True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by pubesy »

LOLOLOL

watching the scene where bill bites sookie on the neck.

if he bit the carotid artery - then stopped like he did, blood would be gushing EVERYWHERE! (even if he bit the vein it would still gush, but not spurt!)

all of a sudden it has stopped and she is miraculously not bleeding? PUHLEASE
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
Pandancer
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Pandancer »

I absolutely love the show. I could do without all of the.. 'Scenes'. -Cough- :roll: But it's HBO, they don't have restrictions, what do you expect? It's getting to be less and less, and aside from that, the show is amazing, at least from the view of somebody who hasn't read the books. -Shrugs-

I love Bill. I used to like Sam and Jason, but they're just getting on my nerves now. :/ Lafeyette is pretty kick-butt, too, and so is Eric. I might be a little biased, since I loved Alexander Skarsgard on Generation Kill, but whatever. :lol:

Did anyone notice Eric texting on last night's episode? On his sidekick. For some reason, I don't think that fits him at all. I busted out laughing when I saw that. xD

Ah, I'm so upset about Sookie's gran. She was so sweet. </3
Backhoe Trainee in EDC, Inc. : Let's break down some houses! >D
Captain Bri Devonshire in Jasper's
Army -Salutes-
kitten13
Settled in Forks
Location: Upper Darby, PA (Styling Edward's emo hair is funnier after RPattz.)

Post by kitten13 »

Many yays for True Blood. Love the theme, love the show. Bill Compton is the Worst. Vampire. Ever. but in a cute way. I adore Lafayette, and Tara. Sookie, not so much. But, whatever. Also love Sam; his whole kick-buttery last episode was great.

So, I didn't read all of the posts, so sorry if this is a repeat topic: if it is, tell me, I'll edit. But: What do you think of Sam? Werewolf or weredog? Something else?

I also agree with the 'scenes' thing, only because I watch the show with my boyfriend, my older brother, and his wife.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

first of all, let me tell you people that i have only seen one episode. anyway, so for some reason, i kept comparing bill to edward (even though he looks nowhere NEAR as good as edward. :)), sookie to bella, and sam to jacob. i don't know why, but i just did. the entire time i was like "sam. go away, or else sookie just might punch you in the face. now go off and run with all of your werewolf friends." ya, i'm crazy. oh well. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

urcoolcarrie wrote:"sam. go away, or else sookie just might punch you in the face. now go off and run with all of your werewolf friends."
Ouch!! Poor Sam! I found Jacob Black annoying a lot too, and Sam bothers me a bit as well, but not in the same way at all. I like both characters, but in comparison, I'm more fond of Sam. Him and Tara together is just too cute. They NEED each other. This last episode was pretty cool. It's funny because just when you think Jason can't get any worse off...he gets even worse off! :roll:
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

Toni- Jason cracks me up, he is like the stupid friend in the group that keeps doing really stupid things.
I like sam! but not with Sookie!, and bill.. i just love bill. the show is awesome, i just wish Sookie would have held out a little longer before bill bit her.

love the show, I loved when sam went streaking across the field! i was laughing and that girl praying to her V haha yeah.. Crazy ding dong the witch is dead which old witch the wicked witch
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Pandancer wrote: I love Bill. I used to like Sam and Jason, but they're just getting on my nerves now. :/ Lafeyette is pretty kick-butt, too, and so is Eric. I might be a little biased, since I loved Alexander Skarsgard on Generation Kill, but whatever. :lol:
I LOVE Lafeyette!! He is so funny!! Everyone needs a Lafeyette in their life!! I really like Tara too. She is bad @$$. I heart Jason because he's Australian :) I've never really liked Anna Paquin in anything, but I really like her as Sookie. When I am watching the show, I don't see Anna the actress, I see her character Sookie..There are some actors out there that don't really embrace their role, but Anna does..actually all of the cast of TB does.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

It seems in an effort to show as much skin as possible, they show a lot of what they perceive is going on in the background of the books. I don't mind that, but come on, I'm getting tired of gratitous sex scene - one after the other with it not having a great bearing on the plot. It seems like the story is moving so slowly because they have to make room for us to see Jason naked in new and exciting ways. Please! Let's just get to the story and keep moving. The last episode I saw (where Bill bites Sookie) was good, I wonder if they are going to drag the series so that the first season is book one or if they are going to drag it out longer than that and have book one end with the begining of season two.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

I kind of hope they drag it out as long as possible. I love the show. I love Charlainne Harris. I love her "Grave" series as well.
Pandancer
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Pandancer »

I've never really liked Anna Paquin in anything, but I really like her as Sookie. When I am watching the show, I don't see Anna the actress, I see her character Sookie..
Agreed. I almost screamed when I heard Rogue from X-men was playing Sookie. xD But she pulls the part off well, even if I get a bit annoyed by her at times. I have to give Anna props for the role, that's for sure.
Backhoe Trainee in EDC, Inc. : Let's break down some houses! >D
Captain Bri Devonshire in Jasper's
Army -Salutes-