Schools, What is yours like?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Schools, What is yours like?

Post by Valentina »

My high school was pretty awesome. It looked like a mental institution though XP. But all the lockers were different colours and we had vending machines that weren't on a timer.. haha but the change machine was ALWAYS broken. If you had a spare lesson you actually had to leave the school grounds (or go to Study Hall, but we just sat and played cards or fooled around on the internet). It was kinda sports oriented but there wasn't really funding for anything, so the sports programs and gym didn't get enough funding either. I'm not making it sound very good, am I? LOL But it was actually pretty good. Most of the teachers were pretty awesome or easy to provoke... one time a teacher yelled at me "I don't even like talking to you!" when I asked him a question (but I was kind of deliberately provoking him, so it was funny, not hurtful).

There were a lot of groups that were kind of like cliques, but pretty much everyone was nice to each other. Like the cheerleaders got along with us art nerds and we all got along with the football players and the brainy students... there were a few kids that just made life hell but generally they were the minority and people even outside of your group would stick up for you if they saw you getting made fun of. You still had to stick up for yourself and develop something of a thick skin, but it wasn't as bad as some places... we never had any bullying related suicides.

I'm in uni now though and its so much better! Even though I miss high school. I miss not having any real responsiblities... now there's groceries and rent (if you don't live at home, like I'm lucky to get to do) and tuition and books plus homework and school-type drama. But its also awesome cuz no one knows me except as I am now... no one calling me by my grade one nickname!

My uni has all connected buildings so you never have to go outside except to the parking lot. Its nice in the winter, but I'm jealous of the students who live in res... they're the ones in flipflops and shorts in the middle of winter, lol. We have a fantastic Fine Arts program and some cool architecture (FNUniv, federated to my school, has a super awesome building http://esask.uregina.ca/management/app/ ... A070C6.jpg and now there's a giant glass tepee inside the curve on the front of the building), and a whole course about COMICS! Also a course about Harry Potter, but I didn't get into that one cuz it was full like four minutes after registration opened for the upperclassmen and I couldn't even register for anything for another week or so.
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I go to a public high school. The dress code is pretty flexiable, and most of the teachers are nice. If you wanna call them that. It offers a lot of art, tech ed and home ec classes, which by the way are so worth it cause the core classes that we have to take suckk! I like my school, and I would probably hate my parents forever if they made me move.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I'm in high school in southern CA, so my school isn't an indoor school. We just have individual buildings of classrooms, the library, office, guidance counselor, etc. then it's all outdoors (with overhangs for those rare rainy days). We don't have a cafeteria--we eat outside (except for when there's clubs going on in teacher's classrooms). And out lockers just got taken out this year so there's nothing to store my stuff in :x We've been under construction too, and have these new classrooms that are FREEZING!!! They have the air on all the time and it get so cold!! And the walls are blank because their new, and so teachers aren't allowed to put stuff on the walls. The new classrooms are boring and cold.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

I go to your average British secondary school!
I have always loved school (well except when there isn't coursework involved!)

I'm in Wales though and so the school is divided by language and it sucks.
It really does get me angry.
In the welsh primary school if you speak english you are sent home and you are not allowed to talk ot the english children.
It's such a shame becuase most of my best frineds speak Welsh.
I can too but I'm in an enlsihg form!

All in all though a good school! :D
xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

Waffle of Doom wrote:I go to a 'Christian' private school, and in some ways it's awesome, but in a lot it sucks.
Sooo most of you go to PUBLIC school, and I saw a few that go to Catholic school, and I only saw ONE other that goes to a CHRISTIAN school. Well you are not alone now.

