Scott Westerfeld --The Uglies series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Scott Westerfeld --The Uglies series

Post by urcoolcarrie »

^ha! me and my friends did that too!! you get so caught up in the story, it just translates into how you talk. :)

i actually liked extras. it was just weird for me, because i had grown to love tally, and when she wasn't completely there all the time, it was a little depressing.

i really need to re read these books again to refresh my memory.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Wha cha!
I just got Uglies and Pretties from my library...
and I skipped straight to Pretties.
All for Zane-la.
Then once I get Specials, I'll start talking like them again,

I think the one word from there that has becaome a staple of my vocabulary is "ping". I use it all the time! Like when I get a new chat on Gmail, or a new message on Yahoo, it sends a ping. Exactly like Tally, but I don't have an eyescreen (I wish).
I hear the ping, and I obey!
KStew and RPatz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KStew and RPatz »

i think my favorite part of the whole series was at the end of Specials. I don't think a book has ever made me think about it that much. What I lived was how Zane died (so sad), then David telling Tally she wasn't alone. I belielve his exact words were "You're not alone Tally. Don't pretend you are." I just thought that was so great. And then after she got to the rusty ruins and remembered him telling that to her. I can't put into words how powerful that was to me. I think I actually like this series more than I liked Twilight. :o
KStew and RPatz

luv_edward_cullen wrote:I loved Uglies when it first started but I didn't like the direction it went in later on in the series. But all in all, a great series. Probs my third favourite (after Harry Potter and Twilight). I heard they were gonna turned it into a movie but it never happened. What's the deal with that?
the page is on IMDB, but the status is still in-production. They haven't even got a cast yet.
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

KStew and RPatz wrote:I think I actually like this series more than I liked Twilight. :o
I'm with you! No offence to Twilighters but basically everyone who reads Twilight reads it for Edward, not for the actual book.

They were talking about making Uglies into a movie two years ago cause it was the guy who directed Eragon who wanted to direct Uglies (God I really hope he doesn't). It's two years later and they haven't said a word so I'm guessing the movie's off. I kinda wish it was made into a movie though.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I'd like it to be a movie too, but I think that there would be complications, or at least if they wanted to be true and make the entire series. See, they're always changing their appearances and then they'd always have to get different actors (except for like, David and Zane) and their voices wouldn't match up. I don't know why, but I always imagined their voices being the same. And I don't think Uglies is popular enough to be made into a whole long movie sequence. The only ones that popular are HP, LOTR, and hopefully Twilight. Then they'd have to horribly wrap it up in 1 movie and not get to all the fantastic stuff in the two other books, or sloppily cram it in. So, I hope it won't be made into a movie. Even though I should know better, I always watch the movies and they nearly always make me upset. The horror of what they could do to Uglies would just kill me.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Making Uglies into a movie would be more impossible than Breaking Dawn, and I wouldn't want them too anyways. Hollywood is ruining enough good books as is...
KStew and RPatz

it would be great if they could make a movie from this series and not ruin it. I think it has the potential to be a great movie (not just for the people who like the book.)
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I think if they were able to make at least until Specials and they stuck to the book the movies would be really good. However, with people even wondering if there will be a New Moon *crosses fingers* the possibility of there being a Pretties and Specials is very, very slim, and not completing the series would stink.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
little-freak

Post by little-freak »

i just finished the books the third time they so great! i cried when zane died...he was one of the coolest!!

and i love our german covers!! specials is the best one!!!

http://tdb.carlsen.de/images/covers/med ... 355812.jpg

http://tdb.carlsen.de/images/covers/med ... 355829.jpg

http://tdb.carlsen.de/images/covers/med ... 355836.jpg
Alice's Party Planning Committee: V.I.P.-Guest
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.

Image Image