General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Sequels

Post by Tamalyn »

I would LOVE to have her write some 'backstories' as novels - There's so much I want to know and to see about how the Cullens became what they are. IE, I would love to know more about Carslile's time with the Volturi, Esme's life story, Emmet's POV on his life would be HILARIOUS. I think Alice's human life would be cool to learn about too. SIGH - I hope Steph doesn't put these characters away forever. I would be so sad.
roxyrae
Settled in Forks

Post by roxyrae »

Tamalyn wrote:I would LOVE to have her write some 'backstories' as novels - There's so much I want to know and to see about how the Cullens became what they are. IE, I would love to know more about Carslile's time with the Volturi, Esme's life story, Emmet's POV on his life would be HILARIOUS. I think Alice's human life would be cool to learn about too. SIGH - I hope Steph doesn't put these characters away forever. I would be so sad.
The guide that SM wrote will probably have some of those, I know she talked about Alice in one of her Q&A's and how there will be some information on her there. I would also be really sad if these characters are away forever, I am so drawn to their stories and lives that I would be really sad if there isn't anymore.
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

roxyrae wrote: I would also be really sad if these characters are away forever, I am so drawn to their stories and lives that I would be really sad if there isn't anymore.

I agree. I would miss them. They still seem to have a story left.

Harry Potter is the only other character i really thought i couldn't do without but the way the books ended left me happy. He was off to live an uneventful life with his family and friends...

however, i didn't get that feeling with Breaking Dawn. There are still a few loose ends... Nesse/Jacob and of course the Volturi. Now that the vampires know they can reproduce with humans there has to be a story there as well. I would love a story where bella and edward make an appearance and we get a little update.. but i do hope for a story or two more.

Personally i am a HUGE history buff. I would love to read more about Carlisle's story. There are centuries of his history, there HAS to be a story in there somewhere.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Tamalyn wrote:I would LOVE to have her write some 'backstories' as novels - There's so much I want to know and to see about how the Cullens became what they are. IE, I would love to know more about Carslile's time with the Volturi, Esme's life story, Emmet's POV on his life would be HILARIOUS. I think Alice's human life would be cool to learn about too. SIGH - I hope Steph doesn't put these characters away forever. I would be so sad.

Same here, i love these characters way too much to just have the story be over and never learn anything more about them. I'm definitely planning on purchasing that guide that SM mentioned..but i still feel like i'd need a little bit more writing from her in terms of Twilight...*sniff* is anyone else really bummed that the storyline itself is at an end? At least from Bella's perspective?
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I would loove a book in Leah's point of view, just because I feel for her and I think we haven't really gotten to give her a "Happy Ending" yet, and everybody deserves an "and-they-lived-happily-ever-after" I also wouldn't mind a book evolving from Jake and Nessie's relationship. Brother/Wolf to Hubby Boo/Wolf. lol Agreed? :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-Dark(Meteor's twin)
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
cabingurl
Settled in Forks

Post by cabingurl »

roxyrae wrote:I am hoping that she publishes both the Leah and Renesmee POV's if she writes them (or post on her website so we can read). I am so not ready for Twilight to be over with, even with the guide and Midnight Sun coming out it just feels like there should be more (well for me at least). I am so curious about what happens with Renesmee and the rest of the characters. I would not mind if it was from Leah's POV but personally I would rather Alice or Renesmee, I love Alice and I know that I would love to read more of her and Jasper and the rest of the conflict that will come from the Volturi.
I am totally with you. I feel there are so many stories that could be told with the other characters from the book. I would love to see a book from Renesmee's POV. I am just not ready to let go yet. I want more!!
You should have seen the look on his face when I started taking my clothes off- Jacob Black
LinkinParkMcCullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by LinkinParkMcCullen »

Anything to do with the Twilight series in ANY POV would be awsome! I do wish SM would write more than just one book than Midtnight Sun in Edwards POV.
ImageImage
higgin704
Settled in Forks

Post by higgin704 »

LinkinParkMcCullen wrote:Anything to do with the Twilight series in ANY POV would be awsome! I do wish SM would write more than just one book than Midtnight Sun in Edwards POV.

I am with you on this She has stated that New Moon would be so painful to write from Edward's perspective. I can understand where she is coming from on this. However, he is gone for so long in New Moon... I think it has the greatest potential for *new* material.

angie
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

I REALLY hope she continues this story. Because its soo.. captivating!

I would love a Jacsie story. That would be AMAZING!
J<3B
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

I wasn't quite sure where to put this, but as it contains to future stories, I'll put it here.

I was a little disappointed that there was no fight at the end. I know that Steph said she wanted it to be more of a court-room drama than a battle where several characters would die... and I shuddered when I heard her answer in an interview that she KNEW which ones would die! My heart lurched! Edward? Bella? Nessie? Which one, or all of them?

I know that the Volturi are extremely powerful, but it seemed strange to me that there was NO WAY the Cullens could fight against them physically. I didn't agree with the fact that the only characters who died in the series were the "bad ones..." James, Victoria, Laurent, Riley, Bree, Irina. I expected a little bit of physical conflict, not just strategy.
So, I would like to see some of the Volturi brought down! lol! Because it WAS mentioned that the Volturi would come back after the Cullens to pick them off separately.