General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Breaking Dawn-I liked it

Post by Pel »

This is the place to post your review of Breaking Dawn if you liked the book. You can only post on ONE review thread once.

In other words, say your peace on the one thread (liked, didn't like, in between) that most applies to you. You can edit your reply if you want, but not commenting back to other posters on this particular thread. Also, no trying to convince people on the other review threads over to your side this is where people get to say what that want in a respectful manner regarding how they felt on the book.
em's_twilight
Settled in Forks

Re: Breaking Dawn-I liked it

Post by em's_twilight »

Ill admite, when i read the first half of the book, i hated it, absolutely hated it. I wanted to burn it. It was like it was written by a totally different auther who hadnt even read the previous books :evil: but i didnt give up, i knew i had to finish the book no matter what, because it at least deserved that much... The more and more i got into the book i feel in love with it more and more... and it ended up being the only Twilight book that made me cry, and when i say cry i mean i couldnt see the pages anymore cuz my eyes were so blured from the tears. I cryed in the part when everyone was saying goodbye to each other when they thought they were going to be slaughtered. I pretty much balled, and i thought to myself, it doesnt get better then this... not them dieing of course, but the way the story ended. I loved it so much, it was such a great rollercoaster ride reading all these books, and i was so happy. There isnt any other way of explaining it, im just happy. :D :cry: :D
WinniePony
Wandering Through Town

Post by WinniePony »

I loved Breaking Dawn!!! It was so amazing!!! Bella getting pregnant kinda threw me for a loop, I didn't think that was possible, but I suppose if Steph writes it then it happened. I loved the part from Jake's PoV, it was so cute! And I know some people think it's stupid because everybody got their happy ending, but I liked that. It would be sad if they all got slaughtered by the Volturi. And I'm so glad Jake got Nessie, I felt so bad for him. And the separate packs thing was so interesting! I love the idea. I was crying so hard when Bella thought they were all going to die, and I cried when Alice left. I love Renesmee! She's so amazing. Wow. The whole book was amazing, I loved it. :D
Some things exist, whether you believe in them or not. ~Valiant by Holly Black
LisaAnn
Wandering Through Town

Post by LisaAnn »

I absolutely adored the book, and was mad at myself that it took so long for me to read it (It took all day Saturday and most of Sunday for me because I have to follow a strict routine). Even though there aren't that many Jasper lines (Jasper is my favourite literary character of all time), it is still my favourite book. It did make me cry (more so than in New Moon) when Jasper and Alice left...seriously a good 15 minutes was freaking out/crying over Jazz and Alice's departure. There was a lot of squealing going on when I was reading the book. But no, seriously my favourite of the series.
I can't figure out how to delete my account.
future_mrs_cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by future_mrs_cullen »

I absolutely adored the book. I'm so glad there was a happy ending.
...And they lived happily ever after.

THE END
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

Wow! It's good to be back. ;) I loved Breaking Dawn! I've read it three times now and I love it more each time. I think it was a perfect way to end the series.
twilighter1193
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilighter1193 »

i really liked BD! sure there were some really intense and really weird parts but i like that stuff! but i sort of wish that there was some more to the ending... more of a fight you know?? but other than that little bit i really, really loved it! it is my #2 in my ranking of favorite twilight books... twilight is #1!
i LOVE twilight <3;
I have MAJOR O.C.D.!!!(obsessive Cullen disorder)

Team Edward: Bringing sexy back since 1901
higgin704
Settled in Forks

Post by higgin704 »

Though BD had a different "feel" to it, I very much liked it. In particular, I loved the wedding, the first hunt, and the last few pages.
Monica
Settled in Forks

Post by Monica »

I had to read it twice to like it. the first time I was horribly shocked and had my own vision of what I wanted to happen. For example, since the story of the immortal children being bad in the beginning, I hated Nessie. Even till the very end. I wanted her gone. And I hated how Bella reacted to Jacob imprinting. I thought it was pretty unBella and hypocritical (wrong word, but all I can think of) for her to judge and stuff.

Then I remember how Stephenie told people who didn't like New Moon to read it a second time to enjoy it.

So I did that. And knowing the story before helped so I actually digested and paid attention to the details instead of the plot. And I love Breaking Dawn. Absolutely love it.
Stormy
Settled in Forks

Post by Stormy »

The first time reading Breaking Dawn, I was stunned. I almost felt like I was reading another story altogether - not the 4th installment to the Twilight Saga. Everything that happened kind of didn't seem real to me at first. After about a week of thinking and rethinking about all the things in Breaking Dawn, I started liking it more and more. I ended up rereading my favorite parts- (the honeymoon, right after Bella becomes a vampire, and the very ending when Bella lets Edward hear her thoughts) - and decided that I actually liked the book a lot :lol:
And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.
The end.