTA (us Utah Twilight gals) are doing a Twilight Tree. However, the theme will be a bit subtle. Can't wait to see how it turns out, and I'll be sure to post pictures. (Credit goes to Dano for wanting to give back to the community.)



Jumping back on a sec..the planet you refer to in your first sentence..

It's called Planet Knucklehead.. LOL! :lol:
myvamp
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Postby ChristinasHeadache » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:19 pm

But I didn't have the date right! lol I thought it was the 20th and then after I cleaned up from Thanksgiving I would be heading off to the Theater for the midnight release of Twilight :lol: So I had to thank my husband for clearing up the confusion for me now I know I have an entire WEEK after Twilight to see it every day until Turkey time!
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

Image
User avatar
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Somewhere cold, snuggling with my E-Teddy

PreviousNext

Return to The Cullen Basement

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest