Gutter Gals & Guys School for Cullen-ary Arts --Adult Thread

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys School for Cullen-ary Arts --Adult Thread

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

dragon-girl wrote:We have bank holidays and stuff, too, where we get a long weekend, but if you were to ask someone 'what's your favourite holiday?' they would be more likely to say 'The time I went to the Caribbean with my family last summer' or something like that, than 'Halloween'.
I'm s-l-o-w-w-w. We call your holidays - vacations. I knew that. I really did. Can I blame my blunder on the stomach flu? Please.

I need to vent. I know there's a thread for it, but .... I hate my ISP. I have WildBlue through Dish Network. I have had them since May, and every month - EVERY MONTH - there has been an issue. This month's issue: we paid our bill and then about 10 days later, they took the same payment from our credit card without giving us any notification. No, we didn't have auto-pay set up. Also, a tech guy sent me a new modem a few weeks ago because we thought I was having modem issues. The issue corrected itself, and I never had to take theirs out of the box. I took it to Office Depot and sent it back via UPS. Now we're being charged $150 because they haven't received it yet. I'm so disgusted with them.

Guess who's gonna be fed to the Volturi now? :twisted:
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:
dragon-girl wrote:We have bank holidays and stuff, too, where we get a long weekend, but if you were to ask someone 'what's your favourite holiday?' they would be more likely to say 'The time I went to the Caribbean with my family last summer' or something like that, than 'Halloween'.
I'm s-l-o-w-w-w. We call your holidays - vacations. I knew that. I really did. Can I blame my blunder on the stomach flu? Please.
To make it even more confusing. In Latin America, we call "vacations" to what people here call Summer break. I guess I don't want to generalize but a lot of Spanish speaking people that I know use the same term. In a lot of places the school term is usually from January through October, and we couldn't call the time off in between school years "summer break" because the break does not fall during summer necessarily . Then the term "Holidays" is used the same way as it is used in the US.
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

I *finally* figured out my favourite Halloween reference movie - The Addams Family. In it, kids come to their door trick or treating and Lurch answers it, scaring the pants off them. Wednesday also comes down and when someone asks her why she's not dressed up, she says "I'm going as a serial killer. They look just like everyone else."
Hubby and I bought the video of Addams Family 1 and 2 (sad to say there was a 3rd one - with Daryl Hannah [!] as Morticia and Tim Curry as Gomez). I won't touch #3 with a 10 foot pole.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Ha ha! Nena, I love your new avie. My friend used that as her avie on a work forum and I laughed every time I saw it. I'm so glad I get to relive that laughter each time I check the Lex.

So, I just had to post some good news. My husband and I are under contract to buy a townhome. We were already pre-approved for a loan, so now it's just get the loan paperwork to go through! Woo hoo!
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

.GNE Sorry to hear about ISP troubles. We had a similar problem witn DirectTV when we moved here. They kept charging us for 4 months after we cancelled. It was so frustrating, I feel your pain! I am with you- Sic the Volturi on the whole lot of them :twisted: You feeling any better yet?
My husband said my foot was as pretty as a rainbow...all I could think of was rainbow popsicles. I am still giggling :lol: He thinks I'm still loopy from my pain drugs *snickering*
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

GNE Seriously, your ISP guys should be dragged out into the street and shot. It almost seems too good for them to be a meal for the Volturri...maybe if Jane could play with them for a while... :twisted:

Ha! It's not the pain drugs Inspired, it's the TOCD = Twilight-Obsessive Compulsive Disorder; no matter where you look, what you do, you can relate it Twilight.

ETA: I wonder if we'll get to exceed 100 pages...
Last edited by una on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:
I love The Covenant (Steven mmmm), Practical Magic, An American Werewolf in London, Teen Witch (remember that?),
Halt!!! The Covenant. Tell me about that. I went to the library the other day to pick up the DVD's I had put on hold. I had the Covenant in the pile. However, I couldn't remember requesting it. When I looked at who was in the film... in hopes of reminding me why I requested it. I saw Chase Crawford, but I didn't think I'd go out of my way to see a movie that he was in. Now I am wondering if GNE told me to see it.

I also have "In the Land of Women" which I have yet to watch because it does not look very good. Clearly I got that for Kristen Stewart. I can't remember her much from "The Panic Room"
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Spooky, you must, must see "The Covenant." Stephen Straight is in it; hot teen guys with supernatural powers! I watched "In the Land of Women" last month because KStewart was in it; this was the first movie of hers I'd seen. It was okay.
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tamalyn »

I have been meticulously following the thread for the last few days, but have been too busy to post! (lotsa stuff going on and such.) My two cents on the topics that have been touched upon:

Halloween movies! How I love them. I think the critera for what makes a movie specifically "Halloween"-esque would be the setting. Does Halloween happen in the movie? Then I'd say yes. Mentioning the word "Halloween" does not a Halloween movie make. My personal favorites are - 1. Hocus Pocus (I adore it) 2. Casper. I had a serious -likeborderlineunhealthy, cough cough- crush on Devin Sawa. I think my first official swoon happened in that movie when he and Christina Ricci (what a cutie pie she is! Love her!) danced at the Halloween party. 3. Adams Family! I had totally forgotten about my love for that movie! I related to Wednesday alot, and I would always quote her creepy sayings, much to the dismay of my worried family. Ha.

Halloween Candy! Hurray for it. My personal favorite (it was hard to choose, since candy is all varying shades of delish) are those mellowcreme pumpkins that they only sell in the fall. They taste like Candy Corn, but are way softer and bigger. NOM NOM NOM. :D
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

BlueStarlight wrote:Spooky, you must, must see "The Covenant." Stephen Straight is in it; hot teen guys with supernatural powers
Don't forget that Taylor Kitsch is in it too...the other Edward. You know, I still haven't seen it. I need to rent it.

I rented Land of Women for Stewart, but also for Adam Brody, the guy who played Dave, Lane's first love on Gilmore Girls. I didn't really like it.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry