Ways to convince others to read Twilight

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TheCullenBoysAreMine
Settled in Forks

Re: Ways to convince others to read Twilight

Post by TheCullenBoysAreMine »

DONT try to explain it cuz they'll give u this look like"who the heck are u and what did u do with my friend?"or just like"ok....ur insane."lol.just tell them to read it or you'll tie them to a tree and read it out loud to them(this threat actually works.lol)or just hand them the book and say"shut up and read."lol.
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me, I wanted to say.I've tried.
Oh and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
keep it light.

Bella and Edward,Midnight Sun.
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

urcoolcarrie wrote:like so many other people have said, the talking really does the trick. if you just sit there and constantly talk 24/7, and tell them that you won't stop until they read it, eventually they will cave. thats what my friend did. so many people were talking about it, and she wanted to be in the conversation too.
That's exactly how I got convinced to read Twilight. I remembering telling myself not to read Twilight ever, because it seemed to be taking over a lot of people in my grade. But my friends would always be talking about it, and ooohing and aaahing and talking about how Edward's so great, and Bella's so lucky. I felt so left out that I forced myself to read it. I honestly thought it was going to be some cheesy romance story, and I told myself not to get hooked. Needless to say, I was addicted to it. Right from the moment Edward was introduced BAM, I fell in love! And I'm pretty grateful that I caved :D!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

How do I get a person who is stubborn and not into fantasy to read Twilight? I've already tried a few things that don't work:
a. talking about it excessively
b. telling her she MUST MUST MUST read it
c. challenging her
And what's worse, me and my other twihard friend were trying to get another friend to read Twilight and my stubborn friend said, "Don't read it. It's horrible."
Gah! She's spreading the insanity and it must be stopped!!! Any help?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

This is what I've tried:

Talking about it constantly. (Didn't work)

Talking about it in random outbursts, and when people asked what you were talking about, saying 'never mind, it's a twilight thing.' (worked)

Giving it as a birthday present along with a Twilight-themed birthday card. (they read it and got bored on the 1st page. :cry: )

Carrying the book EVERYWHERE.

Moving all copies of twilight, NM, eclipse and BD into really, really, REALLY obvious spots in the library in a pyramid formation. (worked!)

Hope it helps!
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Thanks bite_me. I think I'm going to try the birthday present thing. Only her birthday's in April, and I'll want her to see the movie in the theatre. Hmm...she'll just be getting an early birthday present then! :)
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I can't get my husband to read Twilight. He loves fantasy and vampires. I know he wouldn't obsess over it the way I do but I really think he'd like it. And I'd love to be able to talk to him about it.

Unfortunately he saw the trailer for the movie and didn't like it. I tried to tell him that most of those scenes don't match up exactly with the book.

He likes to read but he's a very ssllooowww reader so he chooses his books carefully. I've tried leaving the books laying around the house. I've tried throwing interesting Twilight comments into our conversations (nothing that gives anything away) to peak his interest. I do try not to talk about Twilight constantly because he's the type that resists if you push him too hard. I don't know what else to do without seeming pushy.
Last edited by Destani on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

I say this first "Read Twilight. Or I will provoke the Volturi and blame you." then I will tell them to read it every day and it works really well oh and to make it go faster put your hands on their shoulders and shake them.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

i think heavy persistence is the key
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I am currently working on getting my cousin to read it. She said "I don't really like Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, and I think they are similar." So, I had to get to work and explain how different Twilight is. It was not hard to do. My cousin is a huge book reader and loves going to the book store. I told her to humor me and read the first 3 chapters. If it does not interest her, leave the book at the bookstore. I'll keep you all posted as to how that works.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

So far I only got my co-worker to read it. Just lent her New Moon today and she's 2/3rds of the way done and that's during work hours (her reading only at lunch time)
I think she's hooked. But my other friend has Eclipse so she's reading too fast for my slow friend to return the book to me.