I have been going to the same school ALL my life, well since kindergarten.
There is 300 students in my school. And thats preschool - 12th.
There is I think 26 highschoolers. Which is annoying.
We have to wear uniforms. They aren't that bad, but I've been wearing these same uniforms since kindergarten.
I cannot wait to get out.
My school requires 28 credits(my school is supposedly advanced), when public schools around here only require I think 21.
I will be 16 by the end of the scool year and I will have 26 credits, 2 less than what I need to graduate(2 years early) and 5 more than what I would need in a public school around here. I really don't want to go back because all my friends are graduating this year and there is really no point, if I only need 2 more credits. I'm probably just going to do what my friend did, and go to the college to get my diploma, because they will give it to me.
Wacko_Fan13
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Wacko_Fan13 »

I fo to a catholic grade school. it sucks. because we have like pre-k and stuff, we can't do anything fun. it sucks. Crazy as it seems, i'm applying for an all girls catholic high school that i really want to go to. they do so much normal stuff, it's awesome! My school now is run by sisters. Some are cool, some are not. I guess that life with any teachers, right? so, thats it for my short rant. i could go on forever, but
1. I've got alge-DARN!!!! I forgot my graph paper at school. well, thats not happening. so...

1. I've got to cahnge out of my unifom
2. i'm to lazy to type anymore. :D
Team Jasper/Jackson
Team Edward/Robert
Awesome banner made by Iris Messenger. Thx so much!!
Laura
Wandering Through Town

Post by Laura »

I absolutely loved my high school! We lived right off of a military base, so we had this huge blend of cultures. My school's band is one of the best in the nation (something our football team sure can't say =]) We had a population of about 1400 and my graduating class was 285-ish. The only thing I really disliked was that the drop-out rate was really high and so was our pregnancy rate. Other than that I loved it. I'm proud to have went to that school. The school gained a bad reputation in the 90's when it got really overcrowded. They eventually built a new school and the fights and crime died down. After that the problems pretty much went away. I miss my high school. I had some really great teachers and my best friend resulted from sophomore English class! I was actually considering teaching there when I finish college...

Which brings me to my college. I'm in community because I don't feel like paying off student loans until I die xD I really love it too. The smaller classes are really nice and I like that the campus isn't huge. I live about 20 minutes away so the drive isn't too bad.
They were perfect, they were beautiful.They met in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of nothing, and kissed where everyone could see.No words. No before.No after. They kissed and it was perfect. It was beautiful. It was everything. It was nothing. -AFI
ChanelChic
Settled in Forks

Post by ChanelChic »

I go to a public high school. It's a pretty safe school, and no one gets bullied [or at least from what I've seen.] There's nothing much exciting about my school except for the weekly draws for cookies on Friday for students who have been caught doing something positive in the school. I haven't won yet though! :roll: Yeah...and then were having spirit week next week, I hope at least this something to look forward to!
Image Image Image
Michiyuki
Wandering Through Town
Location: Out on Patrol along the border of La Push with Jake playing tag...

Post by Michiyuki »

I go to a magnet school, a magnet school specializes in a certain thing, and the one I go to is a business high school, so I basicly use the computer for everyclass but P.E, sometimes I kind of get sick of being in front of the computer so much, I used to be a computer hog at home, now I'm not that much of a fan anymore.....

things I like about my school, the buildings are round and out side, you may get lost but it gives you a great view. My school has been known to be a bad school for getto people, like gangsters. But it's surprisingly really clean for the most part, and if it was a bad school it wouldn't be ranked in the top five of the state of Texas!!
Not gonna ever own what's mine, When you’re always taking sides?
But you won’t take away my pride, No not this time, not this time

Team Jake
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

well....if allelie hasn't already posted here I'll describe our school( cool huh two Twilighters in the same school? and in most classes together :lol: ) well back on topic our school is very similar I would say to all school they all have the academic look to it :lol: I consider our school amazing becasue of the people in it. a school wouln't be a school without us :D well we act all childish all time (well at least we do :lol: )and joke around beleive me we are very cool to hang out with you'll never get bored. we also have some good teachers others beleive me they have the "look" on them that explains STAY AWAY OR I'LL FAIL YOU!!! I had a teacher like that :lol: I love my school!!!!!
......sorry if I made this long :oops: I had alot to say :lol:
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*