Gex X--the 30 something thread

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by una »

Inspired, sorry to hear about your broken bone!! I broke my pinky toe and didn't know it. Walked around for a day at work before I figured it out (forced myself to keep my shoes on...this is an example of when a high pain tolerance is not your friend). By the time I figured out it was broken, nothing could have been done anyway. I hope it heals fast!

Welcome newbies! Glad you guys have found the sparkly new thread! Yay!

Christmas is my favorite time of year and hubby's which is why we got married on December 16th. Although to have an anniversary this time of year is difficult (our choir performance is always the third Sunday in December..right around or on our anniversary). But I love to decorate. I think we should post pictures of our trees once we get them up, I loved your's GNE! My tree is pretty eclectic but I LOVE it!

GNE - Nothing worse than stomach flu! I hope you feel better soon!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Thanks SuperTwin! Why aren't you on YM? Huhmmmm?

You know you can depend on me for pictures. Ha!

KNE & I married December 30th (Una's grandma's birthday). This year is our 10th anniversary, and I've yet to get something for Christmas that wasn't ALSO for my anniversary. I'm glad my birthday is in the summer. KNE's parents anniversary is Dec 27, and his mom's birthday is Dec 15th. I feel bad for her.

What's your favorite Holiday dessert? 1. you make 2. someone else makes
1. My punchbowl cake
2. Mom's anything. Seriously. She makes a wonderful lemonade pie, chocolate chip pie, and date nut bars every Christmas.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

You are making me hungry GNE! Recipes, holidays....where to begin!

1. Pecan Pumpkin Pie
2. My Mom's Christmas Sugar Cookies. They are unreal, so good!
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Favorite holiday desserts:

That I make: Well, last year I tried my hand at making chocolate pie from scratch... with Splenda. It turned out pretty good, for a first-time endeavor. I like the banana bread that I make every year for Thanksgiving.

That someone else makes: One SIL always makes pumpkin bread. For Christmas, we don't have a specific dessert. It's usually a tray of variety of things that we all make for gifts- cookies, candy, etc.
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

GNE - even sick you remember my Gramma's birthday, you are my SUPERTwin!

I feel bad for those people that share their birthday's with holidays. My hubby every four years or so has his birthday on Easter and my Gramma's is usually combined with Christmas. However, we ALWAYS get separate gifts so one is for the holiday and one for the birthday (even if the parties are combined) so they know they didn't get skipped.

Favorite Holiday Treats:
1. The one that I make that I love is sugar cookies. I love making them and I love eating them. Nothing better than a sugar cookie and icing...mmmm, icing from the container.....*where's the drool smilie?*

2. It's a tie between my Mom's Strawberry Trifle or my MIL's Pumpkin Pie. Luckily I get both every year! :twisted:

ETA: I'm not on YM because I've been out of the office most of today, but I"ll log on during class. ACK! I teach in less than an hour!! :shock:
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:Gingerbread Person 1

Gingerbread Person 2
Wow, it feels like forever since I've been on this thread, or the Lex period. Life is way too hectic right now. Anyway, a funny story about putting gingerbread men on Christmas trees....

When I was still living at home, my mom started to decorate her tree with homemade gingerbread men. Each year, she kept putting them on the tree higher and higher because one of my nephews kept biting the legs and arms of the cookies. :lol: My mom would have to make more each year to replace the handicapped cookies.

Favorite Holiday Desserts: pumpkin pie, cake, cookies, rolls and gingerbread
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs »

Favourite holiday recipes:

I make: my grandma's shortbread cookies. I've only had one Christmas where I was able to make anything, so I don't have much to go on yet

Someone Else makes: my mom makes these things called Chocolate mice, and they are really, REALLY good. They are really just lumps of peanut butter, rice krispees, and coconut rolled up and dipped in chocolate, but oh so tasty.
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

wow, i have a busy day at work and i come back to a new thread and 4 pages in already!

Welcome Celestial!!!

I'm not going to add anything to the conversation about the holidays. i am the Grinch. i don't enjoy Christmas. I never really have.

*ducks to avoid the influx of gingerbread men and pies about to be thrown at her*

It's worse now that my dad's gone, and my favourite aunt passed away Christmas Eve last year.

wah wah wah...here comes Debbie Downer.

i do like turkey dinner and my mom's homemade butterscotch pie, if that redeems me.

as for the leg warmers, i found a whole whack of them at Winners tonight. I almost bought a pair.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Okay I hate to inturrupt the Christmas conversation... but I am freaking out and I have to share with people who might care!

My Twilight obsession has branched out into my Facebook page. A girl (now a woman) that I was a summer camp counselor for sent me a message telling me that she works for the company that is promoting the Twilight movie locally. She's hooking me up with tickets to the Premiere on Tuesday the 18th -- AHHHH!!!!!! How freaking amazing is that? I'm kinda hyperventelating.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
una

Post by una »

Spookybell - that is so incredibly awesome!!! I'm so jealous!

I love Christmas, it is my favorite time of year. I can't wait until the local jazz station plays Christmas music 24-7 starting the day after Thanksgiving. I LOVE decorating my house. I spend all day (the day after Thanksgiving) getting the tree up, decorated and other decorations up. I play "A Christmas Story" and "Nightmare before Christmas" while I do this. I have SUCH fun! I'm already starting to shake with excitement! :D (we need a spazzing out smilie)